Ascent: Infinite Realm

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Steampunk MMO with gliding and magic. Discuss.

Last edited:

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
1980: "I bet there'll be massive virtual worlds in the future where you can be anyone, do anything, go anywhere: author of your own destiny."

2017:

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm all for any MMO not made by the following people:

1) Brad
2) Smed
3) Russians
4) Asians

Does this qualify in any of those categories?

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Looks like it's being co-developed by the Pubg studio and the studio behind TERA. To be published by the company that published BDO. So Asian is all over this one.

• 4Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just found out about this.

Faction based RvR, mechs, guns and flying. By Bluehole (Player Unknown's Battlegounds) and published by Kakao (Black Desert).
American beta probably 3rd quarter 2018. It's in closed beta in Korea atm.

Good looking game, on par with Black Desert. Korean grinder though, and I'll bet P2W. Will try it (usually check out most new mmos), and if it's RvR is any good will probably stick with it.

PC Games News

edit: Looking at the forums and they are also testing special servers run by players with PK looting, progression, etc.

A:IR

Forums

Last edited:

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Looks like it's being co-developed by the Pubg studio and the studio behind TERA. To be published by the company that published BDO. So Asian is all over this one.

thread over

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Can't wait to either grind for eternity to enchant my weapon from +8 to +9 at a 5% chance or pay $30 bucks for 50%

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What is with Koreans and Chuck-E-Cheese-looking animals?

Also, what the FUCK is up with that framerate? Horrible.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Can we have a non-asain MMORPG ever again? Did WildStar kill the western MMO genre?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Pantheon
Shroud of the Avatar
Ashes of Creation
Camelot Unchained
Crowfall
Star Citizen

So plenty of non-Asian MMO in development. Now if you mean a non kickstarter MMO from a major publisher, I think we're pretty much done until Blizzard decides to do WoW 2 or something.

I think the future of the MMO for major publisher will be stuff like Destiny or Anthem.

Kinda disappointing really.

• 1Seriously?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pantheon
Shroud of the Avatar
Ashes of Creation
Camelot Unchained
Crowfall
Star Citizen

So plenty of non-Asian MMO in development. Now if you mean a non kickstarter MMO from a major publisher, I think we're pretty much done until Blizzard decides to do WoW 2 or something.

I think the future of the MMO for major publisher will be stuff like Destiny or Anthem.

Kinda disappointing really.
Um, Pantheon failed it's Kickstarter and for some reason people are giving them money, including investors.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Western MMO genre didn't die, it just spread into every other video game genre, corrupting them with a creeping wave of dailies, gear grinds, fashion-as-end-game, always-online and recurring revenue streams.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's a good (and tragic) observation. It seems almost every new game finds a way to incentivize daily logins or activities.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive seen a lot of advertising on this game lately. I had forgotten all about it. Anything new? Any changes on the P2W stance type of thing? It definitely looks interesting from a play-perspective?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really? I haven't heard anything about the game in about 6 months; nothing new from Steparu / Rendermax (two youtubers who preview a lot of KR games). Last I heard was that their beta was pretty bad, to be expected, so I'd be curious if they've changed a lot.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game's name is now Elyon. Probably should change the thread title.

Closed beta is coming early May. You can sign up at the website. It's Kakao Games who use to publish BDO, so you can use that account if you have one.

Elyon

Don't hold out much hope for this. Kakao will be wanting a replacement for their lost BDO cash cow, we'll see. Looks like the game is very different from the early versions.