Archeage

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Kill random named mobs that might be level 30-40 in a certain zone for 55 of something."

Cleared that right up, thanks!

figured it out, time to level up.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
On theirhomepage where they sell the alpha/beta packsthey list monetary values next to credits and perks i.e.11,250 in-game Credits ($75 value)and60-Day Patron Status ($30 value). Is that marketing talk or is this going to be pay-to-win?
Think League of Legends. You can have plenty of fun up until you get bored without spending any. Like most western ftp games you get to play for free/cheap thanks to people willing to drop 10bux on that sort of thing left and right.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started questing in the pvp zones, shit's pretty funny now. Had to respec some stuff to get a better pvp build since I didn't really have great stuff but pretty ok now. Bunch of dicks trying to pk for no specific reason(like not controlling nodes or mob spawns, just attack you randomly), not sure how guards work in that regard either since I got attacked in the middle of town, still won though, guy was sorcery so just enter a building=gg line of sight. Ended up killing him, then he attacked a guy who was afk and I killed him again.

Quite fun but I don't think I'll play the same class(sorcery/devotion/auramancy) at release, sorcery is too clunky to use unless you're ganking people it seems. Can't use Occult though because of shitty ping to alpha servers so the main skill does no damage. Can't use archery for the same reason.

Leveling other classes also look pretty shit so far. I heard it was but yeah it definitely is bad, unless you have quests left, then it goes kinda fast. I guess you just turn in your daillies with 3 alternative classes everytime. So original class choice is probably quite important.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Apparently they are increasing mob experience at cap for that reason.

But yeah, Alpha is the time to reroll a bunch and figure out a good combo you'd like to play. I'm currently testing out Shadow/Witch/Auro because I'm sure Sorcs get nerfed.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Leveling other classes also look pretty shit so far. I heard it was but yeah it definitely is bad, unless you have quests left, then it goes kinda fast. I guess you just turn in your daillies with 3 alternative classes everytime. So original class choice is probably quite important.
Fuck I was hoping this wouldn't be the case.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The animu loving eastern faction, at least for most people here. Which is the eastern one(asian and cat-people).

Apparently they are increasing mob experience at cap for that reason.

But yeah, Alpha is the time to reroll a bunch and figure out a good combo you'd like to play. I'm currently testing out Shadow/Witch/Auro because I'm sure Sorcs get nerfed.
Bummer, I just grabbed Soc and kinda liked the first skills. Is there any place to see what others have done for builds? I am having a hard time planning a support build.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I cant tell if the NA Alpha version is different or if the translations are just terrible. Many of the abilities in game don't have the same combos / descriptions as listed on those 'build' sites.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
I cant tell if the NA Alpha version is different or if the translations are just terrible. Many of the abilities in game don't have the same combos / descriptions as listed on those 'build' sites.
Most of the NA sites stopped updating after the big patch. I would assume everything is pre-big patch (i.e. wrong) unless otherwise indicated.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
For you guys who've done house building and such, is there a good way to go about securing a spot of land for your first/small house that will accommodate larger houses later? Can you just plop down a couple secure farms rather than an actual house that you can pull up later and use the space for larger buildings?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Most of the NA sites stopped updating after the big patch. I would assume everything is pre-big patch (i.e. wrong) unless otherwise indicated.
I kinda wondered if that was the case. In that event many of those 'tried and true' builds may be less than satisfactory because they hinge on interdependent abilities that no longer function in the same way.

In other news I seem to spend far too much time playing with my garden as opposed to actual adventuring.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In other news I seem to spend far too much time playing with my garden as opposed to actual adventuring.
I was telling a friend something like that last night, played for about 4 hours....and didn't kill a single thing. All I did was do some trade routes, gather, and butcher some geeses so I could start planting trees.

I then realized that I spent my evening "working" in game after a day of working in real life.
smile.png

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was telling a friend something like that last night, played for about 4 hours....and didn't kill a single thing. All I did was do some trade routes, gather, and butcher some geeses so I could start planting trees.

I then realized that I spent my evening "working" in game after a day of working in real life.
smile.png
I know, I even felt this playing on RU AA, that I can just do anything in the game to enjoy my time. I dont feel that "have to hit the treadmill to catch up" feeling or "i must smash face". Last night I just logged in to check out my garden and do some more planting and I am still stuck at level 17.