Archeage

Cybsled

They should ditch the mob-leashing mechanic and bring back trains. The game is about drama, right?
On land maybe...fuck no leashing in the ocean, though. Last thing I need is level 50 jellyfish and seabugs chasing me forever, especially at lower levels ;o

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it looks like a whole bunch of accounts were hacked and used to buy the $150 founders packs. Hopefully everyone with billing information went and added an authenticator. At this point I feel like it's your own fault if you get hacked.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So it looks like a whole bunch of accounts were hacked and used to buy the $150 founders packs. Hopefully everyone with billing information went and added an authenticator. At this point I feel like it's your own fault if you get hacked.
I don't have an authenticator, but when I started hearing these issues popping up I swapped my PW out to something pretty complex. Hopefully that's enough.

However if it's the same crap that happened in Rift where they gained access to login credentials on Trions server I'm pretty boofed.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Email Login + dumb people = stolen accounts, stolen account everywhere. I know some of those people, they can't figure to keep a physical passwords / logins list somewhere near their computer and they're too lazy to take a "complicated" password. Then they got their account stolen and complain about how "that company" is full of shit regarding security and they post PSAs on Reddit to warn people about the great swindle.

wAOdtFa.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Email Login + dumb people = stolen accounts, stolen account everywhere. I know some of those people, they can't figure to keep a physical passwords / logins list somewhere near their computer and they're too lazy to take a "complicated" password. Then they got their account stolen and complain about how "that company" is full of shit regarding security and they post PSAs on Reddit to warn people about the great swindle.
Go look up the security history of Trion when RIFT first came out and there were a rash of account thefts, then feel free to edit your post as needed.

(HINT: They only needed a working account to access everyone elses account)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
On land maybe...fuck no leashing in the ocean, though. Last thing I need is level 50 jellyfish and seabugs chasing me forever, especially at lower levels ;o
Mobs on the ocean do leash, it's just a little buggy. If you are on the wheel/radar/cannon you need to let go in order for them to leash when they are supposed to.

Cybsled

I know they leash (my character would have died so many times if not), I was just referring to that guy's suggestion of removing leashing on mobs in the game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My bad for posting before my morning caffeine, lol. Anyways, fuck no leashing on land as well. There's plenty of fucking ways to troll people without adding stupid shit like that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I got it installed on my SSD and did the 1-10 run. It hitches every 30 seconds or so when I'm running around. This definitely wasn't there pre-CBT4, and the SSD didn't fix anything.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Go look up the security history of Trion when RIFT first came out and there were a rash of account thefts, then feel free to edit your post as needed.

I remember this. Rift lost an incredible amount of subscribers afterwards because people simply didn't feel safe giving them shit. I was thinking about giving Archeage a shot but it seems like they STILL haven't learned their lesson.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

No I don't think I'll edit my post since I was commenting about the latest crying wolf "omg Trion hacked again !!!???" which happened on both Reddit and official forums. I know Trion has a bad history about security butthis timeit seems it's only dumb / lazy people getting their account stolen. Hence my post.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
However if it's the same crap that happened in Rift where they gained access to login credentials on Trions server I'm pretty boofed.
If it's the same issue then my opinion of TRION will drop to zero. I let them slide on the last time but letting it happen twice is amatuer BS.

It's most likely the usual suspects though.