Arrow

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think they had Brick last season for a good portion and the season before that was brother blood. this season we have anarky, but he was never more than a villain of the week. damian darhk is the first time we had a main villain from start to finish if thats their play.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i think they had Brick last season for a good portion and the season before that was brother blood. this season we have anarky, but he was never more than a villain of the week. damian darhk is the first time we had a main villain from start to finish if thats their play.
Brick was only in 3 episodes towards the middle of the season last year and it was clear early on that Brother Blood was working for someone.

In season 1 you knew it was the Dark Archer, but didn't know it was Tommy's dad. In Flash you know it's Zoom, but not who's under the mask. There's no reason to make it be a twist when there's been no attempt at hiding it so far. The show's not above bad writing, but if you're going that route you're going to tease it to build up interest.

Though I'm still with you that Merlyn is a very strong candidate for who they're talking about killing, especially after last episode. But in that case it would be something personal, like the death of William, and not what the main arc of the season was.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Brick was only in 3 episodes towards the middle of the season last year and it was clear early on that Brother Blood was working for someone.

In season 1 you knew it was the Dark Archer, but didn't know it was Tommy's dad. In Flash you know it's Zoom, but not who's under the mask. There's no reason to make it be a twist when there's been no attempt at hiding it so far. The show's not above bad writing, but if you're going that route you're going to tease it to build up interest.

Though I'm still with you that Merlyn is a very strong candidate for who they're talking about killing, especially after last episode. But in that case it would be something personal, like the death of William, and not what the main arc of the season was.
shit, it felt like they were dealing with the brick gang for more than 3 episodes. this show is so supercharged that you can remember a whole bunch of big events and you think it happened over the period of months when it was just a few weeks. ras al ghul was only in 10 episodes and for a main villain that doesnt seem like much. its certainly nothing compared to damian who i think is in every single one.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Or she could be every typical "used to having power and privilege" wife ever in tv/movies, where she belittles her husband any time he isn't being enough of an evil power-hungry dick for the plot to move forward. And just because she's "equal" to him in the marriage doesn't mean she's equal to him in the organization. Plenty of powerful evil men in tv/movies have vindictive bitches whispering in their ear, and usually it is to urge them to do something stupid so we have a reason for the mastermind villain to toss out common sense and do something retarded so our heroes can win the day.

I really have no horse in this race and don't know if you are right or wrong, and of course we all have nothing better to do than speculate about what we think is going to happen, but several of you are going way out on limbs with assumptions I think.
I'm not really going out on any limbs with massive assumptions though. I'm not saying she's the big boss I was only answering someone who said if darhk answers to someone, we haven't seen them yet. He clearly answers to his wife. Whether they are equals, she's the boss, or she's just a typical ambitious impotent wife, who knows. But he took a scolding from her and IIRC she ignored a direct order from him later.

Anyway, they need to do a good job of explaining why darhk's magic is so limited that he didn't just wipe everyone out in the first episode. So far team arrow's ability to survive encounters with him is not believable (other than speedy)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyway, they need to do a good job of explaining why darhk's magic is so limited that he didn't just wipe everyone out in the first episode. So far team arrow's ability to survive encounters with him is not believable (other than speedy)
It's a comic book(show). Explanation done.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I get what you're saying, but the idea that it's "believable" for Thea because she died and was brought back to life by a magic pit and now has to kill someone every so often so she doesn't die again made me laugh.

Ganthorn

N00b
I just assumed it was limited by that urn or whatever he seems to go to to get his power. Like he can only hold so much and then has to go back and get more since it doesn't seem to be an innate ability

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Or...it's like hundreds and hundreds of other similar stories where if the hero figured things out immediately or the villain killed everyone right away, it would have made a very short and terrible story. What a dumbass thing to try and nitpick.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What? You don't think Dahrk slaughtering everyone in the first episode would have made for a great season?

Oliver should come up with gameplans for the magic, but have Darhk still get the upper hand anyways. It would make him appear more formidable that he currently does. Right now Ollie just comes off as retarded

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I get what you're saying, but the idea that it's "believable" for Thea because she died and was brought back to life by a magic pit and now has to kill someone every so often so she doesn't die again made me laugh.
Well, at least they offered an explanation. Because she's got magic in her his magic didn't work.

I just assumed it was limited by that urn or whatever he seems to go to to get his power. Like he can only hold so much and then has to go back and get more since it doesn't seem to be an innate ability
So he's like a magic user in DnD where he's only got like 5 slots and has to spend 8 hours scribing whatever spells he will need the next day?

Ganthorn

N00b
So he's like a magic user in DnD where he's only got like 5 slots and has to spend 8 hours scribing whatever spells he will need the next day?
Apparently. As far as I can tell he does not innately have any magic. He has an artifact he is using to power himself up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All we really know is that the fatherbox is involved with his magic. I'd say it's more likely that the artifact is powering up the abilities he already has as opposed to just giving them to him.

Also there is no way that artifact isn't what Reiter is looking for on the island. Was everyone else already assuming that too?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm guessing the thing they're looking for on the island is the mother box from earlier in the season.

Seems really weird they made a big deal about it early on and then haven't mentioned it since.
Yeah I've figured that for a while. With how quickly they glossed over it, only comic nerds will even remember the 3 second appearance it made towards the beginning of the season

Column_sl

shitlord
Heh, Demolition team. Never thought I'd ever see those guys in any media outside of comics.

One thing I didn't like was Damian force choking someone through a video conference phone. That's a little crazy on the power level.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I assume that's why he went into detail about how he could picture the office, he was able to use his powers remotely because of how familiar he was with the place. Still a bit much, but w/e.

Episode was kinda mediocre but not terrible.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Heh, Demolition team. Never thought I'd ever see those guys in any media outside of comics.

One thing I didn't like was Damian force choking someone through a video conference phone. That's a little crazy on the power level.
Also, wasnt the dude like a few thousand miles away in Madrid? And he cant handle The Arrow?

Man this show is just utter trash anymore, from the stupid plot holes to the melodramatic teen angst bullshit. The dance (fight) scenes are a laughing joke. The characters are just whiney cry babies. I have tried to like this show mostly because I think Captain Jack (john barrowman) is the greatest thing ever but I honestly cant stomach any more of it. The flashbacks in the first season worked as a plot device, now they are horrid and unneeded. The only good thing this season is the actor who is playing Dahrk...I mean the character is not well written but that dude makes the best of what he has to work with.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well he did mention having taken a nap in that very office so perhaps mumbo jumbo sympathetic magic / known location / left behind a focus / etc. Yeah it is a major major stretch, but that is always a problem with comic book villainy : how to make the bad guy badass without making the defeat of the hero trivial.