Arrested Development

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Please be true, season 4 was amazing
Yeah, I thought it was good too. You just had to actually watch the whole thing for the payoff. The only people who didn't like Season 4 are the people who watched only four or five episodes and declared it "not the same". I guess they forgot that AD jokes take multiple episodes for them to take hold.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I watched them all. They are indeed "not the same." Which is exactly what makes them objectively inferior to seasons 1-3. The ensemble cast is the strongest thing this series had going for it, and season 4 did not involve the whole cast. Each episode was someone's little side story with perhaps 1, or rarely 2 other characters, filling in all the rest simply with old flashbacks to make you think they had the whole cast working on each episode. A well played out story (and it was pretty cleverly done, and very intricate) wasn't nearly enough to make S4 live up to what this show so easily managed with the entire cast involved.

Somewhere, I came across the info/rumor/whatever that far and away the biggest reason they couldn't get the whole cast together to shoot episodes was because Michael Cera is the world's largest pussy douchebag. Or some such.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Season 4 was a sidegrade. Maybe slight downgrade. It is true that they need the cast together for it to be the most potent, though. I mean Buster-Lucille-Michael interactions are amazing. And Michael-Tobias-Lindsey. And of course Michael and Gob, period.

The strength is the characters all recognizing the flaws in each other and playing off them. In S4 they had some good stuff but it was mostly "_____'s whacky adventure!" for each episode. We need more full on Blueth family shenanigans.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
full onBluethfamily shenanigans.
BXuUR.png

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah I have to agree with the "watched all of S4 and it wasn't as good" crowd. Could have been if they'd stuck to the original structure of the show. Wonder if a fan edit could fix it? That would be a bit of an undertaking.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I have to agree with the "watched all of S4 and it wasn't as good" crowd. Could have been if they'd stuck to the original structure of the show. Wonder if a fan edit could fix it? That would be a bit of an undertaking.
Multiple people did fan edits that made it more chronological. Can probably still find them on torrent sites. The reddit mega links for the one I downloaded(and never watched) are all dead.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Just kind of repeating what everyone else has already said. I loved season 4. Didn't like it as much as what we got prior, but just give them a pass because of the filming limitations.

Not on board with anyone suggesting they should give up while ahead though. Season 4 was still fucking awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ron Howard is actually working on/already done an OFFICIAL chronological re-edit of Season 4. It also has a few extra jokes and new narration, I believe. He was working on it several months ago and I haven't kept up on it.

Grim I always fuck up their last name. I want to say Bleuth but then I remember when Tobias checks caller ID and it says Blu on it and he blues himself. Blueth makes less sense than Bleuth but more sense than Bluth to me.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually think Season 4 was far superior to season 3. Season 3 is the weakest season with all that Charlize Theron is retarded shit. You definitely had to pay more attention in season 4 but I enjoyed that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I actually think Season 4 was far superior to season 3. Season 3 is the weakest season with all that Charlize Theron is retarded shit. You definitely had to pay more attention in season 4 but I enjoyed that.
I could maybe get behind this. The Mr. F stuff i get a couple laughs out of on rewatch when I pick up something I hadn't caught before but overall it's the weakest thing they did on the show. I agree there.

Season 2 is the best, IMO.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I really need to re-watch S4. I'm one of the ones who gave up midway through.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, I hated the MR F retarded eps. I was reading about why they did so many episodes on that and to make a long story short, it was because Charlize Theron demanded to be in more episodes and they could not turn her down at the time. By far the weakest cameo Char.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ya, I hated the MR F retarded eps. I was reading about why they did so many episodes on that and to make a long story short, it was because Charlize Theron demanded to be in more episodes and they could not turn her down at the time. By far the weakest cameo Char.
DISAGREE! I loved seeing her do weird shit and then the revelation. I thought it was actually pretty awesome.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user