Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will you stop with these one offs. That is not the norm. PLUS these guys are training 4-5+ hours a day with crazy diets, and MONEY spent that most of us here, nor even in power lifting circles guys don't care to spend to get to these levels. I almost guarantee that I am way stronger than everyone in this thread and most people in this thread know, and I find these numbers impressive that your rotund Asian guy is putting up regardless of weight. It's not a 1 to 1 correlation. Same with Lyrical. You're acting like pshhh...That's nothing. THIS is impressive, then show one of the strongest guys in the world based upon weight.

Using your logic...None of you at your 10% body fat are impressive. THIS is impressive!

You think Silent Mike is somehow a one-off? There's countless people pulling 700 with Mike's frame and bw. Lyrical himself has admitted he's been lifting over 20 years and has dabbled in illegal drugs. So no, sorry, I'm about as unimpressed as I could be. He just sounds like a fat guy who went to the gym for two decades. Why would I impressed by that?

Also I'm sorry Lyrical this is all coming off as a personal attack. You're just taking the brunt of my argument. I barely know you so it's truly not personal. Perhaps I'm just an asshole.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys for advice on training for the hike. Going to machu picchu yay.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Answer is 0, champ. What is 0 * 30lbs?

ps. you're a friggin' nerd
What? In Gravel Gravel 's hypothetical, he would maintain a constant acceleration at m and (m+30), since we assume for simplicity sake he will not gain any muscle for an easy compatison. So the force generated at m+30 would be greater.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What? In Gravel Gravel 's hypothetical, he would maintain a constant acceleration at m and (m+30), since we assume for simplicity sake he will not gain any muscle for an easy compatison. So the force generated at m+30 would be greater.
What kind of bonus to my bench would I get if I put a 45lbs plate on my gut before a big lift?

I still want to hear what Gravel is thinking because I might learn something about how the body utilizes fat content for muscle control or recuperation, but I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Not sure if you're being serious or not

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
What kind of bonus to my bench would I get if I put a 45lbs plate on my gut before a big lift?

I still want to hear what Gravel is thinking because I might learn something about how the body utilizes fat content for muscle control or recuperation, but I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
It would add nothing because the mass isn't being added anywhere or to the anatomical locations that are being used to generate the force? Stop being dense

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It would add nothing because the mass isn't being added anywhere or to the anatomical locations that are being used to generate the force? Stop being dense
OK, what if I threw on a couple 5lbs plates on my pecs, then wrapped a couple ankle weights around my triceps?

edit: Do you do your bench presses with a running start to boost the a in your F=ma?

• 1Cutler

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
OK, what if I threw on a couple 5lbs plates on my pecs, then wrapped a couple ankle weights around my triceps?

edit: Do you do your bench presses with a running start to boost the a in your F=ma?
Neither of those would add weight in a way to support the production of more force either. Do you not know basic anatonmy or the principles of basic machines?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Neither of those would add weight in a way to support the production of more force either. Do you not know basic anatonmy or the principles of basic machines?
Apparently fucking not. I always thought this guy who injected oil into his muscles was retarded, but how much gains did he get from injecting oil into his muscles?
186808-16.jpg

• 1Cutler

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Apparently fucking not. I always thought this guy who injected oil into his muscles was retarded, but how much gains did he get from injecting oil into his muscles?
186808-16.jpg
Zero because the injected oil doesn't support any anatonmy...

• 1Worf