Archeage

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Has Scott stopped by in a while? Would love to hear the reasoning behind Trion starting its own Steam-like service with Glyph. It seems like such a weird move and the lineup is minuscule, but good luck to him -- Scott had always seemed like a cool dude.

Edit: I guess this was announced at GDC, didn't know. It officially launched now though. http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/5499898/glyph-drm-free-games-platform-trion-worlds

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I don't understand overachieve if you're solo, do you just sit there and overachieve 1-2 mobs?
Quests have states: In-progress; "Under-achieved"; Complete; "More than necessary"; Overachieved. The ones in quotes aren't exactly what the quest helper says but that's generally what they mean. For practically all kill quests and for many of the quests where you just gather stuff, doing 50% more than the quest asks will get you to the Overachieved state. Quest says kill 20, kill 30 for overachieve; quest says kill 25, kill 38 for overachieve.

Any announcement on Beta date? Need something to play.
Any idea if Alpha people will still be able to play on non-weekends?
No specific dates announced for beta yet. They're still aiming for June. Beta will take place in 3 to 5 day events, some on weekends, some during the week. Alpha servers will go down during those events and be brought back up between them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so then im assuming the bonus is worth the time to kill the extra 10?
Hard to say if it's worth it, but at least you don't run out of quests and have to grind, granted you're just grinding the quests longer instead, so matter of taste. Some are really easy to overachieve though, like picking up shit while you're killing mobs, often you'll be done with the collection quest first so you might as well overachieve it. Personally while the leveling was absolute ass, I didn't mind versus say Wildstar because of a few reasons, first you level fast, you don't need that many quests per level and the TTK is lower on mobs and second because you don't get spammed by a fucking stupid amount of quests, you generally get 3quests per hub, sometimes 4-5, but never like 8 like you do in Wildstar, and you don't have the fucking "EH LISTEN" popups for challenges on top of it and all that fucking nonsense. It flows better, it's very simplistic questing but I found it a lot better than when I leveled in Wildstar, even though it's mostly the same shit, lots of bear ass quests.

I overachieved every quest cause I didn't mind, you probably don't need to though but you might run into xp issues at times. You definitely don't want to turn in early though, that's gonna fuck you, unless you don't mind grinding mobs.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when i leveled up there was noone else around. I overachieved every quest along the way and hit cap midway through hasla, so a zone and a half early.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Adapt or quit, I suppose is a good summation of the leveling experience AA brings currently (and rescorlas post), I don't really see an inbetween.

I mean if PVP gave decent xp/coin/anything I'd definitely see there being an inbetween.

Currently though, PVP is just a means of limiting other players, "Legal Griefing" I suppose you could say. There's really no absolute reason to do it other than to inconvenience other players.

If I could take some of their on hand cash, or gain 1% xp for a kill, or something... my tune would change on the subject.
There are PVP rewards and crafting mats that you can buy with honor points. Killing players does have a reward.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are PVP rewards and crafting mats that you can buy with honor points. Killing players does have a reward.
That doesnt solve the problem of there being nothing worthwhile to fight for. You sail around the ocean hoping to meet a group that will present a good fight, usually being disappointed.

Scyfi

N00b
Hey Sutekhs, Ding and Harfle sell me your large farms! I am trying to plant a house and everything is full on the east for houses.

This will be an issue come launch if a couple months in the only spaces are small farms or way up north.

Kroad

Trakanon Raider
TecKnoe;713665 said:
so then im assuming the bonus is worth the time to kill the extra 10?[/

Early on I overachieved everything but then started skipping it in cases where the overachieve was a big number or it was slow due to swimming/ annoying mob abilities/etc. Just for comparison I only did the baseline achieves for an alt and I think I was a good 4-5 levels where I otherwise would have been after the first zone. Not sure how it holds up over time but definitely worth it.

The question at release might be is it worth trying to do it then if you aren't in a group. Since all the quests are the same except for the starter zone I can see questing being a real shit show the first few weeks as people compete for tags.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Hey Sutekhs, Ding and Harfle sell me your large farms! I am trying to plant a house and everything is full on the east for houses.

This will be an issue come launch if a couple months in the only spaces are small farms or way up north.
Think you'll need a premium account to put houses down and that will keep a lot of the space available.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Someone from DnT found one of our allies (Xalk of Synapse)'s beach house.

semi-nsfw (girls in bikinis)
ScreenShot0016_1401052215.jpg

ScreenShot0012_1401052263.jpg

ScreenShot0013_1401052310.jpg

ScreenShot0014_1401052354.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
Beach House should be named Burn-Out house.. shit takes 500 nui tears to even buy the schematics for.... crazy

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Synapse is full of people who are just a different breed of players. One of them (MAKI) got emperor in ESO twice on two different characters on Auriel's Bow (for nonESO players it was one of the most competitive campaigns).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Synapse is full of people who are just a different breed of players. One of them (MAKI) got emperor in ESO twice on two different characters on Auriel's Bow (for nonESO players it was one of the most competitive campaigns).
Yeah Synapse's upper eschelon makes me look like a casual-fuck. Feels bad...