Arrow

Ganthorn

N00b
Remember Brandon Routh was always supposed to be the Blue Beetle because he's a tech-based super hero which was more fitting with the overall non-superpowered vibe that Arrow has going on. At the last minute before the season started filming Warner Bros / DC said "no can do Blue Beetle" and offered up The Atom as a replacement character. They've said they don't want to do the shrinking thing which pretty much turns the Atom into Iron Man. I have hopes that an "unfortunate side effect" of the dwarf star alloy he is using in the suit will still result in him getting size changing abilities at some point, but then again I'm also still hoping Canary gets a proper canary cry and doesn't have to use her iPod for that.
I was thinking they could at least get the pied piper tech from their friends over in the flash camp for her scream. Build it into the mask or something

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well since we know that the Lazarus Pits do exist in the Arrowverse I suppose Nyssa could go do something crazy and revive Sarah who then takes on a new identity... I mean if you have her in the same universe it would be very odd to be a different character.

As far as names go they have a lot of options. They could go with Justice Society, but that may be too close to Justice League for a mainstream show. They could go more obscure with Challengers of the Unknown, or Infinity Inc. but I think they would stay clear of Doom Patrol since that has some possibility on its own down the line. Given the title of the episode where Routh crosses over into the Flash I'd have to guess they will go with All-Star Squadron or All-Stars or something similar.

Or maybe the Brave and the Bold? Do it as a semi-anthology team-up series where they have different stories with various characters teaming up with other notables from around the DC Universe?

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I'm intrigued by the news. It will be interesting what character they would have Caity play. Between this news, Supergirl and the possible Teen Titans show Warners TV isn't standing around. I'm guessing they will try something on Amazon or Netflix sooner or later.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this all sounds like great news to me. more arrowverse shows the better. and we get to see caity again. love that chick.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
If they do the spinoff show and shift between different characters it could become the "rolling pilot" to see what characters are solid enough for their own shows, I could support that.

They should go ahead and call it the Brave and the Bold, get that out of the way. It would also give them some space for their version of the Suicide Squad.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well since we know that the Lazarus Pits do exist in the Arrowverse I suppose Nyssa could go do something crazy and revive Sarah who then takes on a new identity... I mean if you have her in the same universe it would be very odd to be a different character.

As far as names go they have a lot of options. They could go with Justice Society, but that may be too close to Justice League for a mainstream show. They could go more obscure with Challengers of the Unknown, or Infinity Inc. but I think they would stay clear of Doom Patrol since that has some possibility on its own down the line. Given the title of the episode where Routh crosses over into the Flash I'd have to guess they will go with All-Star Squadron or All-Stars or something similar.

Or maybe the Brave and the Bold? Do it as a semi-anthology team-up series where they have different stories with various characters teaming up with other notables from around the DC Universe?
DC Showcase

geffe71_sl

shitlord
for some reason i cant find it, but there is a old comic pic of Oliver Queen in Batman's gear with the letter box "Oliver Queen is Batman"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
rrr_img_91380.jpg

Caliane

Sounds like my theory on them reviving Sara might be correct..
so he will have a ward that was killed by his nemesis, and brought back to life. the Battening will be complete.

Which sidekick you guys think will get shot in the spine and paralyzed?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
so he will have a ward that was killed by his nemesis, and brought back to life. the Battening will be complete.

Which sidekick you guys think will get shot in the spine and paralyzed?
Felicity becoming Oracle that way might be a bit too on the nose.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't see how they made Ra's just a title. This Ra's clearly talks about things that happened over a century ago. I don't think he's just carrying that persona. I do think that he is simply choosing an heir for his end. Whenever it comes. But Oliver won't accept and Ra's will just keep pestering him over it....

Kind of just like Ra's does to The Detective. But it really is cool to see this story arc explored. Damn awesome shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So your theory is that Ra's used the mind control drug on Merlyn to make Merlyn use the mind control drug on Thea to kill Sara?

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't see how they made Ra's just a title. This Ra's clearly talks about things that happened over a century ago. I don't think he's just carrying that persona. I do think that he is simply choosing an heir for his end. Whenever it comes. But Oliver won't accept and Ra's will just keep pestering him over it....

Kind of just like Ra's does to The Detective. But it really is cool to see this story arc explored. Damn awesome shit.
Long line of Ra's Al-Ghul going back a thousand years or whatever, but with each Ra's lasting a few centuries due to the Lazarus Pit. Once they tire of life, they choose their successor.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
i think thats the joke at DC. Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen are identical, and having that rivalry when they meet up makes good writing.