MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Army of the Dead (2021)

Tagline: Survivors take all

Genre: Horror, Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Ana de la Reguera, Matthias Schweighöfer, Nora Arnezeder, Hiroyuki Sanada, Raúl Castillo, Michael Cassidy, Garret Dillahunt, Omari Hardwick, Theo Rossi, Tig Notaro, Huma Qureshi, Samantha Jo, Richard Cetrone, John Flanagan, Jonathan Cohen

Release: 2021-05-21

Runtime: 139

Plot: Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble: venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought this looked like a solid idea and something strangely new and then I saw Zack Snyder's name.

Hard pass.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Surely it cant be for a money heist, would be utterly worthless in the apocalypse, the twinkie search in zombieland has more credibility than this shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

Surely it cant be for a money heist, would be utterly worthless in the apocalypse, the twinkie search in zombieland has more credibility than this shit.
Could be an "escape from new york" scenario. its not an apocalypse, its Las Vegas is quarantined.

So, Vegas is a no-go zone. But has a shit ton of money in it of course. So excursions into the No-go zone to try and get the cash is a thing.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Could be an "escape from new york" scenario. its not an apocalypse, its Las Vegas is quarantined.

So, Vegas is a no-go zone. But has a shit ton of money in it of course. So excursions into the No-go zone to try and get the cash is a thing.
So the heist will be successful, but will result in zombies escaping quarantine. Cue apocalypse, money now worthless.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

The movie premise is Vegas was walled off to contain the zombies, so the country is ok. So that is why the money there is still useful.

Dawn of the Dead remake was great, although this film gives off more of a less serious vibe

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It sounds like a great way to get rid of douchebag criminals - lure them into an infested zone and trap them there as zombie chow.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, clearly more security around Thor's hammer than the entire city of Vegas locked down with a zombie quarantine.

Just fly in guys and fill your bags.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is my reaction. Why would you risk your life to steal money when clearly your world and its economy are about to fall apart in a zombie apocalypse. I brought that up on a different forum and they were like oh maybe they will steal gold. The last thing you want when you are in a survival situation is big ass bars of heavy dense metal to lug around.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

If this pandemic has shown anything nothing that far gone is contained. People will go there to prove zombies don't exist then get bitten and then share it with their friends who also don't believe zombies exist.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Even if it wasn’t just quarantined to Vegas, you could pitch a story where it’s early in the outbreak and people assume it will be stopped soon and life goes on. And if you can steal millions in the meanwhile you’ll be cake at the other end. Look at the OG day of the dead. Cities weren’t fallen yet but people saw it going bad and decided to abandon their jobs and head out to find a place to lay low till it blows over. Eventually they realize they can’t win.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to watch this, I like zombie movies and Bautista, but if you contained it in Vegas then why not just nuke vegas... also we all know it probably started in China so no way to actually contain it.

spronk

FPS noob
I want to watch this, I like zombie movies and Bautista, but if you contained it in Vegas then why not just nuke vegas... also we all know it probably started in China so no way to actually contain it.

its pretty much a trope in these kind of movies that the government WILL nuke vegas, and the crew has only X hours (24) to escape before the nukes hit, and a stinger at the end reveals someone escaped but is infected.... DUN DUN DUN sequel bait

its a dumb zombie movie, should be fun to watch its basically Dead Rising the movie. Expect elvis zombies, chainsaw kills, and lots and lots of zombie 1 liners

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is actually a brilliant premise. I can guarantee you some dumb fucks would come up with the idea of a Zombie apocalypse being the perfect time to go steal money. It would so fucking happen.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's supposed to be a ridiculous premise you fucking autists.

"I find the science behind Sharknado to be dubious at best, 0/10"

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Looks even more ridiculous, but that's a solid use of the Gambler. Then again, trailer quality hasn't always been indicative of film quality with Snyder.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's supposed to be a ridiculous premise you fucking autists.

"I find the science behind Sharknado to be dubious at best, 0/10"
Is this supposed to be a joke? They very carefully laid out the science behind the Sharknado phenomenon in the sequels, including when they traveled back to the Cretaceous to try and stop the first Sharknado while riding on pterodactyls.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This will probably be alot like Godzilla vs King Kong. The action scenes will be awesome, but the storyline will be boring. Still cant wait to watch Bautista shoot up some zombie hookers.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database