Ashes of Creation

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Art direction reminds me of Vanguard. And not the brown shit, but the better aspects of the game.

it's got realism and its refreshing.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice, I was looking forward to this for awhile and pleasantly that video only heightened that feeling for me. So far so good, hope they keep it up.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Right now would be the perfect time to release a new MMO... Me and my friends are really jonesin for good old fashioned online socializing

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Looked way better than expected. Actually interested/somewhat excited about this now. Slim pickings in the genre, but that was a solid showing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think part of the reason the aesthetic and scaling of art reminds me of Vanguard is possibly because of the same engine being used.

Albeit with intent, because Ashes was at one point interested in doing an EverQuest overlay if they could acquire the IP. An older MMO aesthetic jives with what the devs wanted to do here. And it looks like they accomplished that.

Ashes has old glory day MMO vibes to its art direction. It will definitely trigger nostalgia that Asian games like Final Fantasy and BDO can't provide.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
New World, then this. Maybe Crowfall, forget about the "Fallen".

Crowfall surprisingly has a very very active community. I checked some streams last night and there is FPS drops and chunking while doing normal pvp?

Can anyone in the alpha/beta attest to that? Maybe it was a re-stream problem, but it looked grisly and dehyped me.

I can deal with low-res animations and low-res graphics in a game that touts mass open world PvP and mechanics, but I can't deal with low-res AND FPS chunking. That would be a performance issue and a deal-breaker.

You're not wrong though. The games you want to be signed up for right now are Ashes of Creation, New World, and Crowfall (provided performance and mechanics pull through).

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crowfall has potential to be a fun game.

It will never perform as well as any modern game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Everyone is waiting on the Beta to launch, which was supposed to be "soon" in January. I'm not wasting my time until it drops then I'm going to give it a shot.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Crowfall has potential to be a fun game.

It will never perform as well as any modern game.

My only concern is FPS chunking, hitching, and dropping frames.

The performance looked ghastly and unplayable despite using low-res animations and low-res textures.

Ashes on the other hand, looks great despite using a similarly dated engine.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
A1 testing due to start in May..Direct quote from todays directors letter :Finally, I am happy to announce that limited Alpha One testing will begin in May of 2020 starting with our highest level Alpha One backers from Kickstarter. This testing will include our Phoenix Initiative backers and above at first. As the game client becomes more stable during this limited testing, we will begin to introduce our Braver-of-World and above backers, and eventually our Intrepid pre-order pack holders. Our goal is to have the Alpha One game client ready for full testing in Fall of 2020.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Looks like another complete nightmare for tanks and melee dps, can't see shit with all these spell effects going off.

• 1Like

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
according to Intrepid,the spell effects will be adjustable

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Looks like another complete nightmare for tanks and melee dps, can't see shit with all these spell effects going off.
They kept harping on how good that spell effect engineer was. Of course they went overboard with it.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They kept harping on how good that spell effect engineer was. Of course they went overboard with it.

Yep. If you've got the goods, why wouldn't you show them off? Game looks fantastic, mainly in that it looks very playable which is a far cry from it's competition right now. It does look a lot like previous WoW type games and I'm sure it will have it's share of problems but with COVID and the dearth of quality MMO games on the horizon, this has the chance to explode. I'm looking forward to trying it out.