Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
So quest grinding is getting incredibly boring and i'm only level 15. The trade/pvp aspect is what intrigues me the most, is it possible to hit level 50 solely through crafting and tradeskills?
Yep, just buy a vocational tonic to double the xp gained from labor.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yep, just buy a vocational tonic to double the xp gained from labor.
And when you run out of labor in a hour, log off for the night! Or buy a labor pot, and do it again!

Yes, you can level up without questing, but labor is going to be a huge bottleneck, and even then, you can only get so far. You'll have to dump a lot of money on the cash shop, and you'll still be very far behind everyone.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can get pretty close to 5 levels with a vocational tonic + workers comp potion. Pretty sizable for a full labor pool.

If you've got any decent gold or mushrooms/ore/stone/wood/archeum on the market selling you can pickup these pots on the cheap (7-12g ea) depending on the time of day.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I assume that's with producing things, not gathering? I mined for an hour last night in glitterstone, with a pot, got about 1.25-1.5 levels out of it at early 30s. I didn't have much downtime either. But that's a far cry from 5 levels, either way. I found it fun though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I assume that's with producing things, not gathering? I mined for an hour last night in glitterstone, with a pot, got about 1.25-1.5 levels out of it at early 30s. I didn't have much downtime either. But that's a far cry from 5 levels, either way. I found it fun though.
Mining has too much downtime to maximize your vocational pot usage. Especially considering that you likely have competition sniping half the nodes or more.

I'd probably be willing to bet harvesting mushrooms and making medicinal powder from them then turning them into pots, on a large scale probably comes close to "potato leveling". Tricky part here is farm size + travel time to alchemy table.

Potato leveling is the absolute worst for getting gold from your labor.

Farming mushrooms (which fetch 3g/100 on the regular) probably is the most
well rounded method considering 300 mushrooms pretty much buys you a vocational potion.

I'll test potato leveling when I beat the queue boss. Best part about potato leveling is you can run a lengthy G15 (auto-hotkey) macro making the whole thing a 1 button ordeal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alchemy, and thereby mushrooms, pisses me off. I received over 1000 medicinal powder yesterday from the guild, and it only is enough to burn through about 400 labor -- which means 400 skill points. That's retarded. The bulk of my alchemy skill has come from breaking down archeum. It's a huge waste of resources, but it's the only reliable way I've found to actually skill up.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most of the population cheesed the fuck out of the land grab with the founder chest gilda stars within the first couple hours of the game. Pretty underwhelming really. Especially for those of us that didn't get our founder items until the second day due to backlog.
you mean my friends and I arnt supposed to own 32 houses over 6 people? go figure.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The PRX TeamSpeak was pretty miserable at times over the weekend. Some people kept bitching and bitching. Some of them got dicked over pretty bad with crashing, no patron status, no founders items, etc - they have every right to be pissed. But unless you're going to get a refund, just deal with it. It's a MMO launch, and it sucks, but the software industry is still terrible (I know because I'm part of it). And if you ARE going to get a refund, then go get it, and quit bitching.
I just realized this morning that I don't have any of my founders items.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what's the queue's looking like for patrons at this point? I just wanted to try it out a bit after launch for free, but I queued last night on Kyrios at about 5pm and didn't get in at all, was still in queue when I went to bed at 1am. I at some point got in and got disconnected for being afk I assume. Then this morning I requeued at about 11am, and am now 662 in queue at 5:52pm. I really don't want to sub until I know if I want to play this for a month, but 3/4 a day queues are nuts. I assume once I get in though I can just not log off and be alright hopefully.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Their cash shop is a mess as well. I attempted to buy some Gold, to purchase 30 day founder, and try my hand at crafting. Didn't work at all, kept crashing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So what's the queue's looking like for patrons at this point? I just wanted to try it out a bit after launch for free, but I queued last night on Kyrios at about 5pm and didn't get in at all, was still in queue when I went to bed at 1am. I at some point got in and got disconnected for being afk I assume. Then this morning I requeued at about 11am, and am now 662 in queue at 5:52pm. I really don't want to sub until I know if I want to play this for a month, but 3/4 a day queues are nuts. I assume once I get in though I can just not log off and be alright hopefully.
I'm in a 2400 person queue, last time I was in an 1800 person queue and it lasted the better half of 3 hours which means I'm looking at atleast 4 hours if not longer since f2p people are considered patrons still.

I'm just gonna hop in queue then go to the Bowling Alley, silly game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The queues are getting a bit ridiculous, and as far as I know, they haven't responded to them (outside of something from Scrapes saying that during prime time they are 1-2 hours). I shouldn't have to start up the game 5 hours before I get off work (as a patron) so that I can have a hope of actually playing when I get home.

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Sorry to post this here, but with the amount of us "trying" to play this game I know someone has to have a better answer than Trion for this! lol My buddy can't be in game for more than 2-5 mins max before he hard locks, or sometimes he can even hear the game in the background but has a blue or green screen, (Not BSOD) just a single color blank screen and has to reboot his system and try again, as you know back in queue he goes! I have had him do all the usual, new drivers, flipflop DX versions, dumb down graphics, nothing helps. He can load the game, he can make a character for like an hour, but can't play to save his life. *Discalimer he's a gamer, plays everything like the rest of us, this has not and does not happen in any other game (so far lol)*

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Opimo_sl

shitlord
The queues are getting a bit ridiculous, and as far as I know, they haven't responded to them (outside of something from Scrapes saying that during prime time they are 1-2 hours). I shouldn't have to start up the game 5 hours before I get off work (as a patron) so that I can have a hope of actually playing when I get home.
I'm going to start remoting into my machine at home from work to start my queue before I get home.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm going to start remoting into my machine at home from work to start my queue before I get home.
Shit didn't work for me today. Got home with a "You have been disconnected by the gods" message. So basically, I probably won't be playing today. Shit needs to be fixed in a hurry. 6 days of queues now (and the first set screwing me out of land) and they're just getting worse. I'm starting to get the urge to stop playing just so I don't get addicted to something I can't play.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Downloaded to check it out and see every server has a 3200+ queue. Promptly shut it down.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alchemy, and thereby mushrooms, pisses me off. I received over 1000 medicinal powder yesterday from the guild, and it only is enough to burn through about 400 labor -- which means 400 skill points. That's retarded. The bulk of my alchemy skill has come from breaking down archeum. It's a huge waste of resources, but it's the only reliable way I've found to actually skill up.
Use starlight, its cheap compared to the others(3-4g for a crystal) and do that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep seeing people say that they don't want Trion to open more servers because those will end up dead in a few months, but at this rate Trion is essentially driving people off in massive numbers. If they don't open more servers in the next few days, I'm pretty sure people will just move onto the next game. Had I not paid for this shit already, I'd just quit at this point.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
managed to get in with no queue yesterday at launch, got my mount, made a daggerspell, all in all pretty happy. logged in at 1 pm et today remote from work and i just got home and am #269 with >1 hour wait. hasn't moved in 15 min or so. not complaining cause i'm f2p but does seem a tad silly. how much money are they losing?