Ashes of Creation

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
the launcher downloaded well, so did the game itself. I tried the mage ,cleric and tank archetypes. all were fun to play. There were plenty of quests available. i liked how both chat and quest log were hidden away off to the side in their own little areas.What ever class of race you chose you entered at the same location. Game play was good until the area got crowded and then rubberbanding kicked in. By the end of Sunday, the majority of the rubberbanding was solved.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
One of the quests required gatherables they tended to be a bit on the scarce side< . The mobs were diverse and plentiful. each mob had its own attack animations.The background sounds were great. the vistas... hoo boy the vistas, You could see forever. I must have seen at least six different biomes.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Has a great base to build on but lots work to be done. The node system is going to create some great player/guild content, drama, and pvp.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
about 30 mins before the test ended Steven entered the game, and ported us all to the same location .There was way more than 100 players in the group. Then we all went and killed a few dragons. A few nodes leveled up to level 3 and there was at least one mayoral election. A guild war was declared. I went into PVP mode.

Barab

You on Kal ? We had this on Kal as well. I was blowing people up on my tank.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
max level was 15. I got this far on my mage only. I tended to solo a lot and solo..can be done. you need to be wary of the mobs tho!!!

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
there were areas where there were no wildlife or NPCs. The game needs more fleshing out but overall it was a good time.

• 1Dislike

Chris

Potato del Grande
So any other details? Seamless zones aren’t new in the mmo space
Well we know that they are at least matching 2004 WoW.

Ironically 2020 WoW basically has loading screens between it's endgame zone haha.

• 1Worf

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
weather effects were present: There was one area that was so foggy and another where it was snowing. And those spiders that webbed you!

• 1Dislike

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sweet,

Ok, so this game has a long way to go. This is known.

What it did show was fun and entertaining after they fixed the rubberband situation. As already stated the scenery honestly at times reminds me of how I felt playing 2077. It can be that good. I enjoyed playing all of the classes but the one that truly stood out for me was the Cleric. Finally a healer that can DPS and solo just fine if need be. I did both soloing and grouping. I was slower than most mainly because I was trying out all the quests I could fine and some were bugged. I did a little crafting and resource collecting. That too had issues that have been discussed a lot in the Alpha forums. PvP was actually restricted for this test. You could not just go around killing players as that was not what they wanted tested this weekend. You could dual if you wanted.

Considering this was "pre-Alpha", I think the game was great. I was impressed at how fast they rectified the server issues. They only have 17% of the map implemented and I never had the time to explore everywhere. I am looking forward too all the future chances I have to further test as they add more and more content to the game. Mind boggling to realize just how much is still not in the game yet.

Big Thumbs up for me so far.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there people in alpha that are not $500 or more invested already? I'd like to hear from them. As much as people deny it, when you are that much money in already, can't really be unbiased.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Seems like positive signs. At this stage I guess you want to see core systems that seem well designed and content is expected to be spotty.

The real red flags would be if core systems seemed like they needed reworks or combat pacing / whatever was poor since that is all much harder to fix.

Going to be one to follow for sure.

Barab

You could go around pvping other players but we were told not to spawn camp or mindlessly go around pking as the main focus was on server stability not ganking.

Cybsled

Are there people in alpha that are not $500 or more invested already? I'd like to hear from them. As much as people deny it, when you are that much money in already, can't really be unbiased.

Right, it's like asking someone who spent 1k on a ship in Star Citizen what they think of the game. Sure, you have to like the game to spend that much, but when you spend that much you also feel like you have to justify why you spent that much.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You could go around pvping other players but we were told not to spawn camp or mindlessly go around pking as the main focus was on server stability not ganking.
So in other words this game is a griefers playground? if so do they want more than 2K people playing it?