Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still don't understand their hesitance. They have months of alpha data as well as 4 beta events. Not sure what another 4 days is going to tell them. Not only that, but they've got the Korean and Russian servers that already have a change to the drops rates for reference. I don't know why they just don't go with the 1.7 drop rates and be done with it?

It's bizarre decisions like this that worry me. They've got a good game that's already got plenty of live testing in other countries and it seems like they're stepping on their own dicks trying to "Westernize." Unfortunately all the changes seem to be shit no one actually asked for or wanted.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They have the ability to change data like that rapidly, yet they haven't done a single time since 1.2 hit a few months back...you know to test it.
smile.png

I spent my $150, I played a lot in alpha, and enjoyed my time in the game. I will play release because I have it...but if I hadn't I am not sure I would buy it today.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did all of them crash? That's pretty crazy for a Thursday in September during open beta. If that's the case, then yeah, servers are fucked next week when everyone takes off work.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about an Archeum Founder account? I'm not going to have time to play, so I figure might as well sell the account.
As tempting as that is, I'm just not comfortable paying for an account that can be yanked back by the original owner so easily.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Bondurant;822250 said:
-

- Open Beta servers will be Head Start servers, they will open servers based on traffic because Warhammer Online release didn't teach anyone anything.

explain this to me? open beta is today, headstart is the 12th?

So can we get like a SUPER DUPER head start if we go on open beta now?!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope its not dos attack. Dos protection is pretty standard issue these days I thought on servers?
Considering sony, bizzard and others sti get affects by them, I guess not.

Why do people bother to do this, and why hasn't the internet found a way to stop it?
Boredom? Only thing I can think of for someone to want to ddos game services.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The 6 Open Beta servers will be the same servers for Head Start. No new servers.
so does that mean.... what we start now we will have once headstart kicks in? and same for people who don't have headstart, are they gonna continue from their open beta toon when the game is released? I haven't played in a few weeks game really shows its flaws at end game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so does that mean.... what we start now we will have once headstart kicks in? and same for people who don't have headstart, are they gonna continue from their open beta toon when the game is released? I haven't played in a few weeks game really shows its flaws at end game.
Everything is wiped after OB>

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wipe is still after open beta, just like almost every game before this. Servers start from scratch at head start, but the names will be the same as what we have now.