Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
The real tears will be when I sit in austera, camping the west's large farm quest pack turn in and getting all their packs for myself ;P Not sure on the exact "in range" to complete the quest, but if you can stop that , you can literally delay the other faction's progression as they have to make a new pack each time. You need to sit off the coast though. Would be hilarious if some guild rushed leveling and spent the 2nd day blockading the other sides large farm turn in.
Completion range is the tip of the dock. Just the tip.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Completion range is the tip of the dock. Just the tip.
just the tip, yes no more donkey sub
frown.png
i mean it works hella slow.

Fogia_sl

shitlord
Ugh, I tried to grab a key for the miss for the next beta event ('cause I got invited directly by Trion on my side), but looks like all sites have run out of them.
Anyone has a spare one by any chance, or know a site where I could grab one ?
Thanks in advance.

Grimsark

Ugh, I tried to grab a key for the miss for the next beta event ('cause I got invited directly by Trion on my side), but looks like all sites have run out of them.
Anyone has a spare one by any chance, or know a site where I could grab one ?
Thanks in advance.
I would like to second that... I'd love to take a look at this.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finalized West Human Battle Rage leveling time 1-10 in 1hr 8 minutes - Small farm and ideal location 1hr 40 mins (with no one running the tps)

Can shave approx 10 mins off the leveling time if you buy a level 7 weapon instead of level 8

Check out the vod here:Twitch Video
Nice video. Is there a particular reason you put the small farm where you did? I saw you pointed out some bushes for harvesting, but is there more of a reason to run there and build it?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Nice video. Is there a particular reason you put the small farm where you did? I saw you pointed out some bushes for harvesting, but is there more of a reason to run there and build it?
Water side property is pretty valuable given the fact that it's a very short run to load your boat, even so much as a small farm to store packs on is a big deal. IMO of course.

Both you and your family/guild can use that small chunk of land as a merchant ship staging area. Very very valuable.

Furthermore just down the coast to the east there are mining nodes on the beach, secluded from most of the main traffic of pkers in the zone next to the plot.

The reasons can stretch on, ease of merchant trade pack assembly requirements in that particular zone, capital city within a glider ride, very nice crafting town just south + bind point/hereafter stone port within earshot.

let me know if you need more reasons. (I'm in the process of itemizing/screenshotting all these reasons in an article that I'll link here on the boards)

Vitality

HUSTLE
Also, this is my first documented guide in the archeage series, so if you guys want to see other topics covered in the future please speak up.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I get that there are different farm sizes, you can't expand your initial small farm because people can lay claim right next to you correct? So your bigger farms will have to be placed elsewhere?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I get that there are different farm sizes, you can't expand your initial small farm because people can lay claim right next to you correct? So your bigger farms will have to be placed elsewhere?
The plan is for someone to make the run while everyone levels, then port everyone to the small farm quest area and subsequent placement areas, setting the small farms in a sort of triangle grid across the coast. Immediately everyone that was leveling and farming coin purses starts planting all the reagents for the large farm quest.

On the west side, geese take like 6 hours or some shit. so getting these down in the first hour of the game is going to be paramount. The grid placement of the small farms is important so you can rip them up and put down precise large farms. While the geese/strawberries/narcicus are growing, everyone heads back to the lvl 10 zone and finishes story quests and buys a house. then ports back to the small farm area and plants houses to reserve space. I estimate this taking an additional hour, but no one is going to be 25 which is the base level of the zone.

Let me know if there's some holes in the strat. Keep the questions coming too. Great points to put in the write-up.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is it possible to flag yourself at the very start of the game? I would love to start with a character on the enemy side and just fucking jihad their ass and slow their progress as much as possible.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to be hilarious, all the areas are going to be planted in the most haphazard way possible to block as much space as people can.

Is it possible to flag yourself at the very start of the game? I would love to start with a character on the enemy side and just fucking jihad their ass and slow their progress as much as possible.
Iirc you can flag yourself, but you can't attack friendlies in safe zones(which are first 6 zones?). You could do what you describe in the pvp zones.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to be hilarious, all the areas are going to be planted in the most haphazard way possible to block as much space as people can.
People have been crying about games not having a community and lack of social interaction. Here you go! Everyone's an asshole!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Flaggable friendly PVP is only possible in the contested zones lvl 30-35+ another reason why the lvl 25 farm location is good.

Vitality

HUSTLE
People have been crying about games not having a community and lack of social interaction. Here you go! Everyone's an asshole!
wait until you see a guild with alt accounts who park characters in a grid for 48 hours until everyone gets large farms. Lol 50 afk characters along the coast preventing people from placing farms.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wait until you see a guild with alt accounts who park characters in a grid for 48 hours until everyone gets large farms. Lol 50 afk characters along the coast preventing people from placing farms.
You can just push the characters out of the way :p

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

Iirc you can flag yourself, but you can't attack friendlies in safe zones(which are first 6 zones?). You could do what you describe in the pvp zones.
bro i need room for my large farm, ok plus my thatchhouse, plus like 8 other large farms, damn right im gonna fucking corner a spot just for me.

yeah, if someones at the print press i push those afk assholes out of the way who are trying to make indexs, make mine go post profit, they come back from AFK with like 50 pages complete.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The plan is for someone to make the run while everyone levels, then port everyone to the small farm quest area and subsequent placement areas, setting the small farms in a sort of triangle grid across the coast. Immediately everyone that was leveling and farming coin purses starts planting all the reagents for the large farm quest.

On the west side, geese take like 6 hours or some shit. so getting these down in the first hour of the game is going to be paramount. The grid placement of the small farms is important so you can rip them up and put down precise large farms. While the geese/strawberries/narcicus are growing, everyone heads back to the lvl 10 zone and finishes story quests and buys a house. then ports back to the small farm area and plants houses to reserve space. I estimate this taking an additional hour, but no one is going to be 25 which is the base level of the zone.

Let me know if there's some holes in the strat. Keep the questions coming too. Great points to put in the write-up.
It seems like everyone takes it for granted that getting land early and fast is crucial. I don't really see the point, couldn't you just power level to 50 and monopolize high income farm locations for gold? For the people who simply must have a house, they can always place in the north when castles go up.

What is an early plot good for and is it worth dealing with the zerg?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think location is more about proximity to things. You want to be close to certain crafting stations, vendors, towns, water, etc. You can't build everywhere in the world, so there are only so many prime locations that fit those criteria.

My plan during either this beta or the next is to find a few places that'll be good ones to throw a house and farm up at. I think that's definitely an area where the alpha players have an advantage.