Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
Looks like a good portion of the land areas are almost fully claimed by people who opened daru chests and got enough gildas for houses.

People just got a bunch of gildas via chests and mailed house designs to friends who immediately swam to the popular housing areas at level 1.

ultimate lol

#notp2w

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hearing lots of issues about mobs not spawning too, for the green quests. So anyone who had those done already has a distinct advantage since everyone else will be stuck.

ArcheAge Head Start Known Issues

Greetings Founders!

We've determined two known issues with Head Start. Some Founders haven't been granted their Patron status, placing them in the general queue instead of the priority queue and having gameplay impacts as well. Additionally, some players have also not received their Founder's Pack perks.

The whole team here is working to resolve these problems as quickly as possible. This forum thread will be updated as this issue is addressed.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like a good portion of the land areas are almost fully claimed by people who opened daru chests and got enough gildas for houses.

People just got a bunch of gildas via chests and mailed house designs to friends who immediately swam to the popular housing areas at level 1.

ultimate lol

#notp2w
Don't you need to be level 10 to claim land?

Got through my hour long queue only to stare at a black screen after skipping the cinematic. Gave it 5 minutes that force closed and now I have a 2 hour wait in the general queue even though I've got my patron status this time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I didn't mention "at launch". There's no good solution for dealing with launch crush that doesn't endeavor spending money that is ultimately going to go to waste. SWTOR is a REALLY good example of this problem. They spun up like a dozen more servers to handle the load. Then a year later they were consolidating everything into like 10 total servers.

Best I could come up with is a dynamic solution that scales available servers based on need but even that has its own issues, not the least of which is housing all your hardware in a place that supports that sort of dynamic environment. Given that Trion has been around for a bit, they're likely set for hardware housing and may not have had that option available. So again it comes back to two choices. One: Burn money on hardware that won't be needed within a month or two. Two: Do your best to handle launch crush with what you have while being confident that it'll be enough down the road when the fervor dies out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only solution to launch crush is to make a game good enough that it keeps attracting people after the first week.

Sev_sl

shitlord
I tip my hat to those still going through launch fever
smile.png
I've learnt to say "fuck it" and give it a week. Pre-ordered etc.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Queues don't matter when you're bottlenecked at a spawn point for 2 hours. I might as well not have even logged in today at the rate this is going.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Ten minutes in, it fuckin dc's me and I'm back in a 1.5k general queue. #nope.

Menion_sl

shitlord
So glad I decided to skip this title. Allthough I do feel stupid for wasting 150 bucks on an Archeum pack when I was already in Alpha and not using it!

Saban_sl

shitlord
Really enjoyed the quest to pick up 3 items on the ground when there was only like 6 spawn points and about 10 people per spawn point.