Ashes of Creation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There will be no new successful MMOs until what the genre is completely changes. The formula is old and needs a complete rebuild.

I keep telling people the genre isn't relevant but these MMO purists dont want to hear it.

The future of online gaming at best is stuff like Div 2, D3 style, RD2 online, and pseudo-quasi-MMO-esque games like that.

This idea in 2019 that there's some great MMO on the horizon is addicts searching for the white unicorn.

Let it go. Get back into the great RPG/action games that have been coming out. Shit, play Resident Evil.

• 4Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Relevant as in popularity or profitability? Plenty of "MMO purists" out there to turn a healthy profit if the game isnt shit.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
It depends upon what you're trying to achieve though. If you want to make a profitable game, with a couple hundred thousand players, then MMOs are still going to work fine. To me, a success, is a game that generates revenue to make the creators some money, keeps players engaged, and can sustain itself for 5-10 years through new content development. I doubt we'll ever see a behemoth like WoW again, unless somehow someone can make a Harry Potter, or Game of Thrones IP MMO and make it not suck, but success shouldn't be measured solely by comparison to WoW, or Fortnite, or whatever the flavor of the month is.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I just dont see it happening anymore with the current gen. Something game changing has to happen. Sword Art Online 'esque maybe? I dont know, but I just dont find myself wanting to sit down and play much of any MMO anymore. It's not that I dont have time, cause Ill cram out some 4X game for an entire day. Just feels like everything has the same GD mechanics with a different skin, now. You could say the same for Civ series, but its a poor comparison because you dont have to devote so much time just to play it and be relevant.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The consumers are still there, the problem is nothing is worth a shit anymore. You build something as good as WoW (That isn't WoW) again and people will play it.

Daidraco

Last I saw, one of the development team was saying something about the progress of Ashes is that they are happy with the overall spot of the classes, needing only a few tweaks. World development and art assets are where they are concentrating most of their man hours on. With a few large projects that may or not make it depending on their success that he couldnt talk about. (via Reddit within the last week)

Ie. Still in development and Furious is trolling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it was their battleroyale test thing that they stopped not the actual game.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
The BR thing was a great way for them to hash out a lot of the classes in PVP.. Even if they don't DIRECTLY use those character/class setups, the data is very useful moving forward. On one hand I kind of thought it was trying to cash in on the BR hysteria, but at the same time, it's a very valid tool to use for development.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
I admit I am a kickstarter backer of Ashes and as a consequence I follow it closely. It is still in development. On Aug 20, starting at 11 am PDT to 11 pm PDT They are having a play test/bug search for APOC. They have announced you will be able to get the launcher from their site and from steam on 19 Aug. starting at 2 pm PDT. atm this is for APOC .

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I literally give zero fucks about the BR of this game. Focus on the goddamn MMO already.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
update on Ashes. They will be attending GDC this year and showing a peek of Alpha 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sandbox open-world MMO with PvP, PvE, siege, questing, housing, crafting, trading etc

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is there any roadmap/estimated release yet? This isn't in Pantheon territory yet, but it seems to be taking quite awhile without any significant updates? Then again I don't follow it closely, so maybe beta is sooner than I have been led to believe?

Daidraco

Is there any roadmap/estimated release yet? This isn't in Pantheon territory yet, but it seems to be taking quite awhile without any significant updates? Then again I don't follow it closely, so maybe beta is sooner than I have been led to believe?
December of 2016, to Feb 2020 - Just over 3 years. I dont care about this game at all, but putting this millionaires fappening in the same bucket as Pantheon is an ignorant statement at best.