Artifact - The DOTA Card Game

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any THOTs playing this?

This game looks like an abortion clinic.

I do have to hand it to them for going against every tenant of modern game design and just making a gigantic clusterfuck.
146 IQ post right here.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Apparently they aren't throwing in the towel and are planning for a massive rework/relaunch

Chris

Potato del Grande
Apparently they aren't throwing in the towel and are planning for a massive rework/relaunch
I was really excited to try this when it launched, then noped out when it had a box price AND you had to pay for cards AND you had to pay to play.

Total insanity. Any rework has to change that model.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
I was really excited to try this when it launched, then noped out when it had a box price AND you had to pay for cards AND you had to pay to play.

Obviously the financial model needs to change - they wouldn't have run out of money otherwise. I'm thinking they change the gold shop to a cash shop, that should fix it ;p

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Games were really long too. It really felt like a job I was paying to play or a really sick joke. I don't even see the market for it at this point. Riot made a far better game and it's not picked up any 'steam' the last few months. It's a very saturated market now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Games were really long too. It really felt like a job I was paying to play or a really sick joke. I don't even see the market for it at this point. Riot made a far better game and it's not picked up any 'steam' the last few months. It's a very saturated market now.
Yeah Runeterra is pretty much perfect, I just don't have time to play.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Runeterra is pretty much perfect, I just don't have time to play.

It badly needs an expansion but that's the ⚠(problem) with all 🎱(games) especially CCGs. I'm pretty bored with it right now but for a first time effort, they've made a very good game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Artifact reminds me of this article:

• 1Worf

Delly

Trakanon Raider

• 1Barf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
RIP

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never tried the game. I watched a few games and literally had no clue what was going on from just watching unlike Hearthstone, Magic or LoR where you may not understand all cards effect but can follow the general flow of the game. This to me was just too confusing.

Cybsled

They really fucked themselves with the half baked, ultra monetized launch and steep learning curve. Awesome they tried to retool it, but they had to do a lot more to make it accessible

Chris

Potato del Grande
How bad must a game be that the beta doesn't have enough players to continue development lol.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They really fucked themselves with the half baked, ultra monetized launch and steep learning curve. Awesome they tried to retool it, but they had to do a lot more to make it accessible

That's what was so funny about "Despite good initial sales, our player count fell off pretty dramatically..." Yeah, sure. Spin it however you want to. I like CCGs and went to The International 3 years in a row? 4? I was happy to consume anything DotA and wouldn't even touch this is looked so bad.

• 1Like