Archeage

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
I think the fresh start will be better than the official launch for those that never played alpha.
If whales and cash shop don't kill it early on it should be a good time.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I agree this is the perfect time to give it a go and be on equal footing with everyone.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Probably better now with enforced caps on gear. you won't get stomped by p2w that hard.
If you want to enjoy farming etc. you have to rush for land though.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
xdD4PDP.png

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
It so is! You would think they would be used to it after four years of let downs by Trion.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Logged in and it seems they have taken p2w in this game to a whole new level. Uninstalling.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What is the reasoning for needing to make a new account for a fresh start server? It seems really stupid.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the reasoning for needing to make a new account for a fresh start server? It seems really stupid.

The reasoning is so Legacy servers people with 50k golds / 500 APEX won't ruin the Fresh Start servers economy on day one. They need to segregate Legacy accounts and Fresh Start accounts so that year long Legacy players won't be able to hit Fresh Start servers with their Legacy assets.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Was sort of interested in the fresh start server, then immediately said "Nope" when I saw that they will be selling gliders in a starter pack. For a game like ArcheAge, having access to gliders 30 minutes before anyone else is a MASSIVE advantage during the land race. Despicable.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you think is new level P2W in the Fresh Start cash shop right now ?

I'm actually dumb as fuck. I misinterpreted some things. There's still stuff like regrade scrolls and what not, but they are so ridiculously priced that only but they largest whales are going to go for them. For a second I thought they had thunderstruck in there.

I'm playing on West kind of half casually, or maybe half ass-idly is more accurate. Super cautious and subconsciously hoping this whole thing will fail.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Ya the p2w is overstated.
The biggest problem is with family fishing generating so much gold. Boring and requires alt armies but several are doing it.

Having fun with the fresh start still. Feels a lot like old times. Just made it through the land rush - nice to see so much more available this time around.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Was sort of interested in the fresh start server, then immediately said "Nope" when I saw that they will be selling gliders in a starter pack. For a game like ArcheAge, having access to gliders 30 minutes before anyone else is a MASSIVE advantage during the land race. Despicable.

Land was locked for 48 hours, gliders meant nothing to the grand scheme of things.

The real screw up as Trion always does is they didn't know allowing people to pre make a character with patron would generate labor. People logged in with 5k labor and could start fishing nearly immediately.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Trion really does work hard to be as incompetent as they are. They refuse to listen to players who actually know what the hell is going on. People told them up front what not to do.
Then they come back and argue with the players trying to justify their decisions. The dumbest publisher I swear.

Again, still having a blast in game despite Trion. Whales are not ruining things yet and there is plenty of land left if people want to still join.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Land rush is timelocked now, it's 48h after server opens and glider quest is around level 10, like 30 mins game.