Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone. Yea.

Not someone who is 130lb soaking wet and never lifted weights.

I dont even think Mippo was as bad/delusional as you

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Someone. Yea.

Not someone who is 130lb soaking wet and never lifted weights.

I dont even think Mippo was as bad/delusional as you
Besides the fact that you don't know what the word "Never" means, do you have anything else to back upwhyhe shouldn't do single leg squats?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Genjiro went about it...harshly, but I agree with him. Can he even hold those 60lb dumb bells for 10 squats? 130 lbs and not a lifter. That is tough.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Genjiro went about it...harshly, but I agree with him. Can he even hold those 60lb dumb bells for 10 squats? 130 lbs and not a lifter. That is tough.
No chance he could do that, which was the point. He's working with very limited equipment and I was telling him what he had was more than adequate for quite a while

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oh ya! Him having UP TO 60lb dumb bells is fine. Start with the 25 pounders, and work his way to the 60's. Especially for the 1st six months.

And yes you SHOULD be doing 1 legged to break up the routine if nothing else.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bunch of dumbs dumbs in this thread. Way to play into the stereotype guys.

And you'll be fine for 3 months with 60 pound DBs if you've never lifted before. There's always ways to increase intensity should 60 DBs become too light, so I wouldn't worry. Make whatever progress you can until you can get in a real gym and have everything at your disposal.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha have you seen him? He is skin and bones, he looks anorexic. No offense wiz, but you do.

60lb dumbbells would last him for a year unless he is juicing and that route of training is a completely different topic that would take pages to go through. We're not talking about someone who is a classic mesomorph who just hasnt worked out. He is starting from well well below the average person.

Goddamn, this thread is like 5% knowledge, 95% brofag

Go to the site I sent you to, dont trust anyone here because it invariably leads to the stupid shit you see posted on this page and others....and you dont have the experience to separate the two yet. That guys info > anything you will read on this site...he actually has you know, degrees and stuff. Im sure some dipshit will chime in why they are more knowledgeable, but that should tell you right away not to listen.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody can be as dumb as Ambiturner right?

I said listen to someone who landed one of the hardest jobs you could ever land in the S&C industry working for a professional team. But please, tell us how you know more. What are your qualifications again? Lemme guess, you read bb.com forums!!

Post your pseudo bro stuff in here and I will call you on it and make you look stupid every time. Keep to your usual stupid shit that you're wrong about in other threads.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Goddamn, this thread is like 5% knowledge, 95% brofag
Plenty good info here. Bodybuilding.com is fine for what it is. You really need to pick and choose based upon your level of skill what works for you. Some common sense needs to apply there.

Cavalier I would never recommend personally for someone that is just starting to lift weights. Way too much info, and too many advance workouts. I love CT Fletcher, but I would never recommend him for 99% of the people here.

Most people need just the basics once they figure out what exactly they can do weight wise. They just need a circuit that works for them after that.

That right there is the problem. Trying to give advice with little to no info from the person asking for the help. Not bad info being given, too little info from the person asking for the advice most times.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're not even making coherent sense. My "advice" was telling him different programs work for different people and then gave examples of exercises he could do with his limited equipment.

You decided that was "Bro science" and went full retard.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're not even making coherent sense. My "advice" was telling him different programs work for different people and then gave examples of exercises he could do with his limited equipment.

You decided that was "Bro science" and went full retard.
Because your "advice" for everything you have posted in this thread is garbage. Stick to being wrong about grammar in other threads.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plenty good info here. Bodybuilding.com is fine for what it is. You really need to pick and choose based upon your level of skill what works for you. Some common sense needs to apply there.

Cavalier I would never recommend personally for someone that is just starting to lift weights. Way too much info, and too many advance workouts. I love CT Fletcher, but I would never recommend him for 99% of the people here.

Most people need just the basics once they figure out what exactly they can do weight wise. They just need a circuit that works for them after that.

That right there is the problem. Trying to give advice with little to no info from the person asking for the help. Not bad info being given, too little info from the person asking for the advice most times.
A lot of people dont like Cavaliere because he talks a lot, but giving info is why he is so good if you are just starting. He shows you anatomy and how/why something is good/bad. Example: he explains how 99% of pec injuries you see are from guys doing pec flys on a bench because there is this pervasive idea that you need to massively stretch the muscle -- which causes it to tear off the insertion point on the humerus. Given that he isnt into heavy heavy weights, its why I used him as a good person to start with and he will tell people how to do a basic version of whatever -- he also uses a lot of bodyweight exercises which are great for someone just starting out. Too many try to do too much too fast and get injured.

Personally I find that its helpful to know not only how but why a muscle moves the way it does (its purpose), because knowing this will maximize what you're doing (which is why he is so well respected).... along with proper form. Granted, he trains for performance.... not for size and bulk, but its a very good place to start. But you're right, knowing what you train for is a big determinant in how you should train. A guy I workout with was the kenpo state champ in Florida and is an amateur mma fighter that trains at top team down here, so he trains for functional strength since he thinks its retarded to have a bunch of muscle and be slow as fuck to get your ass beat. Then you have powerlifters etc who care nothing about being fast or applying it to athletic performance.

And bb.com has so much crap that is disseminated there.... you will see articles they post that come from votes from users whether its actually good info or not. If you have studied the field and already have knowledge you will find some things that are ok. Jim Stoppani is the only one I really put any stock into over there, but he even has his own line of shit he tries to sell on there now which is what that site has become -- a place to push product. I stay the fuck away from bb.com forums, full of so much bullshit its not even funny. I prefer guys who are experts in the field of functional strength, guys like Mike Barwis who works with guys like Richard Sherman etc and other pro athletes.

I got my second degree in exercise science/physiology, though in my undergrad I worked mostly on performance related areas like plyometrics and working with track and field athletes studying things like friction with force plates. Im working on getting my ACSM cert and studying for it now simply because its the platinum standard and most dont bother since its hard as hell to get and time consuming to study for, but its worth it. Unfortunately working full time and having a life, gf etc make it a slow process but even with that and even having a degree, there is tons to learn and the field is constantly advancing.

edit: btw anyone know whatever happened to arkk? We had some pretty good discussions on the old site, I know we got into this huge thing on atp/creatine....him and papasomething were good posters

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bitch anyone who knows foh knows Ive been here since the noows days from EQ when I was in LoS~

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Bitch anyone who knows foh knows Ive been here since the noows days from EQ when I was in LoS~
rrr_img_126951.jpg

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah its just hilarious some guy who is new to these forums thinks im an alt after what, idk even know, 15+ years of posting