Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

taebin

Same trailer, different park
You SHOULD essentially drop the weight to reduce risk of injury. People who complain about shit like that at a gym are prima donnas.
How about screaming when you lock out? Apparently that reduces the risk of injury too. Fucking prima donnas always hating on my viking yells when I'm yolking my 225's.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How about screaming when you lock out? Apparently that reduces the risk of injury too. Fucking prima donnas always hating on my viking yells when I'm yolking my 225's.
I've let out some yells, but really only when I'm at 95%+. Sometimes you just need to let that fucking air out.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I definitely used to yell or at least loudly grunt when I was lifting heavy. That being said I lifted at like 4:00am and it was usually the same 3-4 people at the gym.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Any good workout forums you guys frequent, getting back into it and kinda want to have an area to post / ask questions, mainly about supplements not really workout plans and such i know all that, but going through all the supps in what actually works / is worth it because alot of this shit is hella expensive, like 50$ for 10pouches of pre workout juice, thats kinda sick.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll tell you right now what works:

Protein
Creatine

That's it. That's all you need. Want to take fish oil and a multi to cover your micro bases? That's fine. Need aminos because you workout fasted? Go for it.

Other than that, just grab some protein powder if you have trouble hitting protein macros without it, and creatine. Other than that, just eat and sleep and you'll grow. Fuck supplements.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Protein
Creatine

That's it. That's all you need. Want to take fish oil and a multi to cover your micro bases? That's fine. Need aminos because you workout fasted? Go for it.

Other than that, just grab some protein powder if you have trouble hitting protein macros without it, and creatine. Other than that, just eat and sleep and you'll grow. Fuck supplements.
Spot on.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Dead-lifts are horrible for the back. Dead-lift and back-squats are the kings of testosterone generating exercise, but when they hurt you, you are really fucked.

I rarely see anyone getting injured from doing cleans or snatches, that is because if you miss a clean or a snatch, the weights comes down so fast that there is no time to injure yourself. For example if you miss a clean, the bar rolls down your chest without you been able to stop it. On snatch it either goes behind you, or in front of you and they take a minimal mount of time from failure point to hitting the ground. Dead-lift and back squats, you are holding the weight for such long periods of time, that injuries are more likely. And holding the weight down on a dead-lift is just asking to get a back injury.

Just don't do it, is not worth it. A back injury is the worst type of injury you can have. I actually avoid dead-lift and I focus a lot more on clean and snatches. Even when doing crossfit wods, I always drop the dead-lift. Fuck doing 21-15-9 at #225 and holding them down. Fuck that, the floor and the weights have no feelings.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're not going to ruin your back doing deadlifts... and stop fucking hyphenating it holy shit that irritates me.

Your chance of injury is just as high snapping weights at ridiculous speeds. It's all a matter of technique, and the truth is olympic lifts take FAR MORE technique than a deadlift or a low bar squat ever will.

Don't be retarded and you won't injure yourself. Round your back, lose tightness, or do deadlifts for reps and sure, you'll fuck yourself up. That's on you, though.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Olympics weight-lifting take much more technique, that is why they are safer. Any mistake on the technique will force you to drop the weight.
I personally think oly is very under-used as way to build leg musculature, and overall strength. I get to train with this guyLeo Hernandez (@leo_hernandez87) ??? Instagram photos and videosArnold Video:Instagramand he can squat over #500, it is fucking surreal for a guy that weights under #170

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Dead-lifts are horrible for the back. Dead-lift and back-squats are the kings of testosterone generating exercise, but when they hurt you, you are really fucked.

I rarely see anyone getting injured from doing cleans or snatches, that is because if you miss a clean or a snatch, the weights comes down so fast that there is no time to injure yourself. For example if you miss a clean, the bar rolls down your chest without you been able to stop it. On snatch it either goes behind you, or in front of you and they take a minimal mount of time from failure point to hitting the ground. Dead-lift and back squats, you are holding the weight for such long periods of time, that injuries are more likely. And holding the weight down on a dead-lift is just asking to get a back injury.

Just don't do it, is not worth it. A back injury is the worst type of injury you can have. I actually avoid dead-lift and I focus a lot more on clean and snatches. Even when doing crossfit wods, I always drop the dead-lift. Fuck doing 21-15-9 at #225 and holding them down. Fuck that, the floor and the weights have no feelings.
Holy shit avoid this post like the fucking plague.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

Protein
Creatine

sounds good all the pre workout / post workout extras are just junk and avoid them?

people rave over shit like white flood and other pre workout supps, but those are the only 2 i used to use creatine/protein shakes, with multi + fish oil.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit avoid this post like the fucking plague.
Sounds like someone just discovered Crossfit.

If you really want to take a preworkout, go buy 200mg caffeine pills, a giant bag of micronized creatine, and maybe something like beta alanine. It'll cost you about 1/3 of what the branded ones will.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
sounds good all the pre workout / post workout extras are just junk and avoid them?

people rave over shit like white flood and other pre workout supps, but those are the only 2 i used to use creatine/protein shakes, with multi + fish oil.
The pre-workout stuff is crap. It's just sugar and caffeine. Run the treadmill for 15 minutes, to get your heart pumping and blood flowing prior to working oout. You absolutely want a good amount of protein after your workout though. You will see little gains without protein. Bracket your workout with creatine and that is pretty much all you need. If your spending more than 50 bucks a month on creatine and protein, you are spending too much btw. Creatine is creatine. Find the cheapest and buy bulky. Protein, I personally use Body Fortress Whey Isolate. Tastes good, and it's like 35-40 bucks on Amazon. Usually lasts me about about 5-6 weeks.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started the Bulgarian method. Third day in and I'm already fucking so much more limber when it comes to squatting and benching.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to back off my accessory work eventually. Been doing back work every day.