Army of the Dead (2021)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Prequel finished filming, oddly though this seems to be about the character of Dieter, the guy with zero zombie killing experience:

^^^

That group looks like the cast of an iPhone ad.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Movie was totally enjoyable until the end tbh:

So dude somehow doesn't suffocate in the air tight vault, survives the nuke which also somehow magically opens the vault, then proceeds to walk through miles of nuke fallout to a random abandoned shack with a abandoned functional car, to then somehow rent a private jet with bloody wads of cash, and fly to mexico? Zombie tigers are more believable than how fucking retarded this shit went at the end

Do you know how oxygen works?

Also, you clearly missed the blatant sequel set up

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm wow so they digitally edited the Star Trek Disco lady into the movie after it was mostly filmed.

Chris D'Elia was removed when the sexual harassment and potential pedo stuff happened.

I continue to lose brain cells every day in clown world;

Shit like this makes me wish for brutal Stalinist communism where luxuries did not exist.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dieter was pretty funny. He worked with the rest of the serious combat folks as a counter balance. And he struck me as very German. Very let me ask questions so I know exactly what this is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

I just wanna know how they captured the first zombie that started it all. And how it came to be. That’s the real plot hole.
hes got dogtags. gov'ment experiment.

I didn't notice any timeline cannon. was there any? Dawn of the dead took place in 2004. We see a date on screen.

This one mentions the "zombie wars" in reference to the original series. its.. possible. dawn of the dead was part of said zombie wars, and the world was saved, and zombies pushed back. if no date was mentioned in this.. president joke, and cell phones suggest not 2004. Although Siegfried tiger does suggest its in the past.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
First zombie being transported, had dogtags. Also I think I saw him with white circular patches on his chest. I think I saw that, hard to be sure as he moves fast.

I figured they were those cardiac monitoring patch things. So again Government experiment gone bad.

Holter-monitor.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Stop talking and wasting time when a nuke is coming!!! God there was so many times I wanted the main characters to die for being stupid.

• 2Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This movie has tons of stupid shit going on throughout. You really have to go in turning off any critical thinking or you will really hate this movie. I really liked Dawn of the Dead and for him to make this nearly 20 or so years after that one is a huge wtf.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Rant continued...one such example of said stupid shit.

How is Drax and them flying off in a helicopter from the rooftop of building A to go to building B when King Zombie is on top of rooftop A and yet somehow this guy beats them to building B on his zombie horse. SMH!

• 3Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
If the whole point is to get an alpha zombie then why not just bonk the one there for the sacrifice and everyone goes home?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This movie was dumb as most zombie movies are but I really enjoyed it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

How is Drax and them flying off in a helicopter from the rooftop of building A to go to building B when King Zombie is on top of rooftop A and yet somehow this guy beats them to building B on his zombie horse. SMH!

Everyone knows a zombie horse is superior to a shitty helicopter be flown by a shitty comedian.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Definitely a Zack Snyder joint: ample slow mo, great visuals and set pieces, plot holes the size of the sun.

Overall it was fun. I don't regret watching.

• 3Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Seems like the main pitch for the movie was the opening "Las Vegas Zombies / Viva Las Vegas" sequence with a bunch of Elvis and Stripper Zombies, which also included 98% of the more unusual/gory/inventive zombie-kills.

The rest was pretty forgettable and not even terribly fun/inventive/exciting as far as Zombie-kills/shoot-em-up goes, even ignoring the plot holes and pacing issues.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Didn't you see how fast the alphas move? Zombie horse is an alpha. Durr. :D

To enjoy this film you just need to kick back turn off the brain and eat popcorn. Analyzing this film like people analyze Tenet won't get anyone any satisfaction.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Dunno. Plot holes were glaringly distracting without any analysis and did diminish the enjoyment from the movie. Like GoT Season 8 people suddenly teleporting all over the world.

Tenet did a reasonably good job of distracting you / hiding the flaws on casual first viewing. Yeah, it comes apart if you nitpick, but that is different category than the disregard for storytelling here.

"Just kick back and ignore the flaws" can be said for any movie. But that logic, no bad movie has ever been made.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dunno. Plot holes were glaringly distracting without any analysis and did diminish the enjoyment from the movie. Like GoT Season 8 people suddenly teleporting all over the world.

Tenet did a reasonably good job of distracting you / hiding the flaws on casual first viewing. Yeah, it comes apart if you nitpick, but that is different category than the disregard for storytelling here.

"Just kick back and ignore the flaws" can be said for any movie. But that logic, no bad movie has ever been made.
Fair enough. It's zombies. How much logic can there be if the entire premise of the movie is zombies. Meh, to each their own. As I said it isn't great, but I don't regret the two hours watching it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like