Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
East guide is under revision still, probably need to do a non-labor using guide just in case.

The main value in waterside property, for me atleast, is ease of merchant ship loading. Other areas, like beach home specified housing locations, offer aqua farm setup for harvesting coral and what not.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
East guide is under revision still, probably need to do a non-labor using guide just in case.

The main value in waterside property, for me atleast, is ease of merchant ship loading. Other areas, like beach home specified housing locations, offer aqua farm setup for harvesting coral and what not.
Eastern Continent also has the primary farm spot for non-crafted best in slot weapons for each class. West Continent gets rings / necklaces which require a crafter with decent handicraft and some rare mats.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played around a bit, thinking I might try Occulism/Songcraft/Shadowplay. Anyone have any experience with that?

This beta is going to be all about learning the basics and figuring out what skills to go with on the first character!

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Played around a bit, thinking I might try Occulism/Songcraft/Shadowplay. Anyone have any experience with that?

This beta is going to be all about learning the basics and figuring out what skills to go with on the first character!
Songcraft and Shadowplay are pretty good together. A general rule of thumb is to avoid hybrids. They're not as good as you think. Also plan your build around doing a lot farming / grinding once you hit max level. Best grinding class is Sorc + Conjuration + X

Wage

Molten Core Raider
Any builds that use songcraft and are good in solo PvP? Or are you just better off doing a re-spec and picking it up only for group play?

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I'm having an enjoyable time playing this beta. My battlerage is maybe level 8 and I have added some defense skills which make good use of the shield. I like how once I have 3 skills sets learned I can swap them at a ress statue priest. Combat seems to be pretty smooth and I haven't noticed a ton of lag while playing even in crowded quest hubs. Pretty good first day impression.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Any builds that use songcraft and are good in solo PvP? Or are you just better off doing a re-spec and picking it up only for group play?
Songcraft has good synergy with the other magic trees, it also has a nice stun you can pick up at like, level 5. Early in Alpha Songcraft + Shadowplay + X was a common theme for ganking while leveling.

Another pro tip not really related, but I didn't see a lot of people doing it - Cooking is really good for the food that decreases your downtime. You also get some really good buff foods that can persist through death.

Grimsark

I have been trying to connect to a server for over ten minutes...
- No indication of relative server population except for one server listed as 'High'.
- No indication of queues or likely wait time.
- No recommended status for connectivity.

They really haven't put any thought into making this easy for the user to make educated decisions, nor give feedback as to WTF is taking so long for things to work.

My initial impressions are seriously damaged right now.

edit: Also, why in the hell is the server list maxing out my GPU?!?
This is the kind of thing that you'd expect from a first time Indie Studio.

edit 2: Nope... 20 minutes of "Connecting..." is enough to walk the other direction for a while.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I have been trying to connect to a server for over ten minutes...
- No indication of relative server population except for one server listed as 'High'.
- No indication of queues or likely wait time.
- No recommended status for connectivity.

They really haven't put any thought into making this easy for the user to make educated decisions, nor give feedback as to WTF is taking so long for things to work.

My initial impressions are seriously damaged right now.

edit: Also, why in the hell is the server list maxing out my GPU?!?
This is the kind of thing that you'd expect from a first time Indie Studio.

edit 2: Nope... 20 minutes of "Connecting..." is enough to walk the other direction for a while.
Grim, I think now is where you should realize how much pain you are in for when you're dealing with something developed entirely in Korea.

Trion doesn't have any control over the code - they have to phone everything in.

They're phoning it in and stuff like this already exists:This guy is botting like a pro in Archeage - YouTube

Grimsark

Grim, I think now is where you should realize how much pain you are in for when you're dealing with something developed entirely in Korea.

Trion doesn't have any control over the code - they have to phone everything in.

They're phoning it in and stuff like this already exists:This guy is botting like a pro in Archeage - YouTube
I am coming to that rude realization quickly.
wink.png

I am so glad I have not bought anything yet.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought since it's a closed beta with character limits in place we would get patron status. Pretty disappointing not being able to place a farm.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Same, and the other direction for me is that awesome game called sleep. It's beta, and with how many keys they sent out you could arguably call it a stress test, but I'm done trying for the night.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll say that the connecting thing is new for this beta. Didn't have any issues during beta 1.

I'll also say that the farming side of patron status is overblown. I'm a patron for this one, but I've figured out that it doesn't make as much of a difference. The small farm doesn't really have that much space, but there's PLENTY of public farming space available (even in the very first farm you come across). As long as you're not planting trees where you're harvesting fruit from them, the public farm is protected for I think 2 or 3 days...something like that. So you can plant your shit for the trade pack quests, or cotton, or whatever on the public farm in whatever little areas you can. I did during beta 1 for the first tradepack quest. I'd just find small areas between other people's farms and plant 5-6 turmeric or azaleas. On top of that, though, is that if you really need to plant a lot of stuff, you'll have to more than likely resort to a secret farm.

The main difference I've found where patron is absolutely worth it is labor points. In beta 1, I had to sit there waiting forever just to do the stupid hereafter stone quest (50 lp required). Or not having enough to make the crafted gear or ID stuff. That's the area where I don't have to really worry about it anymore.

Cybsled

Ya, patron generates 10 pts every 5min while you are online (5 per 5 when offline). At level 12 I have like 700 pts...more than I can spend at the moment, honestly.

Other things I learned:

1) Dont vendor the "green" noob weapons you get while leveling up. Get the thing that lets you extract archeum from them, as that is a needed crafting material.
2) Some animal feed requires you make a workstation at your farm and use mats you get from harvesting various plants. You may want to hold off on larger animals until you get settled in that regard. Stick to plant based stuff at first. I learned that the hard way.
3) Your first farm is a quest reward from the Blue Salt Guild, so don't worry about visiting the special island as a noob since you don't actually buy the farm there.