Ash vs Evil Dead

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is truly dead. Bruce Campbell said he has retired as Ash. He won't be part of any more of it.

Cybsled

Sad it is over, but the ending worked...especially when you take into account the original ending to Army of Darkness.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Eh, I thought the ending was decent, but pretty disappointing in the light of it being the last time we see Ash Williams.

Show was awesome for what it was, but it could have been so much more.

Still worth checking out. Season 2 is the best.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
It worked, along the same lines as the other endings within this series where it can just end and I've gotten enough closure where the last scene tease makes me want more but I know that it's up in the air whether they'll actually get around to making the rest. Knowing beforehand that this is it and Bruce Campbell is done made that incredibly bittersweet.

I'm glad that they kept up with the 80's style "stay tuned for further adventures" and that Raimi and Campbell cared so much about this universe that they completely did it all justice and this wasn't another complete moneygrab nostalgia project where Ash was just tacked onto something that didn't maintain the same feel as the movies. Really great series and a good ending for a bunch of amazing horror movies. Knowing how much Campbell cares about this character and the fans and that he will still tour around and happily interact with fans that love Ash Williams is still nice to think about.

Really sad to see it all end but they really did a good job with this whole Starz series. Good final chapter for one of my favorite characters

Juvarisx

Florida
Honestly, we were lucky to get a show at all. Apparently season 4 was going to be post apocalyptic like the alt ending to Army of Darkness, so who knows maybe Netflix will pick it up someday or something.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I enjoyed the special effects but overall I was kind of disappointed. Mostly because I wanted some additional time spent with Pablo and Kelly at the end. It kind of felt rushed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
it kind of felt rushed.

So many episodes in this series felt rushed. It really deserved to have hour long episodes instead of half hour.

Even at least the finale could have been an hour, yknow?

Definitely disappointed. =\

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So many episodes in this series felt rushed. It really deserved to have hour long episodes instead of half hour.

Even at least the finale could have been an hour, yknow?

Definitely disappointed. =\
I enjoyed the special effects but overall I was kind of disappointed. Mostly because I wanted some additional time spent with Pablo and Kelly at the end. It kind of felt rushed.

I will cut both you mutha fuckers if you say another LIE about the greatest show in American television history! It was....perfect in every way.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think this season was the best one, actually. Few of the episodes stand out really well. The sperm bank episode made me laugh out loud the entire fight. Just fucking great.

Sad it ended, but that's not a bad ending. You know he's out there kicking ass with a whole new arsenal. If Netflix somehow picked this up and convinced Bruce to come back I bet they'd scrap the whole post-apocalypse thing and do a "weed and pabst induced coma" type thing. I'd be up for it either way.

Also, Kelly just got hotter and hotter to me. Must be that bad bitch vibe.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Given the way every Evil Dead film has ended, if you had to end it, you ended it open ended/with Ash in some situation he isn't prepared for.

And no way, you keep the post apocalyptic ending. You have a whole religion around Ash with the survivors and he abuses that horribly, kinda like how he did in Army of Darkness.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I will cut both you mutha fuckers if you say another LIE about the greatest show in American television history! It was....perfect in every way.

it was great. i'm glad i watched it. but it could have been way way better even tho it was really great. all i'm saying.

as just one gripe -- Ash deserved hour long episodes. did he not?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
it was great. i'm glad i watched it. but it could have been way way better even tho it was really great. all i'm saying.

as just one gripe -- Ash deserved hour long episodes. did he not?

1 hour? Deserved it's own weekly 2 hour special!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
1 hour? Deserved it's own weekly 2 hour special!

see man? i love this show, and it was great, but it deserved more! could have been way better than what we got despite it already being one of the best shows on TV.