Ascent: Infinite Realm

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I signed up because they sent me an email about it and I have a BDO account, rather than genuine interest in the game.

Maybe I'll get a month out of it like some Asian based mmo.

I'm actually looking for Swords of Legends Online a bit more as far as Asian mmo being released soon. Can pre-order on their site and Steam. I haven't yet, waiting for more info about it.

Still I haven't played a MMO since the last FF14 expansion which I played for 6-9 months before taking a break, so anything looks good at this point. :)

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Saw a bunch of negativity about Swords of Legends from people who watched a stream or something.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That looks like an Asian MMO
It's actually chinese, which is a relative rarity (most of the asian MMO out there are Korean or Japanese, it's rare that a chinese game gets released out of the Great Firewall confines).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Anyone try out the current beta yet? You can link twitch account and watch a streamer for an hour to get access.

Looks very much like BDO combat/quest wise.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might want to change thread title to "Elyon", as that is the games name now. Had me confused for a moment.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks very much like BDO combat/quest wise.

Not really, unless you're talking about both of them having a reticle in the middle of the screen they're not comparable at all. Elyon is more like TERA, think theme park MMO. BDO is sandbox-oriented. Also they scrapped most of what made AIR promising, not it's just another generic korean theme park MMO with P2W cash shop and timegated endgame content. If you want to know more this review is quite accurate: . It's 8 minutes of your time you won't regret, it's quite informative especially if you had any hope about this game.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Cool I'll watch video.

Yeah definitely more tera vibe in combat. As of now I hit L30 pretty quickly, did a solo dungeon, messed with the cash shop, made a clan etc.

Pros: combat/skills/art etc all look good as expected.
Cons: UI is gross, no rebinding keys (LET ME REBIND "F" FFS), weird systems that seem complicated atm, cash shop is pay 2 speed up/convenience. I was able to 5 star a pet and buy a bunch of random shit with the existing welcome bundle.

asdfasd.jpg

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Pros: combat/skills/art etc all look good as expected.
Compared to what? Bless? Both of these games suck compared to BDO and Lost Ark, and somewhat even Bland World. I don't understand how some people can consider outdated graphics and clunky combat to be "good". Time travel?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
BDO is old news and Lost Ark still months away for NA client. It's standard asian mmo fare to pass the time until FFXIV expac and Lost Ark.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
BDO is old news and Lost Ark still months away for NA client. It's standard asian mmo fare to pass the time until FFXIV expac and Lost Ark.

Oh, BDO's top tier graphics and combat are old news, so can't be used as a basis for comparison. Got it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

BDO released two new classes this year, Corsair being the latest one month ago. They also announced rework of most existing classes starting next week and they're adding content on a regular basis with Atoraxxion dungeon two weeks ago. They also somewhat reworked graphics (remastered) which to be honest were already way better than most MMOs or even games out there. The game is actually pretty decent if you're into sandbox-oriented korean MMOs with great combat gameplay.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've already put 1k+ hours into BDO over the years. Literally zero interest in playing anymore regardless of new classes/content. This and new world will kill a month or two off being "new" crap to play.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I started playing kritika again, and yes, I looked at this and it looks like the typical cookie cutter korean MMO formula - same as what kritika does. Shit like being able to do 15 things to items to unlock, and every single thing has its own components, all costing gold, etc etc with 18 types of currencies, and all of which can be just bought in the cash shop. I love the characters in it (I mean come on, you can be a rabbit thing!). But its going to be a train wreck and have tops less than 1,000 players in 3 months.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steam says this game will be released on October 20th.

It's called Elyon now.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's actually out now if you bought a pack. CuteDog_ is streaming it on twitch, but it doesnt look like my thing at all. He also said it was very PvP centric, but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.