Arrested Development

Sterling

El Presidente
The original run of this show is my favorite comedy ever. I can't help but get excited for this!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
So I initially stopped watching season4 because I disliked the 1 character per episode format. This remix of it though is really good - I highly recommend it to folks who were initially turned off by the original season 4 before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So I initially stopped watching season4 because I disliked the 1 character per episode format. This remix of it though is really good - I highly recommend it to folks who were initially turned off by the original season 4 before.

agree, I rewatched and its much improved.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked it, it wasn't as good as the old seasons but it was ok. I may try the remix if I have time.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

There were fan remixes well before this. It improves it, but that isn't saying much, since it started at 1/10. What AD had going for it was the ensemble cast, and the interactions between them. They didn't film any of that for S4, they were all off in their own small groups, or even alone. Just because an episode has scenes of every character in it, doesn't make it an ensemble cast.

Also I think Hurwitz is covering for something. The prevailing news back then was they couldn't get the cast together at the same time, largely due to Cera being about as big of a giant douchebag IRL as possible. Who knows though.

• 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
There were fan remixes well before this. It improves it, but that isn't saying much, since it started at 1/10. What AD had going for it was the ensemble cast, and the interactions between them. They didn't film any of that for S4, they were all off in their own small groups, or even alone. Just because an episode has scenes of every character in it, doesn't make it an ensemble cast.

Also I think Hurwitz is covering for something. The prevailing news back then was they couldn't get the cast together at the same time, largely due to Cera being about as big of a giant douchebag IRL as possible. Who knows though.

He must have the Bieber problem, to a lesser extent. Get rich while you are prepubescent and end up thinking the world revolves around how great you are since you have been on TV and in movies since before you had hair on your chest. I mean, the adults on the show aren't as famous as you which clearly means you are more talented.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
S4 Ended up getting tied together really well and it was worth the viewing by the end but I remember thinking "I may not watch the rest of this" at around episode 3 or so.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
season 5 is out.

I am sorry to say that so far it is a disappointment for me.

All it has done so far is make me want to watch the original seasons.

The timing seems to be off or something.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
S4 Ended up getting tied together really well and it was worth the viewing by the end but I remember thinking "I may not watch the rest of this" at around episode 3 or so.

Season 4 got better with repeated viewings where you'd get so many jokes you didnt pick up on the first or even second viewings.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Season wasn't too bad. Better than 4, MAYBE? 4 had some funny moments, mostly Tobias related, and this one does as well. The whole murder/rapist thing made me LOL hard. Seems almost like they were short a few episodes. Eight episodes wasn't enough and things didn't quite fully finish for the storyline.

Maebe was making me feel things, but then I regoogled her nude scene from Transparent. All of the AD cast looks like they've gained 20 years, but her breasts look like they've gained 60 years. Good. God.

Khane

On episode 8 and I have to say I think it's spot on to the original run of the show.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is something a smidge off, but I binge watched like four episodes back to back despite work early in the morning, so there's that.

Khane

The only thing I felt was "off" is that over the years, since the original run of the show, I've realized that David Cross isn't very funny and that he tries to be Tobias Funke in basically everything he does. And now when I'm watching him actually be Tobias I don't find it funny at all.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Why are so many scenes filmed with doubles and voice overs?

Maybe I'm getting dumber and I know that AD has always had layers and in jokes but this season kind of lost me because it seemed like too much going on at once? Maybe they had to put too much in because of the shortened season?

I just found myself thinking: I think that was a callback but fuck if I can remember what it was a callback to.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
watched a few episodes, definitely not what it used to be. characters seemed over the top this time, and interactions just disjointed. like when michael meets the family again was just cringey and not in a funny way.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I casually watched the recut of season 4 (big improvement) and then just bingewatched all of the first half of season 5 yesterday. Definitely a shift back to the style that made the original run so great. Looking forward to the second half to air

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
52591494_1841149139364916_5189968970735681536_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user