Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Started the Bulgarian method. Third day in and I'm already fucking so much more limber when it comes to squatting and benching.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to back off my accessory work eventually. Been doing back work every day.
?????

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol it's fine. When you're only doing 4-6 reps in the 80%+ range, the volume is hardly taxing. My squat went from 315 to 365 in 2 months squatting 4-5 times a week. I'm now squatting every day.

It's more about training motor patterns and your CNS, not trying to build muscle.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'll tell you right now what works:

Protein
Creatine

That's it. That's all you need. Want to take fish oil and a multi to cover your micro bases? That's fine. Need aminos because you workout fasted? Go for it.

Other than that, just grab some protein powder if you have trouble hitting protein macros without it, and creatine. Other than that, just eat and sleep and you'll grow. Fuck supplements.
sounds good all the pre workout / post workout extras are just junk and avoid them?

people rave over shit like white flood and other pre workout supps, but those are the only 2 i used to use creatine/protein shakes, with multi + fish oil.

For creatine since i have crohn's (intestinal issues) i used micro dosing creatine last time i worked out, because it was easy on the stomach, didnt have all the GI issues regular creatine had, this is what i boughthttp://www.supplementwarehouse.com/v...FdcXHwodPS8JMw

Now how would you guys rate that stuff vs the creatine you would buy? i only consider it an option because the protein shakes already irritate my stomach and give me a hard time taking a shit and major stomach aches, so im trying to reduce the pounding im putting on my stomach.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some people need the stims, and really swear by products like Cannibal Ferox and Mr. Hyde. I don't, the only pre I take is amino energy on an empty stomach at 5 am lol. It has some caffeine in it, but it's mostly just an amino blend that keeps the hunger staved off for a few hours.

All post-workout supplements are bullshit.

As for that creatine, I'm not sure what you're asking. 750 mg of creatine isn't much, you'd need to take that multiple times per day unless you have a lot of steak in your diet I suppose.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Like I said above, buy the shit separately. I started doing it recently and I think it works way better. This is likely because I actually know what I'm taking, versus "proprietary blend."

Note that I've taken White Flood (I even have a Controlled Labs shirt ffs) and C4 for the last several years.

I went with:
5g servingAmazon.com: BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder (1 Kilogram): Health Personal Care
3gAmazon.com: BulkSupplements Pure Beta Alanine Powder (250 grams): Health Personal Care
And a 200mg caffeine pill

Mix it all up with some Kool-Aid. The beta alanine is probably completely unnecessary, to be honest. That said, for under $50 I've got damn near a year's worth, versus maybe 60 servings of something like White Flood.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've contemplated it, and the beta isn't necessary but who doesn't love some tingles?

I'd skip the caffeine personally. If anything I should probably just buy some pure aminos but I like the energy blend and bodybuilding was running a 30% off deal so I stocked up.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Alpha rush pro and fat burn x scam? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

And elite test 360, anyone try these? im stuck at 145 block because of my cronhn's issues, i cant pack in more food, i already do 3 weight gainer shakes a day, im lean and cut, but i want another 15pounds of muscle ideally.

at this point since ive hit a block im looking for that one extra supp to boost me, basically short of steroids ive been at this 145 road block for a couple months, i have hit 150-155 but it was just pure fat i put on, and my heaviest was 150 lean.

its like my stomach cant handle the food macro for over 150 because of the crohn's i supplement so much protein / carbs with shakes and thats not enough i need to pound more food or i guess do 5 shakes a day but still, but because of my crohn's i have zero body fat.

That creatine was 1 cup per 100pounds of body weight, thats why i asked, if micro dosing was not as effective as the regular creatine, and like i said the no "gi" issues associated with it, are great because my stomach issues already with the whey, just wanted to know if that type of creatine was as effective.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Alpha rush pro and fat burn x scam? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

And elite test 360, anyone try these? im stuck at 145 block because of my cronhn's issues, i cant pack in more food, i already do 3 weight gainer shakes a day, im lean and cut, but i want another 15pounds of muscle ideally.

at this point since ive hit a block im looking for that one extra supp to boost me, basically short of steroids ive been at this 145 road block for a couple months, i have hit 150-155 but it was just pure fat i put on, and my heaviest was 150 lean.

its like my stomach cant handle the food macro for over 150 because of the crohn's i supplement so much protein / carbs with shakes and thats not enough i need to pound more food or i guess do 5 shakes a day but still, but because of my crohn's i have zero body fat.

That creatine was 1 cup per 100pounds of body weight, thats why i asked, if micro dosing was not as effective as the regular creatine, and like i said the no "gi" issues associated with it, are great because my stomach issues already with the whey, just wanted to know if that type of creatine was as effective.
How tall are you and what does your physical activity look like; you work at a deli as I recall? What's your workout routine?

Log everything you eat in Myfitnesspal daily for a week then post the screenshots here.

I'd expect to see a sizable portion of eggs/chicken/milk every single day; it's good and cheap food. Literally every single person I've heard say "i can't gain weight" really sucks at diet and nutrition but because they're 90 IQ mongloids they want to blame other things. I'm sure there are added complexities to building a good diet with Crohn's but as I recall, you smoke and drink. My question to you: how hard, on a scale of 1-10, have you been trying over the last 6 months to train your body?

Flat out -- zero legal substances (other than food) will help you gain weight, youhaveto learn how to consume enough calories to build mass. I'm even doubtful steroids would help you -- I'm not sure if there has been much studies on malnourished Crohn's bodybuilders.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Steroids would definitely help him. They're not just anabolic, but anti-catabolic.

I do agree that he can gain muscle despite his Crohn's, though.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Steroids would definitely help him. They're not just anabolic, but anti-catabolic.

Haha, I guess "help" is a debatable term when it comes to "guy with Crohn's isn't eating enough to gain weight." I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that any 145lb man turning to steroidswithout doctor supervisionis, ultimately, not helping himself.

That being said; the huge majority of what we know about how compounds interact with the body come from men eating huge and training hard. I had a buddy swearing up and down that he can't gain weight (6'1 165), insisted he was eating 4k calories a day. When we logged his food for a week he averaged out to 2100 or so. He then proceeded to call the logs a lie and we haven't talked about it since. His diet was trash; all shitty carbs minimal protein. He'd eat 4k on one day then literally not eat and sleep all day a few days later. Same guy would eat 2k calories of oreos at midnight and suffer from insomnia, didn't think his diet influenced his sleep. Go figure.

Without knowing someone and reviewing their detailed food logs, my assumption when I hear ("I can't gain weight") is that the guy isn't trying hard enough. If Teck is eating 1200 calories of stupid shakes and then 400 calories of retard food, then its no wonder he can't gain weight. If he's eating 120g protein, 60g fat, and 500g carbs and has logs to prove it, then that might be something for a doctor to review. If he doesn't know what he's eating precisely because he hasn't logged it, then he isn't trying hard enough.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

That's only semi-true. Steroids with a shit dietwillhelp you put on muscle, but only marginally. It's one of the secrets about steroid use that people overlook; if your diet and workouts are shit, steroids aren't going to magically cure you. Now, there was a study done with sedentary steroid users where they put on more muscle than people with diet/exercise on point, but the problem is that it's not permanent. So unless you want to blast and cruise the rest of your life, you're basically getting about 2 months out of a cycle where you'll put on weight. As soon as the cycle ends, the weight is going to drop back off.

I was 130-135 until I was about 25 years old. I'll echo what Eidal said. People think they eat WAY more than they really do. I hear it all the time. When those people actually track their calories (I was one of them), they're shocked at how little they actually were.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Leo Hernandez representing the USA just placed 4th overall in the Olympic Weightlifting Grand Prix in China on the 77KG for men.
Podium was China, KAZ, KAZ, USA.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's only semi-true. Steroids with a shit dietwillhelp you put on muscle, but only marginally. It's one of the secrets about steroid use that people overlook; if your diet and workouts are shit, steroids aren't going to magically cure you. Now, there was a study done with sedentary steroid users where they put on more muscle than people with diet/exercise on point, but the problem is that it's not permanent. So unless you want to blast and cruise the rest of your life, you're basically getting about 2 months out of a cycle where you'll put on weight. As soon as the cycle ends, the weight is going to drop back off.

I was 130-135 until I was about 25 years old. I'll echo what Eidal said. People think they eat WAY more than they really do. I hear it all the time. When those people actually track their calories (I was one of them), they're shocked at how little they actually were.
The reverse is also true, fat shits don't understand where all the calories are coming from.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not just fat shits, but also women. Women for some reason don't consider snacking as a part of "eating." I can't even count the number of women who I've heard bitch about how they can't lose weight but that they "never eat." For some reason things like 1200 calories in Starbucks every day, and 100 calorie packs of garbage don't count.

I'll say that most obese people likely would do well to cut out all liquid calories. It's incredibly easy to pound a couple sodas a day without filling you up and adding 3500 calories a week. While it's certainly possible, eating 3500 calories of something like chips takes a bit more effort (and is also significantly more expensive).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed. Soda alone will fuck you up, but once you start adding in all that coffee bullshit?

The only calories I take in liquid form is from milk, and that's for my oats and by itself during a bulk. Other than that, fuck drinking my calories.

Except beer. Cause... well... beer.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Anyone here using steroids? I mean needle in ass making you jacked steroids. I keep getting offers and I am curious as to what the cost is. What the basics are etc. Like what are the types, the names etc.

Yes acne, yes small balls...ya ya. Info anyone?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
There are many websites devoted to steroids and they all have enough info to keep you busy for a week of hard reading. Make sure you read up and have your training and diet tight or you're wasting time, money and possibly hormone health. It's not as simple as "inject steroids for 12 weeks then stop". I've never done any anabolics but if I had access to test I knew was quality I'd do it.