Archeage

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Just hit 47, busy killing mobs for a quest. Get jumped by a 50 caster -- manage to get onto glider and pop health and HP regen pots. Glide enough away to stealth into a bush and he lost sight of me. Let stealth drop to eat food and drink a magic def pot. Track him down on the roof of a structure in town -- follow him a bit further as he meets up with a guildmate (lvl 48). Decide a 1v2 will go poorly but caster splits up again. Engage him at his road-watching spot. His friend arrives while hes at half health. Kill caster, but I'm at 10 percent health. Glider pop, health pots come off cool-down just in time; re-engage his friend (some sort of stealth melee) and kill him easily.

Usually while questing I /salute enemy faction and ignore them since if I start scrappin' I'll get distracted and never level. If someone jumps me while I'm fighting a mob I'll drop everything to shit on them. Only downside is that there is no cross-faction shit talk.

I'm playing a Blighter: Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay. I wear plate and its all lvl 30-34 crafted. Not following any specific point layout, testing them all... but definitely very fun and I feel like I have good odds against any other character. I think I won the 2v1 because they weren't prepared with consumables -- I rarely see people even drink an instant health pot, let alone use food/drink/mdef/pdef/hpregen.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Just hit 47, busy killing mobs for a quest. Get jumped by a 50 caster -- manage to get onto glider and pop health and HP regen pots. Glide enough away to stealth into a bush and he lost sight of me. Let stealth drop to eat food and drink a magic def pot. Track him down on the roof of a structure in town -- follow him a bit further as he meets up with a guildmate (lvl 48). Decide a 1v2 will go poorly but caster splits up again. Engage him at his road-watching spot. His friend arrives while hes at half health. Kill caster, but I'm at 10 percent health. Glider pop, health pots come off cool-down just in time; re-engage his friend (some sort of stealth melee) and kill him easily.

Only downside is that there is no cross-faction shit talk. I'm playing a Blighter: Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay. I wear plate and its all lvl 30-34 crafted. Not following any specific point layout, testing them all... but definitely very fun and I feel like I have good odds against any other character. I think I won the 2v1 because they weren't prepared with consumables -- I rarely see people even drink an instant health pot, let alone use food/drink/mdef/pdef/hpregen.
Send him an ingame mail, call him a bitch, post screenshots.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Only downside is that there is no cross-faction shit talk. I'm playing a Blighter: Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay. I wear plate and its all lvl 30-34 crafted. Not following any specific point layout, testing them all... but definitely very fun and I feel like I have good odds against any other character. I think I won the 2v1 because they weren't prepared with consumables -- I rarely see people even drink an instant health pot, let alone use food/drink/mdef/pdef/hpregen.
Great work.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Only downside is that there is no cross-faction shit talk.
I dunno man, last thing I want if I die to the CoD generation kids is afterwards listen to their smack talk. I'll probably punch a hole through my monitor.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I dunno man, last thing I want if I die to the CoD generation kids is afterwards listen to their smack talk. I'll probably punch a hole through my monitor.
You can always /block someone being annoying, shrug. I'd appreciate the opportunity to say 'good fight' or some such. The most taunting I'd do even in a situation like this would be "lol" and just see what they say. It's like giving your enemy the opportunity to be cool and say "damn man wtf nice job" OR spew some nonsense about "lol bet u couldn't win without ur newb potions".

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I may pick this up eventually, but is there permanent stealth classes? Do they open with stuns/CC? I'm never again leveling up in a pvp environment where there's a gank class. To steal a quote from Lethal Weapon: I'm too olllld for that shit.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I may pick this up eventually, but is there permanent stealth classes? Do they open with stuns/CC? I'm never again leveling up in a pvp environment where there's a gank class. To steal a quote from Lethal Weapon: I'm too olllld for that shit.
Yes -- you can pretty much perma-stealth. Stealth lasts 60s on a 60s cooldown, so you go visible briefly when you refresh it but you can do that out of sight. It's ridiculously easy to level to max in AA without ever pvping, however. You get a ton of exp just from using your labor points daily, and you can wait until zones go into peace time (zones rotate through dispute/war/peace) and quest during peace time. My brother is 37 and hasn't quested since 20; he's just spending labor.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought there was cross faction chat, that you have to learn the language using scribing and shit? Not implemented? Might not work for tells but like for local say and yell.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I thought there was cross faction chat, that you have to learn the language using scribing and shit? Not implemented? Might not work for tells but like for local say and yell.
I see a jarbled message from cross faction, haven't seen much on scribing (atleast not in the writing skill), also mails work just fine cross faction. I send them all the time.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I've tried to find info on that shit but the KR-->English translations for wikis and other resources are lacking. Most of the people in the alpha are huge newbs figuring things out through word of mouth. I wish I had a friend who played KR or RU to bring me up to speed, haha. Either way, shittalk isn't the same if its contingent upon people having a specialty.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Bikeman (some of his videos were posted earlier) mentioned that in his 1+ hour "tutorial" video. Similarly to EQ, there are indeed languages you can learn from people. Sounded fairly similar.

He showed a menu with 7-8+ languages of which he knew 2 I think it was, his race language and the common of the faction.

So the system seemed to be active.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So as an early birthday present, I have been funded in as a Founder. I don't have a huge appetite to invest dozens of hours which will be wiped, though. What's everyone's thoughts i.e. replayability, release dates and burnout potential?