Archeage

Neki

Molten Core Raider

I don't know about awesome but the player housing option definitely interests me and seems really cool

The fact you can upload your own images to use. yeah, nothing can go wrong with that...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I may pick this up eventually, but is there permanent stealth classes? Do they open with stuns/CC? I'm never again leveling up in a pvp environment where there's a gank class. To steal a quote from Lethal Weapon: I'm too olllld for that shit.
Haha in a game like Archeage I'll never play without Stealth. Initiative, surprise and escape please.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So as an early birthday present, I have been funded in as a Founder. I don't have a huge appetite to invest dozens of hours which will be wiped, though. What's everyone's thoughts i.e. replayability, release dates and burnout potential?
Burnout potential is pretty high in alpha/beta because all your efforts get wiped, take it easy get some stuff tested. (IE: I've got character creation > small farm > land grab > large farm pretty optimized for a family of 5.)

I'm kind of just doing some passive management of resources to keep the gold coming in so I can buy some of the higher ticket items and test viabilities of the upper tiers of crafting as far as marketability and demand go.

Still, testing demand in alpha is a bit futile, just getting a general idea.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
I may pick this up eventually, but is there permanent stealth classes? Do they open with stuns/CC? I'm never again leveling up in a pvp environment where there's a gank class. To steal a quote from Lethal Weapon: I'm too olllld for that shit.
0% chance you will like this game.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
So as an early birthday present, I have been funded in as a Founder. I don't have a huge appetite to invest dozens of hours which will be wiped, though. What's everyone's thoughts i.e. replayability, release dates and burnout potential?
Burnout potential is pretty high in alpha/beta because all your efforts get wiped, take it easy get some stuff tested. (IE: I've got character creation > small farm > land grab > large farm pretty optimized for a family of 5.)
AA really isn't a high burn out potential type of game, IMO. The questing content is standard fair, so you can skip it all together if you want and not be behind for release (knowledge wise). If you just log in, make a farm and farmville it up to learn about the currencies (gilda stars, nui coins, etc.) and how the crafting, labor points, infamy systems work, you will have fun for dozens of hours.

When release hits, you can go balls to the wall WoW quest hub style with ease and it will all be new.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
ya there is so much to do in this game you just enjoy being online. There is no "grind" feel, at least for me.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Many in our guild have suggested this could be a multi-year game. I have been let down before so I remain cautious. If true it will be the first MMO since EQ/Eve to be multi-month let alone multi-year - this alone has me very excited.
If it becomes a long term game - I do not fear alpha burn out because there is so much more to live and Alpha only provides a taste. If it dissapoints, like every other mmo in the last 10 years - then I most certainly will burn out.

For now, this game wrecks me. I dont want to play any other game after alpha and just want it to be released so I can indulge.
As a precaution, I have stopped playing daily as I have self-capped my leveling at 30 and already accomplished the goals I set for alpha.

It's like finally finding the girl you could really be serious with after giving up on broken relationships for years - I dont want to spoil a good thing and plan to take things slow....

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
No idea why I just pulled the trigger on this. I have no idea what the fuck is going on in the thread, I played Farmville for the first time today (the real game) and had mad fun, and I haven't been longing for a sandbox. Having bounced from themepark to themepark I guess I figure why the hell not. We'll see what happens!

I finally got to put some time into Wildstar this week and while it is exactly what I hoped it would be, that is the problem as well. I just don't see it sticking no matter how much I love their world/art/systems.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I like to waste money on shit mmos so next paycheck i'll be in. what are some good ganking builds?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I like to waste money on shit mmos so next paycheck i'll be in. what are some good ganking builds?
Google Hermit or Clown build.

edit:
Reference: Hermit is Sorc/Calling/Witchcraft and Clown is Sorc/Songcraft/Shadow

I'm currently level up a Battlerage, Witchcraft, Vitality build that will focus on control and tackling. Should be interesting I think to see if it's viable. The other combo is sticking Shadow instead of Battlerage in there for more DPS.

Ugh. I desperately wanted to like this game. There are so many cool little systems like housing and trade routes. The combat is so goddamn boring that I can't put up with it though. Maybe there will be a rerolled guild so I can experience it vicariously through everyone else :p.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ugh. I desperately wanted to like this game. There are so many cool little systems like housing and trade routes. The combat is so goddamn boring that I can't put up with it though. Maybe there will be a rerolled guild so I can experience it vicariously through everyone else :p.
I expect that a bunch of people will do very little combat in AA. You can fill your play session easily with labor spending, trade routes, and scouting for hidden farms. If you exhaust the possibilities here (tired of your large house and car and submarine, treasure hunting is boring, fishing sucks, etc etc)... Given how the labor is a soft cap for a guild (contingent upon guild members), I suspect land-owning guilds in the north would see a demand for someone who primarily wants to craft and farm. What guild leadership would say no to a dedicated crafter? That's labor spent on the guild as opposed to the competition. Remember what I said a page or two ago -- a guild cannot powerlevel a crafter through wealth, its strictly tied to labor. I guarantee you that a competitive guild looking to make a mark on AA come release will try to plan out a strategy to ensure they have labor available in the professions that they want, and I can't see a downside to having "too many armorsmiths" given how brutal the RNG is for the best gear.

A lot of people found a purpose and entertainment in Eve but didn't like the combat -- they liked being part of a whole and supporting the effort with their crafting/gathering.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
What level did you get up to? At early levels combat is boring because you only have a few skills to use and PVE mobs to fight. I would go so far as to say the combat aspect of the game probably doesn't start getting fun until you leave the protected zones and start PVPing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What level did you get up to? At early levels combat is boring because you only have a few skills to use and PVE mobs to fight. I would go so far as to say the combat aspect of the game probably doesn't start getting fun until you leave the protected zones and start PVPing.
Also if you're playing something like Aura/Vit/Song, of course combat is going to drag ass having not taken a single combat oriented line.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
While the first 5 minutes of combat isn't anything mind blowing I approve of being a dual wield bard and I'm looking forward to that run speed song. (YES!) Hopefully can put some time in this weekend since I just picked up founders yesterday.