Arknights

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you wish you had a Waifu? Or maybe you'd like your mustard-hole to be penetrated by a sexy Husbando instead?! Well, if all that sounds great and you love tower defense games, let me present to you..

Really fun mobile game I just recently picked up, especially if you're a big fan of gacha games and tower defenses.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
No

Edit: I'm now playing this and have a team of waifus xD

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m not convinced this is entirely great. Feels good that the difficulty / strategy is introduced early, menus look nice. It has a somewhat familiar Tower Defense thing going for it. But I don’t know. Just doesn’t have a catch or hook that it should. Might casually keep playing while on the couch and see if it gets any better.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The menus are the best I've ever seen in any game, it's like a 2040s menu attached to a 2000s flash game.

The setting is weird, the tutorial/campaign is slow and the anime girls are a little creepy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The menus are the best I've ever seen in any game, it's like a 2040s menu attached to a 2000s flash game.

The setting is weird, the tutorial/campaign is slow and the anime girls are a little creepy.

Yeah, the UI is amazing in this game. Honestly, that alone is one of its largest appeals.

The waifu shit I could care less about, it's just a funny meme. The tutorial/campaign story can be skipped and is pretty boring, like most anime shit. Although, I do find the parallels with what's going on in China and the story pretty hilarious(especially since it's a CN game).

Honestly, I'm just a complete and total sucker for TD games. The fact that they incorporated gacha into that dynamic is amazingly addictive. They are also surprisingly non-jewy about the F2P/P2W aspects as well. All content in the game can be completed with F2P characters with some really good strategies. The "higher tier" units don't take things from impossible to possible(like most gacha games), they take things from "really fucking hard/challenging" to "holy shit this is EZ-mode with this 6-star".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, the UI is amazing in this game. Honestly, that alone is one of its largest appeals.

The waifu shit I could care less about, it's just a funny meme. The tutorial/campaign story can be skipped and is pretty boring, like most anime shit. Although, I do find the parallels with what's going on in China and the story pretty hilarious(especially since it's a CN game).

Honestly, I'm just a complete and total sucker for TD games. The fact that they incorporated gacha into that dynamic is amazingly addictive. They are also surprisingly non-jewy about the F2P/P2W aspects as well. All content in the game can be completed with F2P characters with some really good strategies. The "higher tier" units don't take things from impossible to possible(like most gacha games), they take things from "really fucking hard/challenging" to "holy shit this is EZ-mode with this 6-star".
I didn't know the campaign was skipable. Is there any disadvantage for not doing it?

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm enjoying it so far. I love tower defense games and this one gets quite hard unless you check guides. And yea the menus are really clean and no popups at the start of the game like some gachas, those I uninstall the moment they pop up.

It does seem a bit more expensive if you want every new hero that gets released. The gacha currency doesnt come in as fast as Epic7 that I also play. But as mentioned its possible to clear with the free/common units.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I didn't know the campaign was skipable. Is there any disadvantage for not doing it?
It's not necessarily skippable in that you completely ignore it, but there is a "SKIP>" option at the top right when going to a stage to skip over all the retarded dialogue. I mean, I guess technically the campaign is skippable in that you don't have to do it, but it's one of the best places to grind for unit promotion mats. It'd be extremely difficult to only rely on the friend and commendation shop - not technically impossible, but it'd take significantly longer to promote. But, you only need to go up to stage 3-4 to get the last piece you need for base level 3. Which is pretty much "endgame" base level in the current content.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Right now it seems the big thing is rerolling for the Silver whatshisname on the banner until Feb 4th. I didn’t personally bother.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am thinking of trying it out too. Who is worth rerolling for?
The thing that is great about this game is that each "role" can be filled by its 3*, 4*, 5*, or 6* variant. Getting the 6* variant of a particular role just makes things easier/gives you more room to "fuck up". You get a guaranteed 5* on start(might be a 6* as well if that banner is still live). Silverash is probably the best "overall" unit in the game, but he's only 1 "role" filled on a typical team. Plus, guards aren't useful on certain stages. I wouldn't worry too much about rerolling, honestly.

I'd definitely use your beginning pulls on one of the banners though. You get a guaranteed 5* after a max of 10 pulls, but once you get the 5*+, that guarantee is gone. You might get it on pull 1, might be pull 10. Since I'm a F2P scrub, I usually use headhunting passes 1 at a time on the banners, until I get the guaranteed 5* or 6*, at which point I stop. I save up the rest for future banners.

Nightrun

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nightrun#0810 add me if you need friends. Done with rerolling got 2 6stars. Still looking for silver ashe though

Aazrael

Rakpipa#9891 if you want to add. Will E2 my Exusiai tomorrow and he is on the support slot.

The game is fun but the stamina is a real problem if you want to farm and upgrade.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The game is fun but the stamina is a real problem if you want to farm and upgrade.

Event coming that is going to have massive stamina giveaways. I'd really recommend saving up those and your weekly sanity potions for farming the event tokens, however. You can get a fully upgraded Grani(she's badass)from this event if you don't waste sanity on stupid shit like CE-5 and LS-5. Farm up a solid team of E1, level 30-40ish(can probably be done with E1 level 10ish if you want to galaxy brain it/challenge yourself), and that should get you through all the event bonuses.

And when I say save all your stamina for the event coming tomorrow, I'm not kidding. It's likely we won't get another event like this for a while and it's a massive sanity savings on materials. Grani is a badass and you can get all her tokens. The banner includes some heavy hitters as well like Nightmare and Beehunter, but the big one is all the materials this lets you farm for your potential E2s, E1s, etc.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I havent been playing long enough to have a team up to E1 (I actually just within the last few minutes figured out what E1 even meant). I did pick up some solid units though since I began so hopefully i can still get everything done before the event ends.

Aazrael

I supported the game with a few packs when I started because it was a enjoyable game to me.

I was however fully prepared to reroll for a few days when I first started but my first reroll gave me Silver Ash, Angelina and Hoshiguma so I started playing. Pulled a few times with the packs I bought on Siege and Exusiai banner. The luck was insane and this is now my team.

Screenshot_20200205-081216_Arknights.jpg

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I supported the game with a few packs when I started because it was a enjoyable game to me.

I was however fully prepared to reroll for a few days when I first started but my first reroll gave me Silver Ash, Angelina and Hoshiguma so I started playing. Pulled a few times with the packs I bought on Siege and Exusiai banner. The luck was insane and this is now my team.

View attachment 247587
Jesus fuck, that's insane luck. That reroll of Silver Ash, Angel, and Hoshi is just nuts.

Aazrael

Jesus fuck, that's insane luck. That reroll of Silver Ash, Angel, and Hoshi is just nuts.
Yea it was really lucky haha. I had an emulator setup at home for rerolls but I tried one summon when it released on my phone and it spit that trio out. Seen many "youtubers" rerolling 100 to 1000 times for 3 6 stars.

The only one I would like now is that Eyjafalla or whatever but from what I understand her banner will be skipped for some reason.

The drawback to using only 5-6 stars is high deployment costs however. So I find myself using 3-4 stars on some stages with fast approaching enemies.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yea it was really lucky haha. I had an emulator setup at home for rerolls but I tried one summon when it released on my phone and it spit that trio out. Seen many "youtubers" rerolling 100 to 1000 times for 3 6 stars.

The only one I would like now is that Eyjafalla or whatever but from what I understand her banner will be skipped for some reason.

The drawback to using only 5-6 stars is high deployment costs however. So I find myself using 3-4 stars on some stages with fast approaching enemies.

Eyja is awesome for sure, but Amiya is more than satisfactory for your single-target arts damage needs. People are also sleeping on Nightmare, IMO. She's way underrated.

Yup, 5 and 6 stars actually have their downsides. I still use Plume, Gavial, and Kroos quite often. That's one of the many reasons this game is so F2P friendly.

Just got a Top Operator tag in recruitment and pulled a Saria. So fucking stoked as I've been after a melee healer for a while(Gummy isn't that great IMO). I could've added the AoE tag and grabbed Ifrit, who's really fucking badass, but I feel like Saria allows you to be way more flexible.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Yeesh, my poor little dudes arent quite strong enough for this event yet. I can only clear the first two maps, Im close to completing the third but it all falls apart during that final stretch. I can still get all the Grani dupes, just gonna take me 182 more runs of map 2...