Archer

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is leaving Netflix mid march. Ive been watching S7 but it isnt very good.

The last few seasons have been pretty lame. None of the characters have really progressed in any way so they just keep doing the same jokes in different situations and it's pretty boring.

Sterling

El Presidente
The last few seasons have been pretty lame. None of the characters have really progressed in any way so they just keep doing the same jokes in different situations and it's pretty boring.
People complained when they were trying new things, then people complain when they go back to certain things. Whatever you want to say about how the show currently is, the first 2 seasons are some of the best television ever.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the first couple seasons are great. The problem is that the characters are all extremely shallow so it's hard to keep writing stories that don't just get to be the same thing over and over. I'm not saying it would make the show better if they were all complex characters with emotions and relationships and shit, but the concept, while great, is limited and I think it's been fucked out for a while now. That said, I will still watch the new season and resist the urge to get on the thread bitching after every episode.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Danger Island - holy shit this first episode was bad. Not to mention grabbing bits and pieces from lots of prior episodes. Starting off with someone's newly married wife, accidentally putting the landing gear down on the plane.

They just need to end it. If the creators don't like the idea of writing spy stories anymore (as one interview I forget where talked about), then just end the series. Last season was decent, but not terribly watchable on random (too connected end to end imo). 1-6 were great (with 1-4 really being primo), 7 was decent, 8 meh, 9 so far sucks a goat.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Guessing the new setting for Archer is, at best, a riff on Inception and falling down another dream level. But, yah, I'm really disappointed with the last few seasons (present not starting too well).

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The way it just jumped into things I honestly thought I somehow skipped the first episode and this was the second. just no setup whatsoever for anything.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Danger Island is really really bad

They really need to end this show instead of milking it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, they had something good with the whole spy setting and then strayed from it and never learned their lesson. Seeing the same thing with the Supermansion premiere where they had a couple ideas that worked and keep trying to rehash them. Adult cartoons aren't MMOs you don't reset and reclear every god damn week, guys.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's difficult to end things well. I think if the current and last season were separate shows from Archer, I'd enjoy it more. But, being within the Archer-universe, the show sets expectations that it doesn't deliver and the characters in quasi-new-yet-familiar roles is a little jarring with minimal benefit.