Army of the Dead (2021)

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5ks4kndln5171.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't watch, but I did watch the RLM review of it. Apparently the helicopter pilot character was a recast after shooting finished. So everything was done green screen and solo.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Didn't watch, but I did watch the RLM review of it. Apparently the helicopter pilot character was a recast after shooting finished. So everything was done green screen and solo.

Which ironically were the only good scenes in the movie, unintended. It took someone who didn't know what the fuck was going on, nor cared, to be the most interesting character somehow.

I think RLM nailed it when they referenced the beginning, sure it would have cost more, but if they just made a "zombies attack Vegas" flick like the opening intro, it would have been awesome. As it stands, you wouldn't even know it took place in Vegas. They had 3 set pieces none of which had any Vegas feeling at all to them. Shit was Sci-Fi original quality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So weird how they tried to be so emotional

and the dead pixels

weird fucken movie

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya she replaced Chris D'Elia

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Her character should have been named "Plot Device".

Well, "finding that friend because I feel guilty and humans are irrational" as a plot was/would've been a million times more plausible than "create a fake-heist (twice?) to capture a zombie they could've snatched at the entrance with minimal effort within 5 minutes of the movie, lol".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, "finding that friend because I feel guilty and humans are irrational" as a plot was/would've been a million times more plausible than "create a fake-heist (twice?) to capture a zombie they could've snatched at the entrance with minimal effort within 5 minutes of the movie, lol".
This was the most glaring thing for me. The bankroller here didn't care about the money and just wanted this chick's head. The coyote and the henchman could have just walked in taken her since she is literally the first zombie they see. Grab her and walk right back out. Instead, they ignore her, move deep into the city, then it looked like they came back to the entrance to grab her, and then took the head deep back inside again, where they both died.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Someone tell Snyder he needs to take a break. Or at least don't write these things.

In a span of 8 minutes I had a single character:

explain the different zombie types, and how some come back to life in rain
explain the tiger
explain that you can trade people to the zombies
explain the rules of their exchange with the zombies
explain that one guy is a rapist
explain the queen
explain that they take people to "turn them"

Great use of visual storytelling, Zachers.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Judging from the opening sequence, he's still really good at music videos - and that's about it.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Ya, plot holes were dumb. Queen head literally would have been a “ok time to leave” once they got it. 0 reason to go back.

Movie felt like they had a bunch of zombie ideas, threw out half of them after mentioning or showing them (like the random robot zombie, or undead reviving in rain if they dried out), then also couldn’t decide if it was a satire or brainless action film. Like someone else mentioned, it felt like a Syfy movie with a big budget.

Some of the visuals were cool, but film was overall meh.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
There were robot zombies and UFOs in this. The plot really doesn't matter.

• 1Solidarity

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
How the fuck does a robot become a Zombie???

A normal robot gets bitten by a zombie so it turns into one? Or is it a robot purpose built to be a zombie from the initial design stages??

• 1Mother of God

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

A normal robot gets bitten by a zombie so it turns into one? Or is it a robot purpose built to be a zombie from the initial design stages??
That will be explained later on in the ZCU

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The zombies are desperately trying to flee an apocalyptic robotics infection.

Hosix

All labs matter!

More than likely a tiger bites a human/they/them/it who turns into a zombie who makes a robot baby.