Ashes of Creation

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
lol Battle Royale infesting MMOs. This genre truly is so awful and tired it's integrating other genres that are done to death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
It makes sense in this case though.. What better way to develop/tune your PVP gameplay than a BR while in early development?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It makes sense in this case though.. What better way to develop/tune your PVP gameplay than a BR while in early development?

How about just keep the PvP cancer out of MMOs? They can’t balance it anyways. They have the potential to be a really great PvE experience and they’re about to fuck it all up with PvP. So sad.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Isn’t the core of this game supposed to be PvP? Maybe I’m confused with another mmo in development.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Isn’t the core of this game supposed to be PvP? Maybe I’m confused with another mmo in development.

Maybe. But the game doesn't REQUIRE it. In fact, I'd wager that if Intrepid did both PvE and a PvP servers, the PvE servers would be more packed by a country mile. People that really want to PvP are playing FPS, MOBA, Battle Royals, etc. All this will degenerate into is griefing. We all know it...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe. But the game doesn't REQUIRE it. In fact, I'd wager that if Intrepid did both PvE and a PvP servers, the PvE servers would be more packed by a country mile. People that really want to PvP are playing FPS, MOBA, Battle Royals, etc. All this will degenerate into is griefing. We all know it...

I think the exact opposite. Every game I've played for 10 years PVP servers have been bigger than PVE servers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just the battle royale servers were taken down for now, which who really gives a fuck, the game isn't stopping development though

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think the exact opposite. Every game I've played for 10 years PVP servers have been bigger than PVE servers.

Well that is kind of by design... You want PVP servers to have enough people to actually kill so you give them a much higher max population in the hope that the concurrent user numbers are above a sensible threshold. So you have one very dense PVP server and then 5-6 much less crowded PVE servers as no one wants to wait in a queue for content.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game kind of faded away in the expectation department. I was so hoping that a new MMO could come out that was fun to play but it seems this one will not hit that mark. The days of MMO's appears to be slowly reaching the end. It is sad really since that was what I enjoyed in my younger days.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
A very fitting name that kind of describes the entire current MMO market: ashes....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game is a yikes.

Hopefully it fucks off in development hell for a few more years-- it needs it.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This game kind of faded away in the expectation department.
You had expectations after all the red flags? Like the ridiculously expensive packs, which are changing all the time, too? "Don't miss out, buy the next one, too, so you have ALL the items!". The "voyager plus" pack is currently $375.

The referral program that clearly worked so well for Star Citizen? "Refer and invite new players and receive 15% of their account purchases back as Intrepid Bucks!"

The stupid schedule that would have never worked out, like "beta at the end of 2018"

The small team and big claims, like "epic", "changing, dynamic world" and "this is gonna rock!"--Wait, wrong asshole.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This whole mess sounds exactly like EQ Next/EQ Landmark. We give you X to help us test stuff while we build the real MMO in the background.. oh and we have a little shop for cosmetics n stuff.. give us more money plz!!.. we will use everything to make the MMO bigger and better!!!

50/50 chance max that they will release a barely playable alpha-MMO after a long delay.... Brads Pantheon will probably be much better ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I need to go look at older videos of this game, I swear it was completely different or I am getting old and Senile.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
There will be no new successful MMOs until what the genre is completely changes. The formula is old and needs a complete rebuild.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
When the cost is reduced, VR mmos are going to cause a lot of divorces and failing students.