Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No idea! I don't even know if people fought over it or just tried playing the lottery to see if they could get it first.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea! I don't even know if people fought over it or just tried playing the lottery to see if they could get it first.
>Nuia Alliance Controlled Zone

You can't really fight over it, just bind your 16x16 and spam your key when the house starts to burn.

Welp, I picked up my farm on the temporary land in hopes to get a permanent spot but after Tuco's pics and some of my own scouting I'm thinking it's not too bad...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1m wait on Friday evening. I can't get over how trivial the queue problems were to solve.
>Nuia Alliance Controlled Zone

You can't really fight over it, just bind your 16x16 and spam your key when the house starts to burn.
Yeah good point.

Caliane

can you only put houses in set houseing areas? or can you put them anywhere like planting?
Found a pretty cool hidden area in tigerspine.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pro tip, you dont need to stand by the house. Just walk up, put your house down then run away and spam clicks from miles away where noones going to kill you.

also you dont need an alchemist to repair a rowboat. you can buy the item for cheap off a general merchant. any boats bigger than a rowboat does require the crafted ones though.

Themoreyouknow.jpg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- You can still avoid AFK Timer by sitting in courthouses or hitting dummies.

- There are daily quests to lower infamy by -30 at a time. It's cheaper and takes less time to buy -100 pots from AH / cash shop.

- Going full plate as a dedicated tank is dumb, no magic def versus Hasla geared casters.

- Farm the AH, buy low during morning and sell high during evening.

- Right now planting trees is the way to go if you want lazy / solid daily income.

- Quests / GHA gear is decent until you can craft level 44 (Illustrious) or 50 (Magnificent) gear.

- Gear leveling / upgrading requires colossal farming, you need to proc the right stuff to only have a chance to upgrade it.

- Hasla weapons are OP, get them, right now it's Best In Slot until you reach T3-4 in crafting.

- Jury duty cloak is +7 all stats, if you can avoid doing PK get it, or get the 3k honor cloak.

- Necklace / earrings / rings are cheap on AH, get them, it's better than having nothing.

- Farming level 44 / 50 armor / weapons gear is expensive, if you have money farm mats and buy Moonlight stuff from AH.

- PvP matters if you focus around tradepack runs. They gives gildas, gold and mandatory mats. Definitely not a waste of time.

- Scamming is allowed. Check your guild policy though.

- Having that weird 2-5 minutes check when launching Archeage (game stops loading after 2-3 words of Nuia poem) ? Exclude Glyph folder from Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials.

Cybsled

You just have to exclude the game_pak file. That is what causes the hard drive to go nuts.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I noticed the defender thing a few days ago, thought I was losing my mind. I made an exclusion and it just seemed to ignore it so I just turn the goddamn thing off while I play.

Also over the weekend the game started running worse than vanguard and I was too afraid to fiddle with it or I'd end up in queue land (took 13 hours to get in). Eventually I figured out it was paging, chrome was eating 6 of my 8 gigs. I have no idea how that was even possible.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am going to end up a pirate at this rate if people with higher proficiency keep taking my veins while I am already mining them. They get 3 warnings before I log on my main and proceed to camp them until they leave the area.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been getting crazy infamy and crime points from killing same factions in Hasla. I'll probably be going to trial soon.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Someone give me a list of builds. I haven't looked at anything since alpha and I'm gonna try to give this a spin this weekend.

What's op with witch craft or an op warrior priest build?

sebur

Bronze Squire
Someone give me a list of builds. I haven't looked at anything since alpha and I'm gonna try to give this a spin this weekend.

What's op with witch craft or an op warrior priest build?
Lot of stuff OP with witchcraft due to its CC ability. Daggerspell is a caster one. I hear Templar is a good tanky/heal build.

Cybsled

I use avast, would it be doing the same thing? i excluded the glyph folder to see what it does when i restart later.
Depends, but the problem is that the AV software tries to unpack game_pak, which is the giant ass file that contains all the compressed game data. So basically it is trying to make a temp file that ends up being like 20 gigs. That is the only file causing the issue.

Radge_sl

shitlord
1m wait on Friday evening. I can't get over how trivial the queue problems were to solve.

Yeah good point.
Sadly, that wait time is only true for Patrons. Non-patron queue is currently 1000+ with a estimated 45 minute wait.

I personally don't mind too much (not like I'm paying for the game...yet), but I worry it might deter new people who just want to test the game to see how they like it. We'll see.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
so my pirate daily have sent me to auroria 3days in a row.. getting myself stunned and teleported back when i get to close.. a pirats life for me!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
so my pirate daily have sent me to auroria 3days in a row.. getting myself stunned and teleported back when i get to close.. a pirats life for me!
when you die on land do you get ridiculous jail time? Someone was talking about that today and seems like a terrible limitation to something with minimal gains already.