Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah well, I'm on a shitty server community wise right now, all the fatcat guilds decided to call some kind of universal truce for Auroria, letting rushers take castles and wait for sieges to happen. I'm still having fun in Archeage, doing skirmishes over tradepacks / ships, but at the moment Eu-Dahuta, which was supposed to be theMax PvP Conflictserver, is basically a pve rush carebear clusterfuck where only a few guilds actually play the game. I'm robbing people on a daily basis, PKing people, stealing tradepacks and fish, but nowadays most of the time they stick to safe zones. Archeage would have been a nice game back in ye olde days, too bad these days most people don't give a flying fuck about PvP unless you have instanced zones where people tag on in to actually do some PvP with minimum loss.

TL;DR bad server choice.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A almost dead server would be a good place to have a fishing alt(if on the same AH cluster as main).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, wolves vs sheep is a pretty well-known metaphor in PvP games. Everyone likes being the action hero(/murderer), nobody likes being the victim.
And I think most of the times like the wolf vs sheeps analogy, there are few wolves for many sheeps. Essentially few winners and tons of losers...and it's always the same people who wins and always the same who loses. That's kinda normal really, skill level, and dedication is different for each people...but still doesn't make it suck any less.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And I think most of the times like the wolf vs sheeps analogy, there are few wolves for many sheeps. Essentially few winners and tons of losers...and it's always the same people who wins and always the same who loses. That's kinda normal really, skill level, and dedication is different for each people...but still doesn't make it suck any less.
Would it help if they got a participation trophy?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
If it was 10% chance one of your non bound items can be looted by the attacker, then we would see some tears
smile.png

Cybsled

Removed vehicle designs from the Honor Points Vendor and Vocation Badge Vendor for rebalancing the cars before reintroducing the designs. Players who had already purchased these designs will keep them but these cars cannot be crafted until they are reintroduced to the game.
Rebalancing??? Wtf is there to rebalance? I hope they don't mean nerf, because at 8 fucking TS trees + other expensive stuff, they are already more of a status symbol than an actual legit means of pack transport.

If it was 10% chance one of your non bound items can be looted by the attacker, then we would see even more hacking
FTFY

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
Mind expounding on this statement? I'm pretty new and crafting my way up to make some armor. Currently in just hasla quest gear @ 50.
Hasla armor is a start, but we're at the stage where Epherium weapons are becoming more prevalent. Illustrious/GHA has been the entry level for PvP, but with more high grade weapons becoming available, armor has to upgrade as well (Illustrious/GHA will no longer cut it). Now we're going to have even more weapons available thanks to Hasla, where you just have to grind out x tokens and fork over some Gilda Dust.

In other news, excerpts of TWO's recent guild meeting has been making the rounds. I've been dying of laughter all day.
We dont negotiate with terrorists - YouTube

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Would it help if they got a participation trophy?
No, nothing really will. That's why those people don't give a fuck about PVP, I think they are the vast majority of gamers today, especially in North America where gaming is just a hobby which is why PVP will always take a back seat, or be a niche product.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rebalanced the flight properties of Ezi's Glider, Moonshadow Glider, Thunderbolt Glider, Red Dragon Glider, and Feathered Dragon Glider to match the Ultimate Glider. This is prevent any one glider from being the overwhelmingly best option in almost all cases due to combination of flight properties and abilities. These gliders are now differentiated by their unique abilities which have not been changed.
Why does Trion hate unique stuff? First the mounts, and now this? What in the fuck? Why would anyone bother spending the absolutely retarded amount of resources (100 glowing prisms) for something the same as an Ultimate Glider?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah well, I'm on a shitty server community wise right now, all the fatcat guilds decided to call some kind of universal truce for Auroria, letting rushers take castles and wait for sieges to happen. I'm still having fun in Archeage, doing skirmishes over tradepacks / ships, but at the moment Eu-Dahuta, which was supposed to be theMax PvP Conflictserver, is basically a pve rush carebear clusterfuck where only a few guilds actually play the game. I'm robbing people on a daily basis, PKing people, stealing tradepacks and fish, but nowadays most of the time they stick to safe zones. Archeage would have been a nice game back in ye olde days, too bad these days most people don't give a flying fuck about PvP unless you have instanced zones where people tag on in to actually do some PvP with minimum loss.

TL;DR bad server choice.
I'm starting to believe most servers are like this currently.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why does Trion hate unique stuff? First the mounts, and now this? What in the fuck? Why would anyone bother spending the absolutely retarded amount of resources (100 glowing prisms) for something the same as an Ultimate Glider?
I am 50/50. I like unique stuff, but I also understand turning everything into cosmetic/ability choice and not "well it goes the fastest so I have to pick that one". It's too bad they have almost no control, otherwise I would say keep changes like that in but lower the cost of the stuff(gilda, mats, gold etc).

No, nothing really will. That's why those people don't give a fuck about PVP, I think they are the vast majority of gamers today, especially in North America where gaming is just a hobby which is why PVP will always take a back seat, or be a niche product.
Unfortunately so true. I don't think you will see a UO style game ever again. Closest we got was EVE but that also incorporated entire world into 1 server(correct me if I am wrong). People just do not want to lose weeks or months of work to some random pvp(even if it is a good 1v1 fight, however rare those are). The old timers that played that style of game just don't have the dedication they used to(mostly) and the new generation would cry up a storm over something like that.

Cybsled

This is what worries me about their comment on "rebalancing" the cars. I wouldn't be half surprised if they slowed them down a shitload so they are barely better than farm carts, yet kept the mat cost to craft identical.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't think you will see a UO style game ever again. Closest we got was EVE but...People just do not want to lose weeks or months of workto some random pvp(even if it is a good 1v1 fight, however rare those are). The old timers that played that style of game just don't have the dedication they used to(mostly) and the new generation would cry up a storm over something like that.
Bolded the important part. If you died in UO and lost your kit it would be about equivalent to dying in t1 frigs in EVE. It took almost no effort to get re-geared, just a quick trip to your favorite nearby vendor to buy a couple things that you could farm the gold for in less than 10 minutes and boom, you were your old self again. Then you have EVE where you can lose that ship that took you 3 months to save up for (which everyone will tell you you shouldn't be flying) and get mad. You don't think the same would happen in games like this?

Oh, you died in PVP. Say goodbye to that 1:10000 chance rng set you were wearing that took you 277 hours to put together and roll properly. Thanks for playing!

Saban_sl

shitlord
Darkfall came pretty close, didn't take too long to regear after losing all your shit. But it had an endless list of problems to go with it.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bolded the important part. If you died in UO and lost your kit it would be about equivalent to dying in t1 frigs in EVE. It took almost no effort to get re-geared, just a quick trip to your favorite nearby vendor to buy a couple things that you could farm the gold for in less than 10 minutes and boom, you were your old self again.
The downside to this was that most people put their good gear in the bank and never dared to use it. On the plus side this made for more balanced PvP, on the minus side it made gear little more than a PK-tax. After all, what point was there getting that Supremely Accurate Heavy Crossbow of Vanquishing if you just put it in the bank?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You wouldn't even need to gear lootable to add a ton of PvP to this game, if all you did was:

1. Make fishing spots have limited resources such that only ~20 people could fish there at one time, while increasing the value of fish somewhat.
2. Make intercontinental shipping give much more gold than intracontinental shipping. Also make the areas around docks a safe zone because PvP around guards and near docks is shit.
3. Remove any semblance of crime in open waters.

You'd dramatically increase the amount of PvP. You'd never be able to get home from work, play the game for a few hours and end up with much less than when you started (unless you were transporting a massive number of packs), but you'd always be weighing risk vs reward in your gameplay.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm starting to believe most servers are like this currently.
Can confirm Ezi is currently this way. Thinking about just joining up with the asshats just to add some spice to the time I spend playing.

Picked up a striped yata today and decided to keep it; waiting until I can birth a Black Yata and then it's Thunderstruck farming all day.

I swear, the market for certain goods is just so fucked it boggles the mind; stone bricks are 20s yet hereafter are only 25s? Don't get me wrong, it makes for an everyday cheap commodity, but you'd think even the most basic logic / arithmetic would kick in and make people realize "oh wow, this is stupid".

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm completely with you on #3. I like that sea is a 24/hr PvP zone but the incentive to do more then fuck with fishing raids has plummeted since launch. I don't think PRX has done a large sea raid to jump merchant ships and steal their stuff in a long while.