Archeage

Opimo_sl

shitlord
If the person is your faction and his plants are on his private farm(has a scarecrow) or even a public farm(has a 24 hour time limit after growing to pick before someone can steal iirc), no you can't touch his plants. You can flag and kill them anytime they try to farm or harvest(gives crime/infamy points). If the stuff is planted in public(no scarecrow or marked farm borders like public farms) then you can jack his crap right away but you will get crime/infamy if its still tagged with a "owner"(you get a warning when you try to dig/harvest them). Depends do you want to do the ultimate dick move and uproot the plants or wait for them to grow/mature and take the actual resource but give time for the person to come back.

If its on the other faction You can steal it or uproot it without any consequence, but if its in "protected land"(sub level 30 zones) you can't attack anyone until that person actually attacks you. This is actually wierd, because if you are in say a party of 6 and you are in the enemies protected land(remember level 30 and below zones) and they attack your group but just focus on one person, only that one person can attack back. You can't attack in protected enemy lands until you are actually hit with something from each player, though you can heal friendlies no matter what. It actually makes sense given its protected land for lowbies and they don't want roaming 50s in there killing to their hearts content.

So I can see future raiding parties to the other continent just to find and destroy/gather farms that people try to hide in mountains/hills.
Attacking the enemy in a protected zone should just globally flag you for PvP by the enemy faction. You'll run into situations where a level 50 will pick on a level 30 in a group.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone set up a guild for Alpha last night? Wish they would just let us create chat channels or something similar. But it'd be nice to have comms with everyone within game. If not I'll run set one up now.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did anyone set up a guild for Alpha last night? Wish they would just let us create chat channels or something similar. But it'd be nice to have comms with everyone within game. If not I'll run set one up now.
There is a guild up as I seen the PRX tag a bit but I think recruiting is closed or going for a small group..that what they told me but I'm the unwashed gentile.(course all gentiles are unwashed)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So anyone tried Leatherworking? What's the best way to get pelts?
As Vitality said, farming animals at higher level seems to yield some pelts, even though it's not particularily fast(but still beats most of the other stuff other than iron). You can also raise livestock on your farm then kill them for leather, I think pigs are the one with the best ratio someone said, but not too sure as I haven't done it.

Crafting in this game looks pretty fucking hardcore though, I'll probably try to give it a go whenever I end up having a house, I still need a bunch of lumbers before I buy it then I need to farm some gilda stars and shit.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
It better not be pay to win. I didn't even think that model existed with western audiences.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I feel like I'm missing so much being out of town all week, everyone is going to be like 40 levels higher when I get back.

Are there any dungeons in the game? I'd like to try and do one this weekend if possible.

EDIT: WTF are tucobucks?

Exclamation Alpha Server Update: 5/1/14 at 8:00 AM PT (GMT-7)

Hi everyone!

The ArcheAge Alpha server will be coming down tomorrow, 5/1/14, at 8:00am PDT for an update. The estimated downtime is **90 minutes**.

This update will include a newer text build, changes to the appearance of cross-faction chat and item comparison tooltips, and several backend updates.

8:00am PDT
11:00pm EDT
15:00 GMT
17:00 CEST

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone know how to get the pirate ship? The big black one with the Skeleton and Pirate flags? If so how much shit does that cost?