Army of the Dead (2021)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I think it looks like a mash-up of ohkcrlho's post and Attog's post.
xzibit-wtf.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
That good, huh? Was it even worth free?
I mean give it a go if you like zombie flicks. Just a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly slow start and..man just didnt do it for me. Lot of older zombie flicks (28days later etc..) do it way better.

Edit: I think the biggest problem is that it has so much stuff where it tries to be "serious" and would have been much better served with being an over the top zombie destruction movie with crazy amounts of gore/violence.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
28 days later is an 'older zombie flick'?? Ugh. Stupid time moving forward.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This made me go check the year it came out. Almost 20 years old now ffs.

Between 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead and the remake of Dawn of the Dead you really could have called the genre complete.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

starting this now. going to be a dumb one...

stuckman liked the opening alot. but it just left me frustrated. Almost intentionally highlighting some of the nonsense elements of zombie movies, games, etc.

hordes of zombies. from where exactly? they have time to build a cargo wall around vegas? how? military strikes.. how are the zombies taking out planes and helicopters to create all those crashes? napalm strikes seemed to work well.. how are there more zombies, how are there even buildings left? "gov going to mininuke it" why? again, conventional bombs would do the job easy. who in the world sent in airborne parachutes in? just dropping grenades would be enough..

do zombies tear people apart and eat brains... or do they just love tap bite to spread infection? This is the kind of thing guys like Zack are responsible for. oh look, zombie strippers/cabaret dancers, and zombie bachlerette party/strippers! but.. how did that happen? how did they ALL get bitten, but not torn apart, while still in costume?
every instance of zombies actually attacking someone is them SWARMING a person and tearing them limb from limb.

where are all the "current" zombies coming from? those naplam strikes sure looked effective? I thought it was going to be some dark "breeding zombie" shit. but the timeline doesn't work. its only a few years later, not decades.

wait, the refugee zone is right NEXT to the wall? the fuck?

smart zombies would be a really fucked up thing. invasion of the body snatchers type shit. you die, and then someone else, is born, puppeting your body doing things with it with your face.
its kindof a problem with most zombie movies. the zombies are generic nobodies. you don't see them before they were zombies. Every time you see someone talk about zombies as a metaphor/monster, they talk about how zombies are "us". but.. they aren't. most movies/games go through great efforts to entirely dehumanize them. like, the female zombie here. who was she?
wolf of snow hollow recently is real brutal with spending some time with victims before they get murdered. its brutal. they twist the knife intentionally, showing these young women, with kids, and being super nice, and friendly, smart, etc.

[edit]lets add some dumb shit.
daughter. "those kids don't have a mom, im responsible for them, im going! " or.. you could stay there safe and take care of them? dads response is not, "ok, none of us are going then".
dried up zombies aren't fully dead... rain brings them back. well thats terrifying. and just adds more questions of what kind of zombie they are. magic...
"why are we bringing him?" bait obviously...
zombie tiger. zombie tiger means it effects mammals. zombie rats would not be contained at all... if it effects snakes, birds or insects, even worse...
Coyote shoots the bait. and the daughter doesn't immediately ask if the Coyote did the same thing to the mom that didnt come back.
"they're hibernating" oh, really. standing up they are? yes, im sure the zombie magic virus is doing the constant, complex adjustments to keep people from falling over.. hell, most of them are standing with their arms RAISED up above their heads like they were mid reaching out for someone.
the plant tricks the last person into getting killed. Bro. its WAY too early to start killing off your allies. you do that shit after the object is secure.
Booby traps out of a D&D game in the vault..
"really cool, and the ultimate fireworks show"
moving the bombing time up. 2 hours on the clock. ok. so, this and the previous few, kindof create a problem. the tone. at this point, all pretense was just dropped. this is a campy nonsense movie. it had silly moments before.. but still was mostly serious. all the stuff with the daughter, coyote, refugees, etc now is completely out of place in this movie that is a cartoon, using cartoon logic.
zombie horse. wait. horse and tiger seem "intelligent". does that mean alpha guy bite them?
wait cash? I don't think It occurred to me they were supposed to be getting cash. how much would that weigh...
neck break zombie. oh, they break necks now? not bite? Also, Bro. SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD. dont let her get turned..
silent helicopter
impossible helicopter flying.
how did the vault get opened?
dude at the end would have to be a GIANT asshole to not squash down that potential quarantine break. locked in a plane bathroom. in a plane. barricaded cockpit. could easily tell them he's infected. have the ground ready.

yeah. final verdict is funish. But it has too much campy nonsense for the serious stuff to really work. Or, too serious to just have fun with the camp.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished it. It wasn't a waste of time. Nor was it amazing. Any things I didnt like about the film were over come by...
1621627644418.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user