Archeage

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
UI settings are saved weirdly and there's stupid issues if you don't have languages installed or whatever. I think you need korean support for it to work flawlessly, but if you write lock the files it works too, it's pretty shitty overall, I assume they'll get to fixing it at some point. My UI resets most of the time(but sometimes saves properly so...).

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok the wife loathes PvP but is into the whole farm and housing thing. I am not into PvP much but I can tolerate it enough to have some fun with it. I too like the farm/housing aspect.

So is it possible for the two of us to log in, put down some farm and housing action and go about our business crafting away? Or do we HAVE to PvP to survive. Sorry if this has been answered. I am slaving at work and my lurking skills have diminished.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
My stuff sticks -- do you log out properly or just alt-f4?
I've tried quitting from in-game, going to Character select and then quitting, and alt+f4, same result.

UI settings are saved weirdly and there's stupid issues if you don't have languages installed or whatever. I think you need korean support for it to work flawlessly, but if you write lock the files it works too, it's pretty shitty overall, I assume they'll get to fixing it at some point. My UI resets most of the time(but sometimes saves properly so...).
Yea, I set one of my settings files to read-only to keep my UI scaled to 80%. If I knew which contained my chat settings I'd try that too. I'll check out this Korean thing.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ok the wife loathes PvP but is into the whole farm and housing thing. I am not into PvP much but I can tolerate it enough to have some fun with it. I too like the farm/housing aspect.

So is it possible for the two of us to log in, put down some farm and housing action and go about our business crafting away? Or do we HAVE to PvP to survive. Sorry if this has been answered. I am slaving at work and my lurking skills have diminished.
Absolutely -- your primary source of exp post 30 will be labor. If you spend your labor daily, I think you'd level once every other day just from that. You can also duck into zones while at peace to get an hour or two of pvp-free questing done should you desire. You can do instances just fine as well -- Hereafter Stones are cheap and they'll allow you to port anywhere on the continent (all dungeons have a port spot right outside). The things that are denied to you are: the northern continent (guild owned castles for e-penis battling), some housing spots on islands, the middle island for the most lucrative trade routes, and access into zones 30+.

Frankly, I think there will be many people who get wealthy straight from the PVE side of things and rarely (if ever) bother to PVP. Without knowing how lucrative the northern continent is, I can't really comment on how competitive you'd be. But if the question is simply: Can a carebear wife/husband find things to do together in AA without pvping... then I say absolutely yes.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
While the first 5 minutes of combat isn't anything mind blowing I approve of being a dual wield bard and I'm looking forward to that run speed song. (YES!) Hopefully can put some time in this weekend since I just picked up founders yesterday.
I'm primary bard here and started off dual wield until someone pointed out to me that dual wield is broken and the off hand doesn't provide any extra damage. I switched to 2H and started mowing down mobs. I'm going Bladedancer (Songcraft, shadowplay, battlerage) and it works great for solo PVE.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whelp, I'm all alone, if anyone wants to PVP together or dungeon let me know, I'm a level 50 Vitalist, other two specs are lower level but I can still CC/heal.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hide my bow by prioritizing shield or something else above "Weapon" in the game info option pane.

Vitality

HUSTLE
On the topic of Labor usage to Gain levels - It's roughly 1000 Labor used for every 30% of a level (10 labor per .3%). And your labor cap goes up as you use it. At a regen rate of 5/5min or 60/hr you should be able to use 1440 every day (not including labor gains from resting in bed)

This totals 43.2% of a level/day if you're absolutely optimizing your labor usage for leveling purposes and are able to dump 1440 in less than 5 minutes. Level rate goes up a few percent for variable usage.

Later on it will be wise to switch to under leveled skill sets in order to gain ranks in them once your main 3 are maxed. Assuming labor gains still give xp at 50.

Currently the cheapest way to safely maximize these labor dumps with minimal input investment is planting and uprooting planted potatos. Referred to as "Potato Leveling".

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someonehada fig farm, it was not hidden well enough.

qGMwUbJ.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's the ultimate mechanic to encourage exploring. Stealing peoples shit is way more satisfying then some POI or lame chest.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I played a Doomlord (Battlerage/Defense/Occultism) up to 11 last night.

My first impressions were good, really. I thought the combat was standard but fine; the combo system was pretty awesome and it seems like there are a lot of potential synergies to explore.
The world seemed OK; I haven't spent any time off of the beaten/quest line path, though.
The game isn't as Asian as I was prepared for but there is no mistaking where it was created.
I wouldn't have thought there was that much localization left to do but I guess that all cutscenes, really.

I haven't had a chance to try any of the farmville/crafting. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.