Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you guys who squat 350-450 wrap your knees at all? I'm just getting into a weight range where I'm considering it, I'm pretty comfortable with my form just can't be too safe ya know? Doesn't help that my sport is golf so my knees and back rarely get a break.
When I was in my 20's, I didn't wrap before 405. In my 40's, I wrap at 315. My knees feel a little loose, and the wraps just add stability. When I'm doing heavy sets without them, the muscle is fine with the weight, but the joint is not so much.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Question for you folks since I cant find anything online.
Whenever I do bicep work (barbell, dumblell, cable, concentration etc etc) I get pain in both shoulders. Its like at the back of the shoulder, and sort of feels like a dull ache.

I have this with any weight starting at 15lb or a regular preacher bar. I have tried elbows tight in to my sides, elbows pushed back a bit and tight. Same if i do a bit of a swing cheat, or on a incline. Once biceps are done, pain is gone until next arm session.

In my early years this was never a problem, but nowadays I slack biceps bigtime because of it.

Dont know if it will be suggested but along with normal warm ups, I do rotator cuff work every day.

Thanks a lot!
That's weird. I get that only when doing incline dumbbell curls. For some reason, I do those two or three weeks and I've got a lot of shoulder pain. So I stopped doing those.

Somehow, you've gotten your shoulders involved on the curl. This is a biceps exercise. Try lightening the weights, using perfectly strict form and see.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
About a year, maybe two idk what happened but on a daily basis I will eventually start feeling some pressure in my sternum and I have to pop it to relieve it. The only exercise i feel any pain at all on is dips . Ive read other people having the issues but havent seen any fixes. I asked my doc about it and he said just dont do dips anymore lol. Sometimes I try it out to see if its fixed but nope. I wish I could do dips tho

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I wish I had a place to do dips. I workout at home, and I have a power rack and bench so I can do every free weight exercise... just can't justify the space for a dip machine. Used to love weighted dips.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do bench dips and put some plates on your dick.

Bruuce, do you feel better once you pop it? Do you forward lean when you do dips?

seanwin, do me a favor and pin yourself against a wall and try to do a curl. Don't let your elbows and back off the wall, tell me what happens. Also, try this exercise too:How To Fix Lagging Biceps (2 Exercises w/ Tutorials) - YouTube

Let me know if you still feel shoulder pain.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
It never really hurts(besdies if/when I try doing dips), the sensation I get is very comparable to the feeling when you have to crack your knuckles or something but yes when I can feel the pressure and I pop it, it feels better.

When I did do dips I did forward lean tho. Def possible I leaned too much and/or went too deep and somehow jacked myself up. I have a weird sternum anyways so it could be that too. My mom took me to the doctor when I was a kid and he said I was 'pigeon chested'. Looks almost exactly like this with that little bone sticking out except I am not as tan or ripped
Pigeon-Chest-Bodybuilding-Pectus-Carinatum.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's probably just acid build up, perfectly normal. Forward lean incorporates more chest than triceps, so you kind of need to be aware of that. I would assume like you said it's either too far forward or too deep.

Try the pushy dip machine if you have one (where the weight supports you) and play around with different positions, see if there's a way for you to do it correctly without pain.

Otherwise... just 'mire while people do dips I guess idk.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I wish I had a place to do dips. I workout at home, and I have a power rack and bench so I can do every free weight exercise... just can't justify the space for a dip machine. Used to love weighted dips.
Best bench and attachment for the money - I got one I use to use a ton but I go to a gym now so it just collects dust.

Amazon.com : Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable weight-lifting Bench : Sports Outdoors

plus

Amazon.com : Ironmaster Dip Handle Attachment : Adjustable Weight Benches : Sports Outdoors

and

Amazon.com : Ironmaster Chin Up Attachment : Adjustable Weight Benches : Sports Outdoors

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I hate finals, ruining my lifts broses. I cant concentrate on lifts without my inner voice telling me I ought to be studying. Fuck, this week and last are horrible, Ive worked out TWICE in two weeks. I know doing well on final exams is the priority but my broceps disagree. I feel skinny as fuck.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate finals, ruining my lifts broses. I cant concentrate on lifts without my inner voice telling me I ought to be studying. Fuck, this week and last are horrible, Ive worked out TWICE in two weeks. I know doing well on final exams is the priority but my broceps disagree. I feel skinny as fuck.
Unless you are also working full time, there's no reason you can't work out.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I work part-time in a lab on campus. Its mostly because my thoughts distract me when I'm lifting because I put a lot of pressure on myself during this time, so I start to feel guilty =(.

1st world problems

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really? If I didn't go to gym during stressful times I'd end up cracking. Keeps me sane.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I work part-time in a lab on campus. Its mostly because my thoughts distract me when I'm lifting because I put a lot of pressure on myself during this time, so I start to feel guilty =(.

1st world problems
The only time I didn't work out was the week of finals. The week before, I'd still be working out. How do you stress about exams that are weeks off?