Ark: Survival Evolved

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oldbased

> Than U
Is this worth getting on ps4?

PC isn't an option.
Not sure about the porting and function on console. I can tell you as far as survival games go it is the most feature complete of any ever made.
Thousands of mods on top of a game with over 1000 items you can craft,tame or obtain in a world with multiple maps including random generated that is both single, multi and host capable.
Even Rust while much better refined in graphics these days doesn't offer most of that.
It is the ultimate playground and even has a fast paced battleground side game as well that is few hours in and out.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Not sure about the porting and function on console. I can tell you as far as survival games go it is the most feature complete of any ever made.
Thousands of mods on top of a game with over 1000 items you can craft,tame or obtain in a world with multiple maps including random generated that is both single, multi and host capable.
Even Rust while much better refined in graphics these days doesn't offer most of that.
It is the ultimate playground and even has a fast paced battleground side game as well that is few hours in and out.
I'm mainly interested in the base building. I'm hoping for fallout 4, but better....and with frequent attacks on the base?

Also, can the ps4 load mods like the pc version?

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm mainly interested in the base building. I'm hoping for fallout 4, but better....and with frequent attacks on the base?

Also, can the ps4 load mods like the pc version?
Attacks on the base only occur if the angry dinos come close enough to want to eat you or your dinos. In single player mode you are the meat for half the species. You can tame about everything via various methods but obviously knocking out TRex's is tougher than a dung beetle. Some things like alphas will be pretty rough on your base alone though.
If you like the base building which default is pretty expanded but get the keeps and castle mod where you end up with about 30 textures and dark age type options for arches and windows and rounded walls.

Worse graphics but a voxel type world with great building is also 7 days to die if that is on console. You can alter the world in it instead of just building on it and everything is a battle to survive.
They got a large update coming this week to boot. Slower development though. Has detailed crafting, leveling of skills, exploration and every day is a fight but every 7 days is WTF I'm going to die type of thing.

Oldbased

> Than U
New DLC added today free. Massive map and it appears very well done. It's also a combo map much like the mods so it has Scorched Earth/Island/all biomes on one map and some special additional dinos/wyverns/worms as well.

Oldbased

> Than U
This game leaves early access on August 8th, for those who commented previously. Less than 2 months, they say many updates will follow but in launch.

Goonsquad Officer
Anyone playing Ark? Been playing with rl friends on a private pve server and having a good time. I'm pretty excited about the expansion. We may do a fresh naked server for it without so mucb xp boost

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A couple friends are trying to get me to play this on the PS4 on a PS4 Server. Thoughts?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
New ark expansion dropped yesterday - Abberation. Reviving the FOH server on a different host for hopefully better uptime. PVE server with increased rates and minimal mods;

Server Page:
Fires of Heaven - Abberation

Expansion Trailer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zarken

Trakanon Raider
Where's everyone been? Got some rock drakes and spinos ready to eat some faces. Also is this server going down sometime if so when? Wanna pull some guys for my local play before that.