Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For a super newb, I'd say doing full body workouts (unless they are primarily cardio while holding weights) is bad simply because then your entire body gets all DOMS'd up as opposed to just parts of it, and it can do a lot to screw with motivation. Otherwise there's really no reason not to do them, but it isn't like they are any better than hitting muscle groups specifically on certain days for more reps/time. 4.5 hours a week in the gym is still 4.5 hours a week in the gym, esp. for a newblar.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
I see that point.

Personally, DOMS from hell motivates me. That's when I feel (stupid, I know), that the workout really worked.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I would like to recommend for those of you interested in becoming stronger, to do Olympic weightlifting. The amount of pleasure(ego) you get from lifting that bar from the ground and taking it over your head and then slamming it down, is awesome!!!

In terms of health benefits, you will get legs the size of tree trunks( better than diesel legs), plus crazy leg flexibility, and a very balanced and stronger upper body.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
My coaches since college started us on body parts for workouts. There was one full body session once every 2 weeks.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's with all of the fake natties doing bodybuilding competitions? That's lame. The gym I work out at is one of the most hardcore gyms in the area. I've seen these people in the offseason, I know what a face that is bloated by steroids looks like. There are some female bodybuilders at the gym that have had bloated faces a few months ago, have wide jaws (HGH?), with pimples every where, and deep masculine voices that are claiming they are lifetime drug free.

What purpose is the trophy, when you cheated to get it? And to boot, you tricked a polygraph by being a good liar. Go compete in a non-tested competition with the rest of them.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. They won't win.
2. Instagram followers feed into it and they sell themselves or a product aka make money off morons.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
1. They won't win.
2. Instagram followers feed into it and they sell themselves or a product aka make money off morons.
One of the females here has won multiple times. She gets off of cycle just in time to be clear for the contest. And she lies for the polygraph.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing how widespread steroids are it really makes me wonder if there are ANY big guys at the gym that are natural. I know they still have to put in the work but it seems so fake and stupid.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty easy to notice steroid use if you know what to look for.

And Lyrical, then she just wants the extra prize money or whatever. Or maybe she's fucking #lifetimenatty you hating faggot #workharderthanme pussy.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty easy to notice steroid use if you know what to look for.

And Lyrical, then she just wants the extra prize money or whatever. Or maybe she's fucking #lifetimenatty you hating faggot #workharderthanme pussy.
I can remember at one point in time she was juicing so hard that her eyes were bright yellow from all of the gear. If she wants to do that, it's up to her. She busts her ass in there harder than 99% of the males (and is stronger). But don't enter a lifetime natty contest.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing how widespread steroids are it really makes me wonder if there are ANY big guys at the gym that are natural. I know they still have to put in the work but it seems so fake and stupid.
Traps/shoulders and lats are the big giveaways, especially if both the traps and lats are stupid huge. Also a lot of the big dudes that are super shredded are probably rocken that tren. Got a couple obvious guys in my gym. One dude obviously went off his cycle going into the holidays and I guess took some time off (maybe got injured) because he's back in and lost a lot of muscle.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
What I look for are big guys that obviously have a shit ton of muscle mass but are also very lean. Also I just look for those typical cro-magnon facial features that they get from excessive hormones.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is that most gym goers believe that if the next guy has one ounce more muscle, or is a little leaner, than they are on gear. I remember when I first started lifting weights in High School, the other kids accused me of roiding LOL. I went from 145 to 155, and this was a telltale sign to them.

Some people have great genetics, bust their ass, and their nutrition is dialed. Other guys are just straight roids. I had guys in my fraternity that were juicing, and had great gains on shit diets and crappy workout routines. Whenever they got off cycle, they dropped almost all of their muscle.

That being said, there is a certain type of facial bloat that only comes from roids, as well as pimples, an unnatural amount of sweat, yellow eyes and in women, a lowering of the voice. Also, you know when they talk about it. Like when you walk in the locker room and they are buying gear. Or they tell you their cycle.

I don't care, but be smart about it. Some guys are taking gear just because they hear it works, and there is no science behind it. I know a guy who took the same steroid cycle three times in a row. His receptors were gone after the first cycle. And some guys take different stacks, where one steroid counteracts the other. That's a waste of money, and not worth the additional strain on the body. Also, since it's illegal, you never can tell the purity of the source.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The problem is that most gym goers believe that if the next guy has one ounce more muscle, or is a little leaner, than they are on gear. I remember when I first started lifting weights in High School, the other kids accused me of roiding LOL. I went from 145 to 155, and this was a telltale sign.

Some people have great genetics, bust their ass, and their nutrition is dialed. Other guys are just straight roids. I had guys in my fraternity that were juicing, and had great gains on shit diets and crappy workout routines. Whenever they got off cycle, they dropped almost all of their muscle.
I don't think you actually lose muscle off cycle do you? You just lose all the water retention that causes you to look all puffy and swole? I have no idea. I'm a fucking beanpole compared to the gym rats, but I'd be happy to play most actual sports against them. Preferably anything where speed is involved.
smile.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think you actually lose muscle off cycle do you? You just lose all the water retention that causes you to look all puffy and swole? I have no idea. I'm a fucking beanpole compared to the gym rats, but I'd be happy to play most actual sports against them. Preferably anything where speed is involved.
smile.png
You most certainly lose muscle if you are like 90% of the guys that don't know what they are doing. A typical cycle is eight weeks. You balls stop producing testosterone after three. When you get off of a cycle, you've got to do PCT (post cycle therapy) to jump start your balls again. If not, you have much less test than when you started the cycle, and a lot of guys lose more muscle than when they started the cycle. And some guys stay on cycle for years and find out that no matter what they do, their body won't naturally produce test any more (like Flex Wheeler). So they have to take anabolics for the rest of their lives just to have the normal amount that an average male would have. Some guys take drugs before they get out of puberty, and that messes up their ability to go natural later on in life.

Below is Paul Dillett and Flex Wheeler, on drugs, and drug free. Flex Wheeler stayed on cycle like ten years straight. He's documented how tough it was for him to go drug free. Apparently, he finished puberty in his 30's, after taking all sorts of things to boost his natural test production. He started drugs while in puberty, and that's not a good thing.

rrr_img_130746.jpg

rrr_img_130748.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lyrical you're 40+ now aren't you? You ever think of checking out any of the longevity clinics in a few years and get on small doses of hgh and test (assuming your test has dropped a bit). I'm 36 and feel like my test is still good but I think in my 40's I might at least get started on small doses of hgh just to keep my bones and ligaments and shit on point as I age.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lyrical you're 40+ now aren't you? You ever think of checking out any of the longevity clinics in a few years and get on small doses of hgh and test (assuming your test has dropped a bit). I'm 36 and feel like my test is still good but I think in my 40's I might at least get started on small doses of hgh just to keep my bones and ligaments and shit on point as I age.
I've thought about it, but I'm having the best workouts of my life. I'm bigger and stronger than when I was 20. I owe it to my sports nutrionist, who has my macros, diet and supplementation almost perfect. Busting your ass is one thing, but you'd be surprised at what can be done with professional help. Hell, I wasn't even taking creatine before him, and apparently that's the #2 supplement of athletes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've thought about it, but I'm having the best workouts of my life. I'm bigger and stronger than when I was 20. I owe it to my sports nutrionist, who has my macros, diet and supplementation almost perfect. Busting your ass is one thing, but you'd be surprised at what can be done with professional help. Hell, I wasn't even taking creatine before him, and apparently that's the #2 supplement of athletes.
Assuming protein is number 1? I'm in the same boat. Use to workout a lot back in the military and then gave it up for like 5 years, couple years ago went to hawaii for vacation and started working out a few months before hand and haven't stopped since. Creatine and a tub of protein for days I don't hit my goals with real food. Use to take a multi, fish oil, bcaas and joint supps but the more I read the more it seems they don't do enough for the cost. My diets pretty on point but the drinking definitely holds me back, ah well.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Assuming protein is number 1? I'm in the same boat. Use to workout a lot back in the military and then gave it up for like 5 years, couple years ago went to hawaii for vacation and started working out a few months before hand and haven't stopped since. Creatine and a tub of protein for days I don't hit my goals with real food. Use to take a multi, fish oil, bcaas and joint supps but the more I read the more it seems they don't do enough for the cost. My diets pretty on point but the drinking definitely holds me back, ah well.
Protein shakes are #1. Creatine is #2. My trainer has me taking something like 12-15 servings of fruits and veggies a day now. Before then, it was two servings a day at best. I've also found the ZMA improves my sleep recovery a ton. And then I take a joint supplement. When I don't take that joint supplement, I creak when I walk. When I do, I have little joint discomfort. He also has me on five protein meals a day, and a ton of digestive enzymes, as well as guacamole and coconut oil (for the metabolic benefits). My workouts are better then when I was 20, I'm stronger, need less rest between sets, and I'm recovering from DOMS much faster.

I don't need to take even trace amounts of HGH or roids, when I'm repping 315 for bench, or repping 225 for militaries and I'm 40+ years old. It's not about adding an inch to my arms. It's about being healthy. Since I switched to my trainer, my blood pressure when from being hypertensive to 120/80. All of my readings are good.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You lose a lot of muscle off cycle. Juice gives you Wolverine healing/recovery on top of the anabolic part, the former is what most guys dont realize is the true limiting factor in a natural lifter. Plus it also lets you eat like a slob and do the whole bulking cutting nonsense where most natural guys will have a lot harder time on both ends of that.

One of my buds has taken many different stacks over the years and has it narrowed down to Test enanthate and Masteron, and he can fucking eat everything awful under the sun and still be cut and ripped like a brick shithouse. It makes me angry. Dude gets high and eats the entire house of food, but hes around 7-8% bf plus does crazy cardio doing multiple 1hr+ rolling jujitsu sessions a week on top of muay thai etc.

Just putting this out there for those who might wanna take the anabolic plunge....if you do decide to, just stay away from 1) clenbuterol. I've seen dudes fucked up for life by that shit, involuntary twitching and all sorts of nonsense just to get that super cut look...and 2) tren. Fuck tren, just dont....ever. I know a guy who took that garbage and almost died, doctors said his heart was massively enlarged -- they gave that shit to those mutant cows you might have seen before slaughter. Juice can work wonders and be relatively safe if you are already healthy, stick to the lower end stuff like test, and if you have the temperament for it. When I was younger I took it for about a month but didnt like how it made me feel, and made me very irritable. The kids who kicked off from using it were either using mega doses or taking stuff like tren which is russian roulette.

I would not suggest it though if you are in it for the long haul, clean eating with lots of protein and a consistent workout program will get you looking and feeling better than 99% of people anyway.