Archer

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
The premiere seemed to explain why it was moved to FXX. Hopefully it picks up an/or returns to humorous (Rick and Morty, on the other hand, was great).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought it was good.

They're going for a vibe more than yuks. And the humor was there. It was a lot of subversion of expectation. It wasn't bellychortles, but it was still worth the time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The premiere seemed to explain why it was moved to FXX. Hopefully it picks up an/or returns to humorous (Rick and Morty, on the other hand, was great).

Sunny is on FXX, not sure what your implication is here.

Binks

While Always Funny has few, rare, moments; FXX isn't the flagship of the network. It seems to be relegated to shows with cult followings, shows being put out to pasture, and shows that have some possibility but lack support and need to prove themselves. Some people, depending on provider, don't have access to FXX, which one might think inappropriate if the show was a flagship.

Quasi-related: ‘Archer’ Moving to FXX for Season 8 and Beyond

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
While Always Funny has few, rare, moments; FXX isn't the flagship of the network. It seems to be relegated to shows with cult followings, shows being put out to pasture, and shows that have some possibility but lack support and need to prove themselves. Some people, depending on provider, don't have access to FXX, which one might think inappropriate if the show was a flagship.

Quasi-related: ‘Archer’ Moving to FXX for Season 8 and Beyond

Shows like Sunny and Archer are on FXX in order to get more people to watch FXX, not because they're dying.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

Really tired of them trying to reinvent the show every fucking season.

Binks

The balance seems off. Not serious enough to be taken seriously. Not funny enough to be taken as a comedy. Comes off as muddy with somewhat subtle/amusing allusions to earlier seasons. Was the dead body tampon Jane? Don't tell me it was Tiffy :( If it was neither, then it was a wasted moment.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

Really tired of them trying to reinvent the show every fucking season.

Yeah, but it would die even quicker if they didn't. Without doing topical humor they'll run out of "Archer is a witty acoholic whose hero is Burt Reynolds" gags. They kinda ran out of them by season 3.

It would probably be best to wait and binge the entire season in two nights.

Binks

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure if this is the right description for the last episode but it felt sort of preachy with no humor behind it. It was like they tried to redo the M.A.S.H. discussion from a season or two back a couple times in the episode but forgot to put in any actual jokes or funny observations.

Binks

It's all relative. But, I found the 3rd episode of this season slightly more amusing/cohesive than what has been presented thus far this season. It has Wendell Pierce. The racial commentary, for the times, was mildly amusing. The episode also seemed to strike a better balance between seriousness and humor. I also enjoyed the running gag of Chinese sister wives. Charlotte was better utilized:

1200.jpg

Oh, by better, I don't mean great. I mean a slight incremental gain beyond what has been presented thus far this season.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Does this show even have a future anymore?

I was kinda done with it by the time they started recycling all the same jokes in Season 4. Was willing to give it another chance in Season 5 (was disappointed), Season 6 was kinda OK, grudgingly came for Season 7 (alright, not great) and now it just feels like a low point altogether for the whole series.

What would you do to get this show back on track?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The vice season was by far the worst. Just terrible. I've enjoyed this one enough so far.

iannis

Musty Nester
How? How?!?

Skinny Pam was tits. Them doing all the coke that they were supposed to sell was funny. That season was great.

1-3 are obviously the high point though. That's where you get all of your Raunchy Austin Powers erections. Pirate Island was also pretty damn funny. I don't mind this season so far. I really don't. But it ain't the same thing as S1-3. It ain't even close. It doesn't deliver the laughs. But recycling the same "phrasing!" wouldn't deliver them either. All they can do with that is, "no. You expect it. I'm not doing it. I'm not your monkey." Which they specifically did. And that's not funny, but it's amusing, and thumbs up.

Most of those laughs came from the characterization though. The well is dry, and I really do prefer what they're doing to them trying to get into topical humor. Political Archer would be fucking horrible. They could keep adding and subtracting characters. That's how the simpsons did it. But they're going this way with it. Kinda surrealist with a thread of running gags and variations on characterizations.

It's not their strongest season. No, it is not that. But it's still not unwatchable yet. For me. I can see how people would be disappointed.

RICK AND MORTY BITCHES!

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I hated the vice season because "Pam doing coke" was the primary joke in every episode. It got really annoying. I get that this show repeats jokes (four?) - that's part of the whole thing, but they overdid it that season. Even for this show.

Binks

I agree. I liked it, initially, but then it became increasingly annoying. Like an actual addiction. Perhaps that was the meta-point?

archer-vice-southbound-and-down-gif-five.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Shit, it changed channels? I guess that explains why my DVR didn't record it. i guess that also means when I finally switch it to only record new episodes, it's still gunna get all the fucking reruns that are being played.