Archeage

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Is there anything resembling a Monk? I was fooling around some with a healer build on the russian server and a Ranger on Beta so far, but would love to play something monk-like.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is there anything resembling a Monk? I was fooling around some with a healer build on the russian server and a Ranger on Beta so far, but would love to play something monk-like.
My paladin (battle/def/vit)pre patch worked a lot like a monk. 2h Staff with combat and healing hybrid. Good dmg output, tankiness and healing with staff. But with the changes to staves and maces (making maces the healing standard) this changes a bit.

Sadly quite a few builds were killed with the change. Monk healing/dmg hybrid is doubtfully viable now unless they hybridize weapons (spear w/ +spirit etc.)

Definitely less enthused about AA after this went through. Feel pretty pidgeon holed when theorycrafting classes on the side.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Getting a real bad MMO Itch recently and I've heard a lot of good information about AA from the people here. Is it worth buying the game for the headstart? Think this game could be a keeper?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's worth getting. Tough to say if it's a keeper. Because it's a sandbox and community game a lot of it depends on that community. We're working hard to build a server full of top guilds who stay in these games for the long haul and I'm hoping that maximizes the longevity of this game for this community.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Getting a real bad MMO Itch recently and I've heard a lot of good information about AA from the people here. Is it worth buying the game for the headstart? Think this game could be a keeper?
Answer below!

screenshot0000_by_maddemon64-d7rg212.jpg

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
My paladin (battle/def/vit)pre patch worked a lot like a monk. 2h Staff with combat and healing hybrid. Good dmg output, tankiness and healing with staff. But with the changes to staves and maces (making maces the healing standard) this changes a bit.

Sadly quite a few builds were killed with the change. Monk healing/dmg hybrid is doubtfully viable now unless they hybridize weapons (spear w/ +spirit etc.)

Definitely less enthused about AA after this went through. Feel pretty pidgeon holed when theorycrafting classes on the side.
I'm with you on this one Vitality. The 1.2 patch just gutted any further interest I had in the game and only furthers my concerns as to whether or not Trion will constantly be hamstrung by XL Games when it comes to making changes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's odd is everyone knew 1.2 was coming and what it would do(ie seperating healing/magic hybrids). You can still do pretty well with healing/melee or magic/melee, one-hands have decent dps on them and can make melee moves still hit decently hard(ie shadowknight with a scepter, can still land 3-5k shield slams and bull rushes with higher end scepters). The main thing they seemed to want to change was healing/magic mixes.

Like vit, paladin still works. You can use a 2h club instead of staff or 1h club/shield. Do decent melee damage(obviously not as well as someone with pure melee in mind) and have the healing from the weapon. Majority of healing comes from the weapon, same with melee dps. Then it's a matter of do for armor/stats. Could go plate/spirit or just go full tank plat/stam/str and get just healing from weapon or maybe even cloth with stam/spirit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What's odd is everyone knew 1.2 was coming and what it would do(ie seperating healing/magic hybrids). You can still do pretty well with healing/melee or magic/melee, one-hands have decent dps on them and can make melee moves still hit decently hard(ie shadowknight with a scepter, can still land 3-5k shield slams and bull rushes with higher end scepters). The main thing they seemed to want to change was healing/magic mixes.

Like vit, paladin still works. You can use a 2h club instead of staff or 1h club/shield. Do decent melee damage(obviously not as well as someone with pure melee in mind) and have the healing from the weapon. Majority of healing comes from the weapon, same with melee dps. Then it's a matter of do for armor/stats. Could go plate/spirit or just go full tank plat/stam/str and get just healing from weapon or maybe even cloth with stam/spirit.
Idk man, I've never been a hammer/mace user for very long in games. Cleric in EQ maybe, even then it was a flail so it was pretty cool looking. Hammer/Mace is just ug-ug-ugly. That stuff matters to me sometimes.

Maybe I'm just being a super-taster with it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, I really wish they would've allowed me to upgrade from silver to gold. That glider looks fucking awesome.

12:23

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Idk man, I've never been a hammer/mace user for very long in games. Cleric in EQ maybe, even then it was a flail so it was pretty cool looking. Hammer/Mace is just ug-ug-ugly. That stuff matters to me sometimes.

Nah I feel ya brah. Playing a Healer in Archeage looks nice gameplay wise but this whole "cloth + 1h club / shield" stuff doesn't feel right. Also regarding 1.2 changes they should really spice up classes with +heal on other weapons than retarded clubs. I want to be a staff wizard, not a seal clubber.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Probably going to pass on this one. Just no time for a MMO at the moment. Anyone interested in buying a founders account?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I do agree they(clubs) look ugly. I am hoping they let you just skin a scepter look to a club, if ever. Not sure you can do it atm, think it has to be same type for both.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else have to redownload the client recently?
No, if you have up to date alpha client just switch folders.

Alpha testers,

We've just announced that Closed Beta invitations are being sent to the ArcheAge community. To save yourself some downloading, you can copy your up-to-date Alpha folder to your Beta folder!

Make sure that you have updated Alpha today!
Find the folder where you have AA Alpha installed. It should be "<something>\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Alpha". You can check in your Glyph Settings
You'll only have to download the latest 800mb patch.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .

There were quite a few undocumented changes that weren't necessarily related to class balance such as a sweeping change to vendor sold items and material costs. It's silly to expect that things wouldn't change, to that I definitely agree, but nebulous patch notes that don't really outline what and why don't help digest those changes.