Archeage

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't see it being changed, 24g a day is not a lot and it literally occupies your large farm for the entire duration.
I am sorry, but 24g a day is a HELL of a lot of money. I am lucky if I can make 5 to 8 a day doing trade runs once you take into consideration the time it takes planting crops, re-harvesting and then carrying things back and forth. The time investment vs. a farm like that is way out of whack.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I am sorry, but 24g a day is a HELL of a lot of money. I am lucky if I can make 5 to 8 a day doing trade runs once you take into consideration the time it takes planting crops, re-harvesting and then carrying things back and forth. The time investment vs. a farm like that is way out of whack.
Shhhhh, Trion could be watching...

Any other questions thread before I head out to lunch?

moontayle

Golden Squire
That battle was pretty fucking baller. That ya'll were able to stave off a force three times your size and ultimately win the encounter is damned impressive.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its nice as in there is no risk and its passive, but 24g a day is not that much and its 1 large farm taken(and you need to get milk in every 6 hours on the nose or that 24g a day starts to skew). There are a quite a few other things you could do to make that much or even more, with some having obviously more risk.

Hell I could be lazy and just plant a large farm full of single clovers every 1.5 hours and probably make 50g+ a day selling the lucky clovers from them(not to mention other rare drops). But that's boring and its alpha, I don't really care about maximizing gold atm.

Trade runs can bank a lot of gold, but there's also the risk involved, but you could easily plant a large farm full of Lily bundles, then make probably 10+ packs out of that and deliver them for 7g a pack, with a run taking maybe 20minutes or so, but again risk of it being taken, but that's solo. If you did a dedicated group of 5-6 who's sole purpose was to make money(like his cows) you could run with protection and everyone with packs and everyone makes that money.

Lots of ways to make money, I bet even safe intercontinent trade runs could make 24g a day, it's just of matter of how much work you want to put in and how much risk you want to take.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Its nice as in there is no risk and its passive, but 24g a day is not that much and its 1 large farm taken(and you need to get milk in every 6 hours on the nose or that 24g a day starts to skew). There are a quite a few other things you could do to make that much or even more, with some having obviously more risk.

Hell I could be lazy and just plant a large farm full of single clovers every 1.5 hours and probably make 50g+ a day selling the lucky clovers from them(not to mention other rare drops). But that's boring and its alpha, I don't really care about maximizing gold atm.
Clover seed bundles on small farms produce at about this rate, alongside cows, and are used for cow feed as well as a base component at 6 clovers to 10 feed. Additionally, doing clover bundles instead of singles produces worms for fishing which are a hot ticket item currently and significantly reduce the setup and gather time required in comparison to a 200 plant large farm full of clovers.

Byproducts and Reduced gather time make this a more optimal method of gathering clovers.

Each bundle takes 10 seeds to make (and gives gathering skill to combine) average yield is 32-38 clover and 5-9 worms per gather. With the rare chance of Lucky Clovers (which are used for level 40+ armor crafting recipes). Can fit 4 on a small farm - yielding roughly 120 clover per small farm every 3.5 hours (if watered at time of planting).

--Edit to your edit--

I agree on your Lily run point, in our case Wheat runs: They are do able along side a passive cow farm, we prioritize gilda stars (for storage + schematics) but gold is another viable method and acts as a more active income. Risk is definitely there for pirates though for sure. Lilly bundles on small farms or in our case Wheat bundles act as a cost offset to supply our group with gilda stars using this method. I have only dabbled a bit in schematic auction house sales, and from what I can tell gilda stars act to double the gold value of the trade run at the current market price of aqua-farms. (roughly 14 gilda stars for 40g as opposed to 7g for 5 gilda stars at the time of turn-in). Of course this is all based on yesterdays market values.

Hope this helps.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm not quite understanding here. How much gold are we talking about to deck out a character in high end crafted? What else is it needed for? What if I just wanna be a thieving, gaming, treasure hunting bastard? Are there massive gold sinks that will Fuck my ability to maintain my lifestyle?
theres a lot of RNG so its hard to say for sure but unless you get really lucky your probably looking at 15-20k+

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
theres a lot of RNG so its hard to say for sure but unless you get really lucky your probably looking at 15-20k+
No idea on the source but I heard it took the KR servers ~2 years before a single player had a full set of top tier crafted.

EDIT: Gold ultimately isn't the cockblock -- labor points are. The RNG aspect makes it brutal on labor to past 44, regardless of how much gold you have.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't think it will take even close to 2 years. People will be fully geared in a few months if not earlier with guilds funneling mats to a few people.

The biggest issue with crafting is when you unlock the later level gear its a random chance for what set you'll get. So you might be a tank and end up with the INT set which kind of fucking sucks since you already had to get lucky to get some crits to end up with a blue or purple. Not so bad in a large guild because people will trade out pieces and such but it adds another layer of bull shit to the process and that single part is what makes it a PIA to get your gear.

Also with gear being tradeable even after wearing it the market prices will plummet pretty quickly once things get established.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it will take even close to 2 years. People will be fully geared in a few months if not earlier with guilds funneling mats to a few people.

The biggest issue with crafting is when you unlock the later level gear its a random chance for what set you'll get. So you might be a tank and end up with the INT set which kind of fucking sucks since you already had to get lucky to get some crits to end up with a blue or purple. Not so bad in a large guild because people will trade out pieces and such but it adds another layer of bull shit to the process and that single part is what makes it a PIA to get your gear.

Also with gear being tradeable even after wearing it the market prices will plummet pretty quickly once things get established.
It has nothing to do with mats -- how many 50k Tailor/Leather/Metal crafters will be premium on the server? They'll regen 1440 labor a day -- now add up how much it takes laborwise to generate the items in question. Once you hit 44, you have a 1/7th chance of getting an item to continue forward in levels AND you have to crit your craft for the + rarity. Money isn't the issue, as you said, people can pool all the resources... but labor cannot be shared so the traditional MMO "power a few crafters up who will then support the guild" isn't a very predicitive model for endgame AA crafting.

Not to mention -- these 50k armor/weapon crafters will likely want to spend labor on other things instead of just straight dumping their entire 24h gain into a soul-crushing RNG.

EDIT: I didn't mean to say I agreed with that 2 year quote that I read somewhere... I have no idea. I was just commenting on your implication that guilds will trivialize the process by pooling resources.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd probably be as bad as pets in PVE usually are but it'd be great to see 5 witches flank into an enemy zerg and drop demons on everyone.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well pets in PVP are terrible because of terribad AI, pathing and other shit. THis looks like a bomb you drop in NPC form and you forget about it. Which might work if landing the summon does a stun or something.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well pets in PVP are terrible because of terribad AI, pathing and other shit. THis looks like a bomb you drop in NPC form and you forget about it. Which might work if landing the summon does a stun or something.
Yeah, it seems like it could be like the Atronach sorcs in ESO use, only it does FF.