Ash vs Evil Dead

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
This show is exactly what I have been waiting for. I loved Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, nothing like a good old-fashioned chainsawing and shotgunning. Glad to see Bruce getting back into playing Ash again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He could be playing it off really well, but I think he's really gone :(

This death hits me harder than like 99% of any other TV show deaths. Pablo was the heart of the team.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doesn't Ash say the person closest to him is going to die, and says, to Pablo, "it'll probably be you."

Or something to that effect.

Cybsled

Pablo was merging with the Necronomicon, so I am guessing he will get resurrected or something will happen that lets him be saved (the preview for next episode had a scene which sort of reminded me of the time portal from the end of ED2/AOD).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

they could go full crazy and incorporate mutliverse, and spinoffs. Ash vs Marvel zombies, etc.

"that wasn't me, that was a bad Ash from an other universe."

Show seems to have little real reverence.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"I found the book right there.... or wait... was it in the cellar...." I nearly lost my shit at that.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The show also confirmed Army of Darkness did happen, when Ash mentioned he had traveled back to Medieval times previously ;p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and after stabbing his own leg and sucking out his rusty nail baby we'll never see him limp again.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The show also confirmed Army of Darkness did happen, when Ash mentioned he had traveled back to Medieval times previously ;p

They must have gotten the rights back behind the scenes then. That's the main reason they avoided anything to do with Army of Darkness originally.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Not necessarily, he was in the middle ages for like 30 seconds at the end of Evil Dead 2.

• 1Like

Sulrn

Deuces
Just started finally watching this and about to finish S1. As a fan of the movies, it seems like the show is based off of the original ED and ignores ED2/Army of Darkness (assuming because of copyright)?

Cybsled

This is a sequel to ED2 technically. He actually vaguely references Army of Darkness in S2, but they can't do much with AoD due to ownership rights on that title.

Sulrn

Deuces
Yeah, looking at the wiki it looks like I fell into the whole ED2 was a remake of ED1 "rumor" - I guess you can't trust what Bruce says 10+ years ago. Or what he says in regards to sequels?