Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Quick food question:
So ive changed careers and i spend a ton of time driving every day. Ive gained probably 15 to 20 pounds due to gas station/fast food. Ive had good success with a bro diet in the past; thr typical chicken, rice, brocolli, carrots, a little soy sauce...i love it. Anyways, im looking to do a bro diet, the above stated for lunch, whatever either myself or I make for dinner, but what abouy a bro diet breakfast? Anyone have any good ideas for a bro diet breakfast? Please dont drown me in eggs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oatmeal?
Apple and peanut butter?
Literally anything with peanut butter?
Cottage cheese and fruit if you like that shit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There’s a lot of good recipes for breakfast sandwiches and burritos you can make in bulk and freeze. I eat a ton of oatmeal. Overnight oats are so good and lots of variety.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Quick food question:
So ive changed careers and i spend a ton of time driving every day. Ive gained probably 15 to 20 pounds due to gas station/fast food. Ive had good success with a bro diet in the past; thr typical chicken, rice, brocolli, carrots, a little soy sauce...i love it. Anyways, im looking to do a bro diet, the above stated for lunch, whatever either myself or I make for dinner, but what abouy a bro diet breakfast? Anyone have any good ideas for a bro diet breakfast? Please dont drown me in eggs.

I just have meat for breakfast, because breakfast is just a social construct, there's no such thing as breakfast foods just food.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Target has a store brand, good and gather, that has chicken sausages I like; 15g Protein/6g fat, microwave in a minute. I use 2 of em and some greek yogurt when I don't want to actually cook anything to hit my protein target for breakfast.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Needing some help here friends. Since I've started lifting a lot during the rona (so about 2 years of 4-6 times a week) I am finding that my quads are now so massive that getting pants is really really annoying. I am 6'3 with an unusually long inseam (AKA giraffe legs) so finding pants of any kind has always been pretty annoying. But its even more annoying now as anything I buy that otherwise fits is so tight in the thigh that it pisses me off.

Outside of getting something custom tailored where might I look for something with regular people waist (I am 34 waist and 38 inseam) and very baggy thighs. I was thinking some kind of army type pants but I bought a few over the past few years and they are still annoying. I seem to be in this no mans land of regular people sizes and landwhale sizes. Like I can find properly loose enough shit. It just appears to be for landwhales that had 44 inch waists and 30 inch inseam.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Needing some help here friends. Since I've started lifting a lot during the rona (so about 2 years of 4-6 times a week) I am finding that my quads are now so massive that getting pants is really really annoying. I am 6'3 with an unusually long inseam (AKA giraffe legs) so finding pants of any kind has always been pretty annoying. But its even more annoying now as anything I buy that otherwise fits is so tight in the thigh that it pisses me off.

Outside of getting something custom tailored where might I look for something with regular people waist (I am 34 waist and 38 inseam) and very baggy thighs. I was thinking some kind of army type pants but I bought a few over the past few years and they are still annoying. I seem to be in this no mans land of regular people sizes and landwhale sizes. Like I can find properly loose enough shit. It just appears to be for landwhales that had 44 inch waists and 30 inch inseam.
Ive heard Mugsy is good for that. Also any jeans/pants company, just look for athletic fit.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
F0B5A2D6-4166-4F1C-B574-1A3AF5FFD387.jpeg

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gym's only open for three hours today and this dude took one of the two squat racks to do calisthenics in for 50 minutes. We have a seperate section of the gym with bars/bands that has been mostly empty the whole time.

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing like a funeral to let you know how far you've come. Put on a 4 year old suit and custom shirts saturday. Couldn't touch my face. Went to the tailor and that suit was a 44 regular, now I'm a 50 R. Pants still fit tho.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Signed up for a 5k on Sunday, gonna be my first time running outdoors instead of on a nice treadmill. Most recent 5k I did was the end of an orangetheory Dri-Tri and I got about 25minutes for the 5k so hopefully without being worn out ahead of time I can get pretty close to 20minutes. I'd love to get sub-20 but I just don't think that's going to happen yet.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I was wondering if anyone might have an answer for this:

Right around the time I turned 10 is when I gained a lot of weight, and got really out of shape is when this problem started.
until then I was a pretty energetic kid, played little league, AYSO etc

It used to be just cardio activity like running but occasionally even when lifting I’ll develop a pain in my chest/torso area that sometimes makes it difficult to keep going.

I circled the area where the pain seems to come from. It’s also most feels like I’m being stabbed with something for lack of a better term.

IMG_5914.jpeg

Any idea what might cause this? I had numerous heart and lung checks for an unrelated issue in 2019 and everything was functioning normally.

Also had an endoscopy done in 2021 for possible hyated hernia but it came back negative.

the problem is really frustrating as it doesn’t even seem to be consistent: I can crank it out on the exercise bike for weeks at a time and complete the timed workout and then randomly one day, and lasting several more, I can barely finish or have to stop activity because of the pain

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does it ever hurt there other times when you're not working out? I've been having pain there the last month and very sporadically prior and I had/have gall stones