Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best part is someone on these forums will let slip a character name while crying about getting ganked or shit stolen and I can see many alts whos whole purpose is to steal that persons shit.
A pirate alt is almost a given, just to be able to steal crap :p

We'll see how it goes, but right now my plan is to race and 5 farms in the first day or whatever, let my family do with it what they will, and process the materials they send me in the mail.

But build a house and jerk off in it or whatever? I see why people want to do it, it's just not for me. The idea of it just makes me want to go play minecraft.
But to have a whole town of guildmates sitting in PvP land sounds like a pretty cool thing. i like the idea of defending my town and see other guildies all around.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah we'll probably have a massive village, a castle in the north and houses spotted along islands and all along the coast/high travel areas. Can't wait!

Vitality

HUSTLE
So from what I can tell you need to be 10 to get the small farm quest, so I guess I'll be doing a speed 1-10 too.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OUch first thing I notice is someone has archemaster title, which iirc means they leveled every tree to 50. People are crazy with time invested in characters that don't count.

Edit: Watching more, OT looks so disorganized. No coordinated pushes timed with CC. They seemed to just sit back and try to range fight, while just letting them rotate the AE magic immune.

Edit: How did nekrage get so much HP? Shows him a healer there, but the guy recording him targets him and he's at like 40% life , with 20kish? Most HP I've seen is like 18k on tanks. Does the guild leader get some buff/ability for sieges?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's not that huge of an accomplishment, especially post 1.2. There's grown shit that gives you shitloads of xp when you harvest it, just cost a bit of cash to make it, and you can level 3 trees at a time, since you don't have to worry about combat. I've heard you can max all trees in like a week this way.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For those always missing out on keys, follow them on twitter.
ArcheAge (ArcheAge) on Twitter

They will usually tell you when a contest for keys is happening. Also do yourself a favor and make a throw away E-mail with gmail and sign up to every Gaming website you can find so when contests go out you are already signed up and have your password saved for those sites.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been reading this entire thread over the last several days (in May 2014 right now).

I'm wondering how many small farms it'd take to start growing everything for the beginning quests (large farm, donkey, etc). Someone at one point mentioned something to me and I thought that making a few chars during the head start and dropping farms all over might be a good strategy. Get all kinds of crap growing and let your main harvest it all to do those quests and sell, with use of labor pots.

I want to say Tuco laid out a good plan for getting through all those as fast as you can, getting 15 stars, and dropping your house as soon as possible. Having the extra farms seems like it'd help, even if it means you have to level up a few chars to 10ish to begin with (with long grow times this likely won't matter since people will be waiting on their crops to harvest).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hehe you're misattributing something to me. I haven't laid out any early-game rush strats, though people in PRX has some really good ones (that shouldn't be shared outside of PRX!).

Vitality

HUSTLE
For West large farm pack shoping list (pre 1.2):

Pack certs costed 50s each (required for each trade pack creation)

Buy and plant 30-33 strawberry seeds

Buy and plant 5-7 bean seeds from a Seed Merchant.

Buy goslings from a Livestock Merchant (Re-usable, number depends on desired speed of completion) (Matures in 6 hours, Harvest every 3 hours) So Plant these right away. (Require 50 downs)

Buy and plant 30-33 Narcissus Seeds from a Seedling Merchant (Need 100 plants)

Acquire 90 raw stone. (Need 30 refined for pack) Harvestable from iron nodes

Donkey is pretty simple, requires vita plant (vendor bought) and some water (acquirable at nearby well) and minor interactions.

After this is done focus on Wood. (Hard to get, needed for boats/largefarm/house construction)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
A few pages later, I saw that apparently taxes are account wide. So that plan doesn't really work anyway. Sounds like the best thing to do is group up with a bunch of people and just do the family thing.

And yeah, my bad Tuco, it was Pyros.

The thing is the farms in Tigerspine mountains are not good, not by any stretch. They're nice to have early on when you don't know what you need for each quest, but once you do know the quest requirements, it's just as fast to get all your shit done at once then turn in all the quests in one go. There's a lot better spots, such as places with natural trees, places near the water(can build a boat easily, can run an aquafarm), places near teleporters to the other continent and so on. There is pretty much no benefit to the farms that are next to the NPC other than saving you a couple of hereafter stones early on for your turn ins.

My plan is to drop down a farm asap wherever I find a spot, doesn't really matter but preferably in temperate climate, then do tumeric+cotton+bananas right away and grind mines for the stones and do the 4 tradepack quests, plus a few more(probably cotton runs but not sure I still need to check the costs/time) so I get 15 gilda stars, buy a house and go drop that+big farm in a good spot asap(which is not tigerspine), then move my small farm to reserve some more space. I haven't scouted the spot yet nor checked everything but yeah tigerspine farms are actually not very good.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For West large farm pack shoping list (pre 1.2):

Pack certs costed 50s each (required for each trade pack creation)

Buy and plant 30-33 strawberry seeds

Buy and plant 5-7 bean seeds from a Seed Merchant.

Buy goslings from a Livestock Merchant (Re-usable, number depends on desired speed of completion) (Matures in 6 hours, Harvest every 3 hours) So Plant these right away. (Require 50 downs)

Buy and plant 30-33 Narcissus Seeds from a Seedling Merchant (Need 100 plants)

Acquire 90 raw stone. (Need 30 refined for pack) Harvestable from iron nodes

Donkey is pretty simple, requires vita plant (vendor bought) and some water (acquirable at nearby well) and minor interactions.

After this is done focus on Wood. (Hard to get, needed for boats/largefarm/house construction)
Makes me wish I didn't play pre 1.2 and just waited for the patch. Since so much changed and everything I knew about crafting, what to plant etc now has a bunch of added stuff to it or changed completely.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that's the #2 reason I haven't played much. Have they said whether they were releasing with 1.2's mechanics? Or is there a chance they're going to seriously revamp again?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah that's the #2 reason I haven't played much. Have they said whether they were releasing with 1.2's mechanics? Or is there a chance they're going to seriously revamp again?
I think 1.2 is here to stay. Only things I've read from official source was about looking into labor regen , archeum drop rate and something else.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It's not that huge of an accomplishment, especially post 1.2. There's grown shit that gives you shitloads of xp when you harvest it, just cost a bit of cash to make it, and you can level 3 trees at a time, since you don't have to worry about combat. I've heard you can max all trees in like a week this way.
less of an accomplishment pre patch, when you could just uproot your potatoes, while being afk... I leveled riley like that, but godamn are the leveling items so good, and much more efficient for around 300g, you basically level a new class to 50.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I bought one of the $150 packages a while ago when they initially put them up for sale. Thought I would have the time and desire to play this game when it launched. I realize now I probably won't have either so I'm looking to sell my account to someone at a reasonable price in-order to recoup some of the cost. PM me any offers. Not guaranteeing that I will sell it if I don't get what I think is a fair price for it though.