Archeage

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just participated in my first Jury, was about to log out but noticed I was pretty low on the jury number and sure enough a few seconds later I got called for jury duty. Very interesting system and quite cool, no way in hell would it ever work in a Blizzard type MMO, but for this open world sandbox game it is pretty nifty.

The only thing is that the sentencing does not seem to really fit the crime for the most part, thieves get the book thrown at them while murderers often get off with a wrist slap

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess it's probably cause thieves tend to steal a lot of shit at once while most murderers tend to kill a random guy then get killed when he comes back/by someone else right around so they only got one murder.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got to try a few thing tonight...being 32 and my questing took me to the first unsafe zone no got my first taste of pvp.

I was attacked by a level 28 and a level 50. I didn't expect to win, and didn't but was surprised by the fact that I could actually offer a decent challenge to a level 50 at 32. They left after I died, and continued questing. A little later 3 level 30 or so attacked me in an area I was questing in, and 2 other players of my faction were there and jumped in to help...and we had a nice little 3 on 3 for a while. It was pretty fun...I am still unfamiliar with the classes and spells so hard to know what to expect. One thing is that CC seem to last a long time.

Also ended up doing a dungeon, first time tanking and we didn't have a dedicated healer but 2 of the group member had some healing. We were able to do a boss and some stuff but it wasn't very efficient and people left. First impression is that while the fight are a bit challenging, it's very simple...the boss had few mechanics but nothing as complex as WoW dungeon bosses, not sure if he was typical or just a simple one. I don't dungeons will be memorable.
smile.png

Still had fun raising my geeses, feeding them and shaving them.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
IRL murder obviously > theft.

In game however it's reverse. Shit is VALUABLE in game and especially when you are farming up stuff for rares and need lots and lots of product to get the crit rare when you lose that patch it hurts. Far more than when you get ganked and are back in action in less than a few minutes.

I much prefer to get ganked 10x or even 100x than have my secret farm stuff stolen. I guarantee you I'll kill my fair share of people trying to kill me but if I lose 20g in plants plus any rares that stings far more and is a ton of lost time.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I got to try a few thing tonight...being 32 and my questing took me to the first unsafe zone no got my first taste of pvp.

I was attacked by a level 28 and a level 50. I didn't expect to win, and didn't but was surprised by the fact that I could actually offer a decent challenge to a level 50 at 32.
Levels help obviously but 2 30's are more than a match for 1 50 if you don't suck or don't get caught at a huge disadvantage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If the 50 is a sorc with the right spec though he can kinda one shot other 50s so I'd assume he would have no trouble one shotting 30s, and then it's 1vs1 with the sorc running around for a bit for cooldowns. But yeah from what I've read it's not like wow 4+levels=miss all the time thing.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got the founder. It is a pretty neat game. One question where do i get the Glider, I just want to jump off shit and fly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got the founder. It is a pretty neat game. One question where do i get the Glider, I just want to jump off shit and fly.
Not sure on west side but for east island, you get it around lvl 13-14 or so in a quest in tigerspine mountains up the mines just north of anvilton with the robots and shit. It's a really shitty glider though, you then get a free one for hitting level 25 as an instant reward, a pretty good one.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Currently playing TESO right now for the PvP part, but unless Zenimax wille make amazing announcements tomorrow night during their Reddit's AMA, I don't think I'll sub because there is no european server and PvP lacks too many features. Sooo, is Archeage fun PvP wise ? I've read about its features but how is it, as a player's PoV ?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The Glasnost test showed no throttling. After some more research,I came across this websitethat describes what is causing the problem with Uverse as well as the solution. However, I am wary of going in and messing around with my router.
Don't be. It's a fairly simple solution. If it doesn't work just simply go in and undo the changes you made.
Unfortunately while the guys at that tech website were having the same problem of downloading large files with ATT Uverse 2Wire routers, they have a different model than what I have so that solution won't work.

Since I got the 1034 error at least 100 times while downloading AAge, even though it finally completed I'm assuming some of the files got corrupted or some are outright missing. Apparently the Glyph patcher doesn't detect these corrupted/missing files and re-download them, which is why I keep crashing every time I launch.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Currently playing TESO right now for the PvP part, but unless Zenimax wille make amazing announcements tomorrow night during their Reddit's AMA, I don't think I'll sub because there is no european server and PvP lacks too many features. Sooo, is Archeage fun PvP wise ? I've read about its features but how is it, as a player's PoV ?
PVP has weight in AA, Guild tag's matter etc. Win a decisive battle, steal their trade packs, crops and control a mine for harvesting very valuable stone.

Piss off the wrong crowd, friendly or enemy, and you get your farms camped.

Resources are worth more than peoples lives in this game.

There are plenty of aspects to AA's pvp that out-weigh any pvp in ESO.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm seeing a disconcerting amount of shenanigans revolving around not being able to freely engage enemies within your own faction and even outside your faction. Maybe it's because people aren't fighting in the right areas but if I declare war on a player/guild, can I just go stomp his rutabaga plants without committing a crime or worrying about what zone I'm in?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm seeing a disconcerting amount of shenanigans revolving around not being able to freely engage enemies within your own faction and even outside your faction. Maybe it's because people aren't fighting in the right areas but if I declare war on a player/guild, can I just go stomp his rutabaga plants without committing a crime or worrying about what zone I'm in?
Yeah the protected zone feature is kinda weird, you can't flag or do anything cept steal open world non plotted plants other people put down.

If you travel into another factions protected zone for trade quests etc, only the person who got attacked can fight against a protected citizen of the enemy faction.

In the 30+ zones, you can toggle Bloodlust mode on, which lets you fight friendlies and do harm to their rootabegas.

In the northern Island, all bets are off, guilds can become their own faction if they want and just say fuck the world and go on a massive Pickle Pillage.

All in all - Protected zones sub 30 are pretty fucking carebear, but it's that way so people don't get camped and quit I guess.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the person is your faction and his plants are on his private farm(has a scarecrow) or even a public farm(has a 24 hour time limit after growing to pick before someone can steal iirc), no you can't touch his plants. You can flag and kill them anytime they try to farm or harvest(gives crime/infamy points). If the stuff is planted in public(no scarecrow or marked farm borders like public farms) then you can jack his crap right away but you will get crime/infamy if its still tagged with a "owner"(you get a warning when you try to dig/harvest them). Depends do you want to do the ultimate dick move and uproot the plants or wait for them to grow/mature and take the actual resource but give time for the person to come back.

If its on the other faction You can steal it or uproot it without any consequence, but if its in "protected land"(sub level 30 zones) you can't attack anyone until that person actually attacks you. This is actually wierd, because if you are in say a party of 6 and you are in the enemies protected land(remember level 30 and below zones) and they attack your group but just focus on one person, only that one person can attack back. You can't attack in protected enemy lands until you are actually hit with something from each player, though you can heal friendlies no matter what. It actually makes sense given its protected land for lowbies and they don't want roaming 50s in there killing to their hearts content.

So I can see future raiding parties to the other continent just to find and destroy/gather farms that people try to hide in mountains/hills.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PVP has weight in AA, Guild tag's matter etc. Win a decisive battle, steal their trade packs, crops and control a mine for harvesting very valuable stone.

Hmm you got my attention.

Neki

Molten Core Raider

Interesting...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There might 2 things at play right now concerning people's behavior.

For one thing it's alpha, ultimatly nothing you do will eventually matter. I think a lot of people are going the "pirate" route in alpha for fun, but I am guessing there won't be as many doing when the game is live.

The other thing is, almost everyone is below 30. The game changes when you're in the 30+ zones. You have to deal with ennemies from the other factions, people from your faction who decide that they want to attack you...and you'll need allies.

When I played last night, I was attacked and killed a few times before I ended up grouping with other people questing and we drove the ennemies away. We ended staying together...3 of us for the better part of 2 hours questing simply for the safety that being in a group brought us.

We fought a few ennemies, and saw a few avoiding us. It would have been a different evening if I was stuck alone because I have a bad reputation and noone wanted to group with me.

I think the live game will be a bit different, especially a few months after release when a lot of people are 50 and the majority of your adventuring is in unsafe areas.

Hell, 3/4 of the guild advertising in the western continent are for future Pirates guilds.