Army of the Dead (2021)

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
This isn't so great. Pacing and feel (?) seem way off compared to Dawn. Plot is too close to Peninsula, which is maybe forgivable as they were released in the same year. What was also distracting is the not so subtle Aliens ripoffs. It was not an homage so much as lazy character creation to the effect of maybe no one will notice I strait up stole Vasquez, notable dialogue, and core scenes from one of the most prolific movies ever made.

Just felt lazy and patched together.

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If the into to this movie doesn’t sell you on it, you’re a wet blanket who hates fun.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Am I the only one that hated most of the soundtrack? I thought all the cover songs sucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

The movie is ridiculous and predictable. And I enjoyed it. It was a little too long for my liking though.

I just wish my mom loved me as much as Snyder loved his slowmo action scenes.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
A bit too many plot holes. Like if that was the real objective, they could have just walked in the front gate and done it and walked back out, no need for the entire team just the coyote and no need for the vault.

Still it was an entertaining, mind turned off movie. The gore was pretty nice.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm wow so they digitally edited the Star Trek Disco lady into the movie after it was mostly filmed.

Chris D'Elia was removed when the sexual harassment and potential pedo stuff happened.

Caliane

Hmm wow so they digitally edited the Star Trek Disco lady into the movie after it was mostly filmed.

Chris D'Elia was removed when the sexual harassment and potential pedo stuff happened.

ah, thats what was up with those odd shots.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The movie is ridiculous and predictable. And I enjoyed it. It was a little too long for my liking though.

I just wish my mom loved me as much as Snyder loved his slowmo action scenes.

Or his blurry fade ins, or his lens flares...

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
It wasn’t horrible. I like the idea behind it. It’s not something I will watch again. Some plot holes the size of the Grand Canyon? Ya but zombie tiger!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It wasn’t horrible. I like the idea behind it. It’s not something I will watch again. Some plot holes the size of the Grand Canyon? Ya but zombie tiger!
I love the zombie king riding his zombie horse around with his pet zombie tiger by his side. Brilliance.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Movie was totally enjoyable until the end tbh:

So dude somehow doesn't suffocate in the air tight vault, survives the nuke which also somehow magically opens the vault, then proceeds to walk through miles of nuke fallout to a random abandoned shack with a abandoned functional car, to then somehow rent a private jet with bloody wads of cash, and fly to mexico? Zombie tigers are more believable than how fucking retarded this shit went at the end

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Movie was totally enjoyable until the end tbh:

So dude somehow doesn't suffocate in the air tight vault, survives the nuke which also somehow magically opens the vault, then proceeds to walk through miles of nuke fallout to a random abandoned shack with a abandoned functional car, to then somehow rent a private jet with bloody wads of cash, and fly to mexico? Zombie tigers are more believable than how fucking retarded this shit went at the end
Yeah when the grill pops up, I was like wha?

Animosity

I just wanna know how they captured the first zombie that started it all. And how it came to be. That’s the real plot hole.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I felt the movie was over blown with too many added elements.

I was surprised when first cueing it up. 2 hrs 28 minutes ??

Did it need the extras, the idea should be quite simple and fun, go into a walled off city of zombies and sneak, crawl, fight to a vault of cash and try to get out.

Issues with it in spoilers:

So I didn't mind to much the idea of a higher caste of zombie, but it was too much with them being 'intelligent' and having a king & queen.

The double cross from the Billionaire's head of security was telegraphed a mile out "why were there army generals in with the Billionaire as he talked to Bautista on the phone , I guess we will see". In truth I was surprised that there actually was money in the vault.

A lot of extra side story with the daughter and the people at the refugee camp.

Totally illogical character choices. A big one ( two ) at the end when the daughter goes off with a single handgun to find her friend in the building where the alpha zombie have their home. Which the means Bautista goes looking for her with less than 10 minutes left he gets to the building and his way to find her is nothing more than going floor to floor calling her name.

There was an odd moment where they tried to mind-fuck you with the reveal that the bodies of the other team looked like they were actually them, same clothing, keys on a neckchain. As a character talks you through a time loop they're stuck in.

But all that aside the action stuff was all really cool.

As someone has said, there were some many knock-offs from Aliens. The more I think about it, the more I'm seeing.

• 2Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I just wanna know how they captured the first zombie that started it all. And how it came to be. That’s the real plot hole.

Apparently they are making prequels. Prequel movie is already filmed, and an anime is in the works.

• 2Like