Archeage

caesium

Molten Core Raider
Ltyl1Va.jpg
well fuck now i have to buy this shit. god damn it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got to level 10 last night during a brief moment where I didn't have shit occupying my time. While quest hub-ish at least at the initial part they keep you moving. I think it's cute that they've injected "story" into the process but I've escaped out of every single cutscene because I really DGAF.
The quest hub system isn't great, but they did do a good job of making it flow well. Last night was the first time I noticed it sucking. Was in Hellswamp, and there was a LOT of back and forth between hubs (run to quest giver, bring back something, run back to quest giver, bring back something else, etc). That zone also really fucking sucks.

I, and everyone I quested with, somehow missed a bunch of the hat quests too. I'm using the one from Silent Forest still (I believe) at level 40. That means I'm basically two armor sets ahead and still no replacement. I did google it though, and it appears at the end of Sanddeep there's finally a full armor set.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
As a random lurker I find the pics he is posting hilarious.
this.

also, apparently this shit is all over alpha:

rrr_img_73705.jpg

i'm really enjoying this game since i rerolled a daggerspell. pvp is all about cc and reacting to the other player's use of their cooldowns and the spell animations make it really entertaining for me for some reason.

i'm planning on leveling defense up once i cap despite the nerf to redoubt so i can try outthis defiler build.

Cybsled

Got to level 10 last night during a brief moment where I didn't have shit occupying my time. While quest hub-ish at least at the initial part they keep you moving. I think it's cute that they've injected "story" into the process but I've escaped out of every single cutscene because I really DGAF.
Ya, the narrated story / still picture cutscenes are horrible. I usually like lore, but it is painful sitting through them.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This game just doesn't want me to play it. Twice now I've gotten to "Less than 15 seconds remaining" and it stops and does nothing. I've had this one going this time since 9pm last night and it still has "less than 15 seconds to go". I can't find anything other than uninstall and start from scratch. That hasn't worked twice now.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
i'm planning on leveling defense up once i cap despite the nerf to redoubt so i can try outthis defiler build.
Let me know how it goes, I was thinking of doing Defiler too, but I don't know if that video is a good representation of the class. Between his massive number of consumable buffs and the Castle Lord Suit, isn't that some imba shit by itself?

Let me know how it goes, I was thinking of doing Defiler too, but I don't know if that video is a good representation of the class. Between his massive number of consumable buffs and the Castle Lord Suit, isn't that some imba shit by itself?
And add to that... he is attacking brand new level 50's who are farming for their first decent weapon. There are a couple of times that ranged characters hit him with all they have and it barely makes a dent.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well to be fair, Defense builds with shields kinda shrug ranged attacks really easily in general. Since they spam small attacks they keep your 15%block passive up all the time and the high armor makes the damage fairly meh. But yeah there's probably a huge gear difference too.

I was thinking of doing a defense centric build too, was thinking more shadowplay/battlerage but witchcraft seems pretty good for damage so might change to that instead of battlerage not sure. Haven't looked really in detail though, game kinda went out of my focus since the beta has been running, I'll probably pay attention to it again once it actually releases.