Arrow

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well he did mention having taken a nap in that very office so perhaps mumbo jumbo sympathetic magic / known location / left behind a focus / etc. Yeah it is a major major stretch, but that is always a problem with comic book villainy : how to make the bad guy badass without making the defeat of the hero trivial.
Man that's a really good theory. I like it a lot.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Qhue might be on to something. It sounds better than my theory that darhk setup a remotely activated trap to kill him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well Darhk does have that suicide thing brainwashed into his ghosts. Wouldn't surprise me he also has a Samuel Jackson fireworks thing implanted in certain people's heads

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, I think Hoss actually got your joke. I could be wrong, since it is Hoss, but I felt he was playing along with it.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
How is it that oliver beats raz aghoul in like 15 seconds no sweat but takes him like 2 minutes to fight the dude with the knife in the theater and he barely makes it. wtf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, I think Hoss actually got your joke. I could be wrong, since it is Hoss, but I felt he was playing along with it.
I got it, made a joke by crediting qhue again, then gav got my joke and I made one more which rustled him. Basically, it was beautiful and gav fucking ruined it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well because it was you, it was more reasonable to assume you were being retarded rather than clever.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
talk about anticlimactic. i assume Vixen is a B grade super hero in DC comics?

this is very silly.
frown.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Mari and I had an..animated adventure last year and we still keep in touch." Nice reference to the Vixen cartoon.

What a derpy episode. I was excited about Vixen being on, but her powers didn't look right, and acting was poor. Also, Felicity was especially annoying tonight.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
talk about anticlimactic. i assume Vixen is a B grade super hero in DC comics?

this is very silly.
frown.png
Vixen is insanely powerful in the comics. At one point in time, she was able to copy any metahuman powers, as well as any animal in the universe's. So if there was a cosmic creature that could destroy planets with laser beam eyes, she could copy it. For awhile, she was running around with all of the powers of the Justice League, including Superman and Green Lantern. Even base level Vixen has claws that can cut through anything, including Superman.

Vixen possesses the innate ability to make direct contact with the Earth's morphogenetic field, which is sometimes known as the "Red". This contact with the "Red" allows to draw upon the abilities of any animal that has ever lived on the planet. By simply focusing on a specific animal, she can draw its talent directly from the morphogenetic field and mimic its abilities, thus giving herself a variety of superhuman powers.

Vixen's connection to the "Red" is so deep that she can use the abilities of multiple animals, once holding onto the morphogenetic traits of an entire forest.[51] Her abilities have allowed her to channel the powers of extinct animals (such as the saber-toothed tiger and the Triceratops), domesticated animals (like the Doberman Pinscher), and even mystical beasts (like dragons).[52] Her powers even allow her to twist some animal abilities, like when she used the bio-luminescence of a Marine hatchet fish and an Angler fish to produce light from her hand and to create a laser-like beam from her head.[41]

Vixen wears a mystic artifact called the Tantu Totem, a fox-head shaped talisman given to her ancestors by the African trickster god Anansi. It was previously thought that the totem was the source of her powers but later stories,[26][53] have shown that it merely prevents the morphogenetic field from overwhelming her mind. It was once assumed that the totem increased her range for mimicking animals as she has been seen taking on the traits of animals from across the world. However this limit has been removed since The New 52. The full capability of the totem is unknown but Vixen once used the magic of the totem to heal bruises and wounds within seconds by simply touching it.[54] The totem is thus far absent from her uniform and she has been seen taking on the traits of animals that were not within her vicinity.
Vixen's claws/nails are particularly sharp and tough, enabling her to rend through a variety of substances, such as fabric, wood, cinder block and even soft metals with ease. Her claws are magically enhanced and have drawn blood from individuals who are considered highly resistance to damage or near invulnerable like Geo-Force, Despero, and Pre-Crisis Superman.[3][55]

Occasionally, she been known to physically transform into animals-for example, she has shapeshifted into a gray wolf, a great horned owl, and a cougar.[56] Vixen can also assume a hybrid form, in which she maintains a humanoid form but with certain animal adaptations, like when she took on the gills, fins, and lack of eyes of a blind cavefish in JSA Classified and later shapeshifted into a humanoid wolf (retaining the cave fish's blindness).
While the full extent of Vixen's control over the morphogenetic field is unknown, she has on occasions drawn pure energy from it and displayed this energy as a force field and energy claws.[57] While in cooperation with Animal Man and the woman known as "Tristess", she helped to create an entire universe.[58]
Vixen also has the ability to communicate with animals and can override the natural predator/prey instinct found in most wild animals.[59] One apparent drawback of Vixen's powers is that she is not always able to control the inputs from the morphogenetic field. Sometimes, she has absorbed unwanted animal behavior, such as instinctive rage or killing frenzy. The longer she stays in contact with the morphogenetic field, the less human and more animal she seems to become.[60]

It is unknown what would happen if Vixen tried to use her magical abilities on an alien animal, or if she would gain access to the morphogenetic field of another planet. During the time when Vixen was mimicking human abilities she was able to mimic the extraterrestrial abilities of Superman. This might indicate that she is able to mimic the abilities of aliens as long as she is aware of them.

After losing the totem Vixen was forced to tap into the human template as a way to purge herself of pure animalistic sensations and regain her humanity. Afterwards, Vixen is briefly left by the god Anansi with a crippled connection with the morphogenetic field, unable to reach any animal except the human animal. In this state she shows the ability to mimic metahuman powers, such as Jay Garrick's speed, Geo-Force's earth-based powers, and Black Lightning's elemental control, as well as the Kryptonian superpowers of Superman, an extraterrestrial.[61] Her abilities are not only limited to that of metahumans, as she was able to duplicate Red Arrow's archery skills and even Green Lantern's ring in a recent issue of Justice League of America, suggesting that she has gained powers similar to those of Amazo.

It is revealed that this is actually trickery on the part of Anansi. Upon confronting him within the Tantu Totem, Vixen learns the truth about her powers: For unknown reasons, Anansi has made the Tantu Totem his current home. Vixen's family are custodians and guardians of the totem, which they have passed down through the generations. While Mari doesn't need to be wearing the totem to use her powers, she is expected to keep it safe for Anansi. Anansi restores Vixen's original animal powers, then, after testing her abilities as a hero, he states that she is his "champion".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Vixen is insanely powerful in the comics. At one point in time, she was able to copy any metahuman powers, as well as any animal in the universe's. So if there was a cosmic creature that could destroy planets with laser beam eyes, she could copy it. For awhile, she was running around with all of the powers of the Justice League, including Superman and Green Lantern. Even base level Vixen has claws that can cut through anything, including Superman.
I'm just going by what they showed us. The second she confronts dhark. He just force pushed her around the room like a noob. I did like the campy manner in which she yoinked his magic thingy which for some reason he had just sitting around his living room like it was some kind of bowling trophy. Then she starts casting talisman of the gorilla on herself and breaks it. I lost it after that. Cherry was felicity breaking up with Oliver after the mother of his son specifically tells her, " I made Oliver promise not to tell anyone about William, especially you." It's like she was looking for any excuse to break it off with him. If I was Oliver, I would be like, 'fuck you then, I got pussy waiting for me everywhere I go'. Simply hilarious episode, even the flashback was comedic.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Felicity regains ability to use legs...
and promptly walks away from Oliver lol.

I did laugh a lot during tonight's episode, but I'm not sure that was the intended effect.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Felicity regains ability to use legs...
and promptly walks away from Oliver lol.

I did laugh a lot during tonight's episode, but I'm not sure that was the intended effect.
If you noticed they planted the "Laurel still cares for/loves Ollie" seed in the episode too.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I still giggle every time I see yet another spelling of (Damien) Darhk in this thread. This season has been much like the 3rd, lots of promise and a massive failing to deliver. Shame really.